E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 335i Torque Steer

02-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #23
trk06
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: with no spare

Mine was doing the same, found out tires (rft) were not inflated correctly. After correct pressure put in it was a lot better. But keep in mind if the road is uneven you will still feel a little steering issues but its minor.
      02-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #24
335BBS
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 335 coupe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleksl View Post
Yes the RFT suck, the open LSD sucks but it's the the massive difference in torque that's to blame mostly. Cars like G35/G37 have way less TQ compared to the 335. All that TQ avalable down low means rear tires overpowered.

Look at this chart and that's with the G37 (328hp 270tq) not G35

plus its really one wheel drive!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #25
CS
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surly73 View Post
You need to make sure that your rear alignment is bang on and that you don't have any play developing in bushings or balljoints back there.

Those are the #1 factors I've observed contributing to the rear end not behaving itself under power (or rough roads, or crowned roads, or heavy side winds, or.....)
Good Point, I will get a re-alignment from BMW. It has been a year since my last one. Thanks for the tip.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #26
CS
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk06 View Post
Mine was doing the same, found out tires (rft) were not inflated correctly. After correct pressure put in it was a lot better. But keep in mind if the road is uneven you will still feel a little steering issues but its minor.
I'm using Michelin PS2 tires, but I haven't checked the tire pressures for 6 months. This is probably another avenue to check out - thanks for the advice!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #27
CS
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxman1950 View Post
This issue is covered extensively elsewhere in the forum - it is more likely due to the soft rubber rear subframe bushings. Many people change over to M3 bushings, or you may wish to try inserts from Powerflex.
Thanks, can you please point me to the thread.

Installing LSD and suspension modification will be the next thing i will look at if the problem persist after i get my alignment and tire pressures checked.

Damn... it's going to rough forking out 2grand + for LSD alone, how much will suspension cost?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #28
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

non RFT and an LSD would help a bunch. Also some guys use aftermarket end links to stiffen up the rear end.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #29
Manxman1950
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Z4M roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Thanks, can you please point me to the thread.

Installing LSD and suspension modification will be the next thing i will look at if the problem persist after i get my alignment and tire pressures checked.

Damn... it's going to rough forking out 2grand + for LSD alone, how much will suspension cost?

Try Googling "335 M3 subframe bushings". The Powerflex inserts have good reviews and would be a relatively inexpensive interim solution.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #30
MyF15+F85
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F85 and 2015 F15

Being an ex Supra (Toyota ) guy, funny that someone picked up on it.
I have had the exact same feeling in my supra, the first time I drove my 335i, I thought to myself HERE WE GO AGAIN ! ( I'm not kidding )
In my supra ( which had stock LSD ) I fixed it ( I DID permanently ) by changing the offset on my wheels, I know it may sound funny but that was all I did .
I went from 17" to 18" with wider and much more of-set set up, which gave me the grip, and safe feel of higher speeds.

Saying all that, I'm sure that all these will have a tremendous amount of influence on the way your particular car will track ( drive )

- alignment
- bushings ( sub-frame and suspension components )
- lowering
- wheel set up
- tires ( RTF vs non )
- steering ratio
- LSD
- tire pressure
-ETC

Here's just my 5 cents
Appreciate 0