E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 2011 355i engine malfunction

04-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #23
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
hmm looks like no improvement on the n55 engine?...failing under 10k miles!...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 05:05 PM   #24
Hom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Well after I got my car back from the dealers I noticed a few issues with it. Firstly a strange low pitch noise coming from under the bonnet, also a lag in the throttle response, like it really only pulled from 4k (before it used to push you back in the seat much earlier on in the rev range) and really low mpg 21 mpg after long motorway driving.

Reported all this and it went in again for what was supposed to be 1-2 days work which turned into a week. Apparently they where "unable to communicate with the car" and had to get BMW in bracknell to assist. This turned into a joke really since everyday I would call would result in the same answer "sorry can't communicate with the car" eventually got so annoyed phone up BMW uk to complain (again) and they called the dealer who "fixed" it the next day. I was told I was the first person in the uk to have this problem with the software they put on. After having it back for a few days the noise is still there for sure And yeh, still doesn't feel as punchy as it did.

Wish I still had my old car
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #25
toxicnerve
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M-Sport

Is it possible to reject a 2nd hand/AUC car?

It sounds like you're having an absolute nightmare with this one and it's possible it's a mythical "Friday Afternoon" special...
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #26
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom View Post
Hello all

Long time lurker looking for some advice. Just over a week ago I suffered a right rear puncture, phoned my local dealer and booked it in for a replacement. This all went well, however just as the keys where about to be handed back to me they told me that there had been a problem with my car when they test drove it to check the tire pressures. They mentioned that it had suffered an engine malfunction and completely cut out. Now I'd never had this issue before so was quite surprised, the car is 10 months old and I've had it for 8 weeks (Bought via the same dealer).

I was told to leave it there since its dangerous to drive it and the replacement part should be in stock within a day or 2. That was over a week ago and now they have no date for the parts to arrive, saying its back ordered and it could be days / weeks. Whats worse is they made me walk home since they had no cars available and they only supplied a car for me 4 days into the wait after I complained about the lack of mobility.

The car has done 6500 miles (N55 335i) and its suffered a valvetronic motor fail and a gasket needs replacing (That's what I've been told). I just find it infuriating that my car could be stuck with the dealer for weeks and there doesn't appear to be a lot I can do about it.

Should I get on the phone to BMW and complain direct?
I got the same code a week or two ago. But there is a software update for it.
      04-09-2011, 06:14 PM   #27
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Software update is probably the 'customer delete' key at BMW

Shocking isnt it?