E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BMW OEM License Plate PDC

06-28-2009, 07:16 AM   #23
fdiprete
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 512i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
Thanks. Not that noticeable on your black car. I think it'll stick out a bit more like a sore thumb on my silver car but I'll probably end up getting it anyway. Thanks for the info.
welcome - and I think you're right about the sore thumb on a silver car.

one more hint - don't use the license plate screws in the kit without spacers. They are too long and will dig into your paint. My pic shows using the shorter screws in the kit with 3 washers each.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 03:02 AM   #24
karimsha
Rep
Drives: bmw 320i 2009

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdiprete View Post
Here you go:

Hi There , I bought those sensors from LA, but I haven't installed them Yet. I need to know if they have a place to be plugged or do you have to mess with the wiring harness ?

and are they Efficient enough to warn you in tight parkin
g? I got them because they are at a very good price $ 130 including vat .. while the Bumper sensors cost $ 1500 - Rear Only I guess it was not worth it
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #25
fdiprete
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 512i xdrive

the connections are made by tapping into the harness in the trunk , right side, using taps included with the kit.

here's a post with the pdf:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56831

I'll resist the urge to quote myself in the above post about the performance of the unit.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #26
karimsha
Rep

Angry Un Accepted and Un Logic Justification from the Bavarian Auto

Dear All ..

As I posted that i have ordered those License Plate PDC from LA .. I went to the bavarian Auto today to Install them . and I had the silliest justification for a No they cant fit .. My ride is 320 2009 LCI .. How can't it fit my car . I know that All it requires is Power from the rear Reverse Light Correct me if am Wrong. and they still refused to install it and they said that if I installed them outside the dealership , the car will be out of the warranty .. Guys . advise me what shall i Do with those ignorents ???
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 05:04 AM   #27
karimsha
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimsha View Post
Dear All ..

As I posted that i have ordered those License Plate PDC from LA .. I went to the bavarian Auto today to Install them . and I had the silliest justification for a No they cant fit .. My ride is 320 2009 LCI .. How can't it fit my car . I know that All it requires is Power from the rear Reverse Light Correct me if am Wrong. and they still refused to install it and they said that if I installed them outside the dealership , the car will be out of the warranty .. Guys . advise me what shall i Do with those ignorents ???
Guys ,

No One advised me in my case, However, i performed a test connection to the reverse light and it worked fine, I will Install it my self tomrrow. Does any one had any electrical issues withthis KIT

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 08:49 AM   #28
Sinister Stairs
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335xi Sedan

Digging up this thread from the past...

I looked over the install instructions and noticed this: "Complete the anti-corrosion treatment process." What is the treatment -- is it something included with the kit, or something you buy/perform on your own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdiprete View Post
Appreciate 0