E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Picture of Last Items You Bought (NO WEAPONS)

09-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #441
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
could you define "modded" ??

my idea of modded PS's goes waaaay back to the 90's where i would take my PS1, PS2 to Mexico and have them break it open so they could "install something" so that they could play bootleg games....

yeah, i would drop it off at the flea markets in Monterrey Mexico, pay $150 and this 15 year old kid would take it apart, solder some "piece" on it, and BAM, i was able to play $5 ripped games...

had over 25 bootleg games for my PS1 in 1996.

then, in 2001, i took my PS2 and got that one "modded"...probably bought another 8 or 9 games for my PS2...

my POS little brother pawned both of them in 2002 for $100 while i was stationed in Camp Pendleton.

the guys buying them probably had ZERO IDEA that they could rip games and play them on their consoles.....

by the time the PS3 came out, i was already out of the video game scene....
or some would jay jailbroken or rooted. I can now play backups of games or I can mount the image and play the game off the HD or I can use an external HD and play the game off that.

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #442
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
or some would jay jailbroken or rooted.
jailbreaking wasn't even a word back them when referring to hacking HAHA !!!!

so can you play burned games on your PS3 ??

or just what you described above ??
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #443
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

My lastest models...EL Al B767, LH B747-8 intercontinental, Air Berlin Bombardier dash 8.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #444
Trijicon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

We changed my office to my 2 yr old son's new bedroom and I decided to make it train themed. I used to be into model trains, so I dusted off my trains and spent way too much on eBay for new trains, and made him a Shelf Model Train Layout.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #445
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Very Cool! I love the impact mechanical models have one young kids. Gets them interested in how things work.

My father has a pretty sweet set up. It's been featured in some model RR mags. We built a wood routed slot car track out side of the train room. The train is pretty cool, but the slots are good fun!
      09-05-2013, 01:52 PM   #446
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Got myself some new irons after my current set has seen 3 seasons, it was time.

For those that care, or know golf, they have hard stepped kbs tour shafts and down 2*

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #447
ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestGolfBum View Post

For those that care, or know golf, they have hard stepped kbs tour shafts and down 2*

3 seasons? I'm still hitting my Ping Zings I got new back in '92. I just regrip them every other year.

Love the old square grooves...I'll never give them up.
      09-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #448
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
3 seasons? I'm still hitting my Ping Zings I got new back in '92. I just regrip them every other year.

I play somewhere in the range of 250 rounds a year, so the faces actually start to get worn out. 3 years is a hell of a long time for me to actually keep clubs, normally its every year given the people I now know in the golf industry.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #449
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:

Got the same set of 712 mb's with KBS C-taper about a year ago and haven't even played them for more than 10 rounds. The characteristics of the shaft is something I really can't get the hang of and I'm still much better off with my old (really old) 695cb's with KBS x-tours hard stepped. I still keep the 712 around cuz they are just down right sexy right beside my Mizuno Mp32s with DGx100 that I decided to retire and keep for life. I think it's time I throw on some X100 on my 712 MB's and give it a go again. 250 rounds a year is quite crazy, are you a touring pro?
      09-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #450
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Got the same set of 712 mb's with KBS C-taper about a year ago and haven't even played them for more than 10 rounds. The characteristics of the shaft is something I really can't get the hang of and I'm still much better off with my old (really old) 695cb's with KBS x-tours hard stepped. I still keep the 712 around cuz they are just down right sexy right beside my Mizuno Mp32s with DGx100 that I decided to retire and keep for life. I think it's time I throw on some X100 on my 712 MB's and give it a go again. 250 rounds a year is quite crazy, are you a touring pro?
I have never liked the c-tapers, don't know why, just something about them just doesn't do it for me. The tours, however have been great. I have some MP32s around for a set of guest clubs that I still play every now and again, but have been sticking the the Titleist clubs as a whole for a while now. Always liked the X100s, have put them in some of the other sets of irons I have.

I'm not a touring pro, just a business owner/sales guy who likes to golf. I play in 3 18 hole leagues a week, and get out at least 1 or 2 other times a week when possible. Also take 2 or 3 golf trips every winter which turns into 36 a day at times. I have a lot of friends that are willing to come and play golf with me/call me to play golf on a regular basis which makes things easier as well. Having the ability to work from smartphones, having a secretary and having people under me that can get things done has really helped me be able to spend more time on the golf course as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #451
ake53
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E53

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Thoughts on the V1?

I had an 8500 X50...and I'm looking to move on to the V1.
fking piece of shit. took a road trip from mass to south carolina and back. it had so many false alarms i just wanted to shut it off. I tried all the modes and programming available too. wish i kept my 8500 it was cheaper and better. I returned it back and still fking waiting for the return to go thru. pos!.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #452
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post

Just this year I got some new nike irons (well new to me, bought them off my old man). Before that I had been swinging some off brands from Dunhams that I've had for the past 7 years.

Even though those weren't the best clubs at all, I knew how to swing them. Now I feel like I need to completely get re-in touch having new clubs.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #453
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Just this year I got some new nike irons (well new to me, bought them off my old man). Before that I had been swinging some off brands from Dunhams that I've had for the past 7 years.

Even though those weren't the best clubs at all, I knew how to swing them. Now I feel like I need to completely get re-in touch having new clubs.
That's where having clubs made/fit for you helps. Of course, that also takes more time/effort/money(in some cases) but changing clubs won't make as big of a difference to you when you get them fit correctly. I can only tell the difference because a spot hasn't been worn out on the face yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #454
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
That's where having clubs made/fit for you helps. Of course, that also takes more time/effort/money(in some cases) but changing clubs won't make as big of a difference to you when you get them fit correctly. I can only tell the difference because a spot hasn't been worn out on the face yet.
I wish I had the expendable money to get clubs fitted, but I lucked out and was able to purchase my fathers clubs (maybe used twice?). I probably would still be using my old clubs if it weren't for him wanting different irons. I haven't gotten out more than a few times myself, so I haven't exactly been able to work on my swing, haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #455
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Just ordered turbocharger installation kit, set of 6 spark plugs, and oil service kit from ECS tuning. Getting everything ready for the vargas install

$452 poorer lol
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #456
MidwestGolfBum
North Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I wish I had the expendable money to get clubs fitted, but I lucked out and was able to purchase my fathers clubs (maybe used twice?). I probably would still be using my old clubs if it weren't for him wanting different irons. I haven't gotten out more than a few times myself, so I haven't exactly been able to work on my swing, haha.
Getting clubs fitted doesn't cost much, I know most places will do a set of irons for $100 or so and can almost always make do with your current clubs as they are. Only time there would be some real money involved is if you needed to change shaft flex. May be worth looking in to, should you care.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #457
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

paid $200 for my painted tins on my bike yesterday.

flat grey to go with my car.....

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #458
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Nice bike!
      09-10-2013, 03:23 AM   #459
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

nice bike...I'm more impressed about how your house number changes lol.
      09-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #460
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
nice bike...I'm more impressed about how your house number changes lol.
12715 is mine lol.

12718 is the neighbors house across the street since she has shade in her driveway HAHAHA !!!!

my front door faces west, hers obviously faces east
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #461
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

I was just going to say, that the brick pattern is different as well.
      09-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #462
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

yeah, you can tell my front door has double sided tape stuck to it from all the "festive shit" my wife wants to have every season.....
Appreciate 0