E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Vendor Reviews

01-07-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 E92 | N55 F15 | N55 E70

Vendor Reviews

Hi Everyone,
I joined E90post a couple of months before purchasing my E92 335i, and within the space of a year, I've gone from bone stock to FBO minus an intake. I've dealt with a number of vendors on this forum, and just wanted to give feedback on my dealings with all of them.

Vishnu Performance
This is where it all started. After doing a lot of research on the the available tunes for the N54, I decided that the Procede Rev3 V5 suited my long term goals most completely. After a couple of conversations with Shiv and Robert, I sent them my payment via paypal and received my tune within a week (shipped all the way to Hong Kong!). The product itself has worked flawlessly, and Shiv has always responded to any questions I've had in a timely manner. In fact, when I blew off my flimsy stock chargepipe, Shiv helped me diagnose the issue and explained how to repair it at some unearthly hour on the West Coast!
I also purchased my AE Exhaust from Vishnu, and they gave me a great deal and followed it up with great exchange service after DHL slightly damaged the mid-pipe.

Stett Performance.
I was initially planning on purchasing my AST 4100's from HPA because I'd read a lot of positive reviews on these forums. However, my personal experience with them was disappointing at best. I wrote Harold a couple of emails and despite answering promptly, his responses were curt and he didn't answer any of my questions fully. I contacted the other forum sponsor that sells AST's, but they took over 2 weeks to respond by which time I'd already completed the transaction with Stett. My only complaint dealing with Stett was that sometimes it took them 4-5 days to respond to emails when i had specific questions. It felt like I was making the sale for them to some extent! Despite the minor inconvenience, Chad was very professional and helpful and they too gave me a great deal when it was all said and done. The springs and shocks arrived separately but were extremely well packaged for the long haul trip they had to endure. I was very impressed.

E92 Lighting
This company has gotten a lot of grief on this forum, and I too had a little bit of a tough time dealing with Derek initially. I emailed him regarding some MTEC Angel Eyes, and he responded suggesting I get DTEC's instead as they were cheaper and offered about the same quality. To cut a long story short, the DTEC's sucked and arrived over a month after I ordered them. After a little bit of wrangling with Derek, he ended up coming through for me, and I ended up with a set of MTEC's and a free foglight's for the trouble he put me through. Overall, I had a positive experience with him. Derek needs to work on his bedside manner, but he's a good guy overall, and I have since ordered E92-Lighting again.

Duke Dynamics (Bimmerkit)
I ordered my 3 fin FRP quad diffusor from these guys. The whole process was pretty uneventful aside from them screwing up my address when they sent the item out for delivery. I got a phone call directly from Bimmerkit when they realized their mistake, but I received the diffusor a few days late - not a bid deal. The diffusor itself fit fine, but the finish left a lot be desired, and my body shop had to do quite a lot of prep work to avoid it looking like a pimpled adolescent's face.

Top Gear Solutions
I ordered my ER charge pipe and BOV from Jeff and he was very professional and prompt in his responses. He gave me a great deal, however there were a few questions that I wished he answered more thoroughly. I know that there are people with higher levels of understanding when it comes to installing aftermarket products on their cars, but if he'd elaborated a little bit more on the answers to questions I had, my chargepipe installation would have gone a lot smoother.

VRSF
Probably the best customer service I've ever experienced. Tiago is extremely helpful and patient. I ordered two intercoolers (one for a friend), and my downpipes from VRSF, and Tiago just went out of his way to answer all of my niggly questions thoroughly. He even took delivery of my chargepipe and BOV from Jeff and repackaged them and sent everything on it's way to Hong Kong. This is a gem of a company and I wish Tiago continued success for all his hard work and dedication. Oh, I'm very happy with my Intercooler and Downpipes as well
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782212

Last edited by Laguna Seca Blue; 01-07-2013 at 10:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #2
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

Done
PROcede Rev3 V5 | AE Quad Exhaust | BMW Performance Short Shift Kit | Gunmetal 19" M3 GTS Wheels | BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 | AST 4100 Coilovers | Swift Springs F:280 R:560 | ER Charge Pipe | Tial Blue BOV | VRSF 3" Downpipes | VRSF 7" Intercooler

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #3
creaminz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI

Can't say nothing bad about Tiago@VRSF as well. Awesome vendor to deal with, got my exhaust quick and they look fantastic!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Thanks for your review. I'm always looking to improve my customer service skills so I will take these into consideration. I actually have a very strong knowledge of the ER CP as I've owned one myself too. I dont recall which conversations we've had about them off hand but I will definitely look to improving my responses where I can.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:13 AM   #5
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Thanks for your review. I'm always looking to improve my customer service skills so I will take these into consideration. I actually have a very strong knowledge of the ER CP as I've owned one myself too. I dont recall which conversations we've had about them off hand but I will definitely look to improving my responses where I can.
Hey Jeff, thanks for your response. I ended up breaking my intake manifold nipple. Although it was my own fault for tugging on vacuum tube too hard, I just wish you'd let me know that it was delicate when i'd emailed you specifically asking where to plug the tube from the BOV.

Anyway, thumbs up to a great vendor

Last edited by Laguna Seca Blue; 01-10-2013 at 03:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post
Hey Jeff, thanks for your response. I ended up breaking my intake manifold nipple. Although it was my own fault for tugging on vacuum tube too hard, I just wish you'd let me know that it was delicate when i'd emailed you specifically asking where to plug the tube from the BOV.

I apologize for not informing you of that. That nipple breaks off of so many N54'sI actually didn't break mine personally but I've read so many horror stories I sometimes think everyone just knows by now. My apologies for assuming on that tip.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #7
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Thanks for the kind words! It was a pleasure dealing with you as well and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to be part of your build!

Feel free to contact us in the future if there's anything else you need in the future
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:24 PM   #8
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Thanks for the kind words! It was a pleasure dealing with you as well and I'm very grateful for the opportunity to be part of your build!

Feel free to contact us in the future if there's anything else you need in the future
I will indeed. Oh, and just in case you're interested in using some of the pics Icy J took of my car with your FMIC installed for marketing purposes, feel free. You can go to this link and download whatever pictures you like. http://www.flickr.com/photos/-icyj-/...th/8280845972/

Here are a few good ones:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #9
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Damn that's clean! Great job on the pics! Tell him thank you for me. I'm about to add a customer's cars section to the website based on the quality of shots alone!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Damn that's clean! Great job on the pics! Tell him thank you for me. I'm about to add a customer's cars section to the website based on the quality of shots alone!
Yeah he's a really talented guy, only 17 years old, really passionate about photographing cars. Look forward to seeing pictures of my car on your website.

Also do you think you could email me your best price for the closed AFE intake? My PM box is almost full, and i'm sick of having to delete crap all the time

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #11
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laguna Seca Blue View Post

read a DIY beforehand and this could have been avoided. Vendors can't do EVERYTHING for you; that is why the DIY forum exists.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #12
Laguna Seca Blue
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog x6 View Post
read a DIY beforehand and this could have been avoided. Vendors can't do EVERYTHING for you; that is why the DIY forum exists.
I did read several DIY's. I wasn't familiar with the terminology so I asked for clarification. Thanks for the advice though.

Appreciate 0