E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > AfterMarket Head Unit And Parrot

06-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
neddyuk
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Xdrive

Question AfterMarket Head Unit And Parrot

Hi Guys,

Just some background, so I purchased a 2008 pre CLI BMW 318i Sport.
It’s working great and I am a proud owner. So I went to change the installed head unit (Alpine CD73 BMW Professional) for an aftermarket Sony.
After finding there was no switchable live and the head unit wouldn’t work I wired the switchable and permanent to the same wire on the back of the head unit (See http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4193832211.pdf - Figure 3 for details)(I wasn’t bothered about draining the battery as I used to detach the face) But whenever I came back to it I would lose all my settings like it lost all power.

I decided in the end as all the features didn’t work with the unit i would fit a parrot MKi9200. I have purchased the adapter "SOT-PC000006AA" and i need to take a feed to a switchable live (was thinking of taking it from the cigarette lighter) but where does the permanent feed from?

I am under the impression it comes from PIN15 on the ISO connection but when I tried this as above with my Sony head unit it lost its settings.

Also does anyone have an ISO wiring diagram? I am looking for what pin I put the "mute" to.

I have had a look around and can’t find the answers top my questions

Thanks in advance guys
Appreciate 0