E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Question about Springs vs Coilovers

03-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
Moony
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / F32 435i

Garage List
2010 328i  [0.00]
Question about Springs vs Coilovers

I wanted to get some wheels but I heard the car would look awkward if I didn't lower them with wheels. I did some research and it seems like the budget way to go would be to get Springs but Coilovers are the real deal.

I looked up at the H&R Springs and was wondering would I need to get more than just springs to fit an 18x8.5F and 18.9R rim. Any fender rolling? Not sure what to ask because I don't know much about Suspension in general.

I have a BMW 328i 2010 Coupe with the M-Sports Package
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Luther@Fleming Automotive
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verve View Post
I wanted to get some wheels but I heard the car would look awkward if I didn't lower them with wheels. I did some research and it seems like the budget way to go would be to get Springs but Coilovers are the real deal.

I looked up at the H&R Springs and was wondering would I need to get more than just springs to fit an 18x8.5F and 18.9R rim. Any fender rolling? Not sure what to ask because I don't know much about Suspension in general.

I have a BMW 328i 2010 Coupe with the M-Sports Package
As long as you get the correct offset you will not need to do any rolling with that size rim setup!!..
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Lulz_M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335i 6MT

Your question about wheels can only be answered if you list the offset.

Alot of people are dissapointed with the ride quality of replacing only the springs. If you would like to maintain favorable ride quality, it is recommended to replace the factory strut and damper with an aftermarket unit that pairs well with whatever springs you choose. Look around and do some searching, there is alot of info that has been covered on this topic.
Appreciate 0