E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Have a Rant Thread...

11-05-2015, 01:30 AM   #1
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Angry Have a Rant Thread...

Go ahead take a load off.. if you have hate in your heart let that hate out..

I will start.. the insurance industry is so poorly regulated. I have an open claim with Admiral... have had no correspondence despite badgering them for updates... yesterday I got through to someone and they informed me that the claim stays open internally for 2 years... as far as I know... we were both at fault... I have had times when they have told me that I admitted liability when I did not do such a thing.. times when they have told me the third party claimed for a small amount... £120... times when they have told me it is still being disputed and nothing has been paid out...

Appreciate 0
      11-05-2015, 03:20 AM   #2
Icekube
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

get a dash cam (or 2), should help out no end when it comes to the insurance companies shitty 50/50 fault practices.

i cant stand folks who seem unable to overtake cyclists on an A road, they sit behind them for miles on end, when the road is almost wide enough for 4 cars! you dont even need to leave the lane to give a cyclist half a car widths space! yet these numpties just sit there.
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      11-05-2015, 04:25 AM   #3
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

I feel vulnerable if I ever drive without mine now. Turns into he said, she said otherwise and witnesses are often unreliable.

Oh plus I'd love to have a rant about work and 2yrs of unnecessary stress but people know I use this account...
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)

Last edited by AWSAWS; 11-05-2015 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13342.00
      11-05-2015, 05:10 AM   #4
OGM2LCI
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 M2 LCI

Cyclists riding 2 abreast at a significantly slower speed that the surrounding traffic just so they can yap to each other, this infuriates me. Just as you get enough space to overtake them you will later get held up in traffic, they go single file undertake all the traffic and then you're all back to square one!
Appreciate 1
      11-05-2015, 05:50 AM   #5
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

Middle lane hoggers on the M4 absolutely do my box in! I really don't understand why the M4 slows down when it's going from 2 lanes to 3 lanes and from 4mph to 70mph leaving London. Why can't people just stay to the left unless they are overtaking? It's not that hard is it?
      11-05-2015, 04:51 PM   #6
imy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M140i

TFL charging me £12 a day to travel to work in conditions that are deemed unfit for cattle. Mofos.
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2015, 03:39 AM   #7
OGM2LCI
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Brown nosers in work who are only there to better themselves than do good in general

I could make this ranting a standard daily thing tbh, call me Karl Pilkington!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
lifeofjono
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
Go ahead take a load off.. if you have hate in your heart let that hate out..

I will start.. the insurance industry is so poorly regulated. I have an open claim with Admiral... have had no correspondence despite badgering them for updates... yesterday I got through to someone and they informed me that the claim stays open internally for 2 years... as far as I know... we were both at fault... I have had times when they have told me that I admitted liability when I did not do such a thing.. times when they have told me the third party claimed for a small amount... £120... times when they have told me it is still being disputed and nothing has been paid out...

Am in a similiar boat, just went to renew my insurance and found out that my ncb has been reduced to 1 years despite me not claiming on my insurance, I settled it through another party. (i know adds to everyones premiums but i was angry at the time and wanted it sorted) and now the other party are trying to claim against me. Which is a joke, I only owned the car for 2 weeks before they jumped a red at a junction and cut across infront of me. I have independent witness (bus driver) and a stack of evidence and they still aren't admitting liability. Have to renew my insurance on tues. £1600! when it should be around £600.

Going to fight my case but in the short term the claim remains open and until they admit liability i have to accept 1yrs ncb and have to declare a claim for 5 years!

To clarify i'm the victim and i'm getting royally buttfucked. I would've have been better if I crashed into him, not even lying, doing price comparisons and put driver at fault as me and prices go down?!

Edit: Im with admiral too!

Last edited by lifeofjono; 11-08-2015 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: forgot
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:46 AM   #9
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by James-B93 View Post
Brown nosers in work who are only there to better themselves than do good in general

I could make this ranting a standard daily thing tbh, call me Karl Pilkington!
Got some terrible examples at my office also. They are everywhere. I used to think also that bullshit could only take you so high before you are found out but not from what I've seen. At least I can get this off my chest without naming names.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2015, 03:51 AM   #10
OGM2LCI
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Got some terrible examples at my office also. They are everywhere. I used to think also that bullshit could only take you so high before you are found out but not from what I've seen. At least I can get this off my chest without naming names.
I despise it, and them! The worst sort of person for this I believe is those that will struggle to do any work or make any progress off their own back, they'll gather loads of info and knowledge from other generous individuals and pass it off as their own work, and you're right it is nice to be able to rant here without naming!
Appreciate 1
      11-12-2015, 03:08 AM   #11
Ao1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Cash cow privatisation of parking enforcement
Doctoring photographic “evidence”

http://thelincolnite.co.uk/2015/09/m...coln-car-park/

Insider whistle-blower confessions:

“On this site there are two parking spaces which are not actual spaces, even though they are marked up as bays, a lot of tickets were issued in these spaces to get numbers up (and probably still are).

“Photos often used to be taken at angles to make it look like people were parked really far out of bays, when they were not."

“As for the time stamp fiasco, CCTV used to be checked first thing in the morning by the car park attendant. Let’s say a car entered car park at 9:45 and it was seen on CCTV at 12:00 that time, the warden would change time on camera phone to 9:45 go out and take a picture, then change time again to 12:00, then take a final picture – this was common practice.”
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2015, 11:11 AM   #12
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Those fucking terrorists should be raped with barbed wires and castrated. They should be buried under a public urinals so that anyone could take a piss on them.
Appreciate 3
      11-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #13
John320d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E93

I have been insured by Saga for house insurance for a lot of years. They then offered me a 5 star de faqto 24/7 insurance for any leaks, boiler breakdown etc. I accepted their offer and 6 months later had a hot water cylinder leak. I thought " wow, something for my money at last". I reported the leak to them and they sent a surveyor to my house 3 days later. He took away a list of materials required to do the repair including a new cylinder. The following day another surveyor came round and did exactly the same. I was then notified that I was not covered for the cylinder. We (both in our seventies) had been without central heating or hot water for a week. This was January. The company that had surveyed the job phoned me and said that they realised that I had had a raw deal and they would do the work for a sympathetic price of £604. I got another quote off a different company for £400. They did the job, no problem. I then used the Saga Complaints Dept. to look into the matter.
3 weeks later I received an e-mail stating that they had investigated the case and related the history of the claim. They obviously had not because they got the dates and times wrong. they found in favour of Saga. They said the file was now closed. Bastards.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2015, 02:24 PM   #14
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

You're over 70 John?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #15
John320d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
You're over 70 John?
79 actually and still keen.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 11:16 AM   #16
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by John320d View Post
Wow

I hope im still as keen as you when i reach my seventies
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 12:23 PM   #17
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by John320d
Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
You're over 70 John?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #18
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Any kind of insurance will be a PITA when the money needs to flow the other way. You're not alone my friend. My parents had a pipe from the water tank break and it was months of back and forth. It damaged 2 floors(levels), the bathroom, carpets and walls etc.

My latest vent is that we have many many poor performers in my office and it just seems that nobody is willing to address it. Lots and lots of people all complaining to each other and whispering when the one in question is not about but not willing to do anything about it. We've had planned sessions where this is supposed to be brought up and instead they've bottle it and skirted around the issue. A mixture of inability, laziness and academically challenged factors.
The phrase 'not talking about the elephant in the room' is a perfect analogy. Problem is there are so many empty suits in my office, it takes the biscuit.

Some people able to do something about it don't want to rock the boat as they aren't directly affected and suffering from the incompetence.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #19
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Any kind of insurance will be a PITA when the money needs to flow the other way. You're not alone my friend. My parents had a pipe from the water tank break and it was months of back and forth. It damaged 2 floors(levels), the bathroom, carpets and walls etc.

My latest vent is that we have many many poor performers in my office and it just seems that nobody is willing to address it. Lots and lots of people all complaining to each other and whispering when the one in question is not about but not willing to do anything about it. We've had planned sessions where this is supposed to be brought up and instead they've bottle it and skirted around the issue. A mixture of inability, laziness and academically challenged factors.
The phrase 'not talking about the elephant in the room' is a perfect analogy. Problem is there are so many empty suits in my office, it takes the biscuit.

Some people able to do something about it don't want to rock the boat as they aren't directly affected and suffering from the incompetence.
Same here... we have a colleague who comes in late and leaves early... in a given day she probably does a third of the work that she should... no one has said anything but everyone knows... it got so annoying that I started to log her times... got witnesses and gave all the logs to the manager... its up to him now... to sort it out... I don't want people like that in my team... as her indirect line manager I have tried to support her, show compassion, guide her but now I am past that and everyone ignores her... I tried to help but you can't help everyone... she has upset a lot of my colleagues... asking them intrusive questions... one lady has adopted kids as she cannot have them... and this girl was questioning her loudly in the reception area about why she adopted and why she could not have kids... she hardly knows her! My colleague came to me and asked me to do something about it before she did... so I said... let's record her work and feedback on it... I hate micro managing but she needs to go.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2015, 11:13 AM   #20
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
Same here... we have a colleague who comes in late and leaves early... in a given day she probably does a third of the work that she should... no one has said anything but everyone knows... it got so annoying that I started to log her times... got witnesses and gave all the logs to the manager... its up to him now... to sort it out... I don't want people like that in my team... as her indirect line manager I have tried to support her, show compassion, guide her but now I am past that and everyone ignores her... I tried to help but you can't help everyone... she has upset a lot of my colleagues... asking them intrusive questions... one lady has adopted kids as she cannot have them... and this girl was questioning her loudly in the reception area about why she adopted and why she could not have kids... she hardly knows her! My colleague came to me and asked me to do something about it before she did... so I said... let's record her work and feedback on it... I hate micro managing but she needs to go.
Been in a really similar situation with a guy who was an alcoholic. Used to roll up at 10, disappear to the pub between 12 and 2 and be gone by 4.
I was tasked with lots of projects this guy was necessary for. Complained about him and got asked if I could prove he wasn't doing the work. WTF!!? I always got handed the lame ducks.
The work he did do was either riddled with bugs or broke other things it worked with. No care, no checking nothing. He became a running joke in the office but nothing would be done about him. My manager at the time wouldn't help me as he had a personal vendetta against me. This person causes me problems to this day and has put my career way back from what it should be.
Eventually this joke of a person left after an argument with another person in the office and making an ultimatum. Him or the other guy. There's so much wrong in this office it's unbelievable.
It feels like once you join this place, you are here to stay. No matter how bad they are.
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 02:05 PM   #21
Somerset Jim
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 LCI DCT & F01 730d SE

Came back to my car after a couple of hours in the office and found some Good Samaritan had modified my paint job on the drivers door

[IMG]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/...s7jo4rgvr.jpeg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2015, 11:09 PM   #22
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset Jim
Came back to my car after a couple of hours in the office and found some Good Samaritan had modified my paint job on the drivers door

[IMG]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/...s7jo4rgvr.jpeg[/IMG]
Wtf? At your work place?
Appreciate 0