E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Window Rollup Issue - Not Regulator

06-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #1
kernhills
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Window Rollup Issue - Not Regulator

Hello,

I have a 2006 325 e90. So in Feb my rear drivers side window went down as norma, but wouldnt go back up. I pulled the panel off and found the wires for the Regulator broken, so I replaced the regulator.

Now I have an intermittent new problem. The window will normally work fine, but occasionaly I put it down, and it wont go back up. I pulled the panel off again and the regulator looks okay. I can hear the motor attempt to push the window up when I hit the button, so I know the signal is getting there. Is this a symptom of the motor being bad now, or is it possible that there is something internal on this new regulator that's binding it up. It works fine for a day, and then gets stuck down for two or three days, etc....

Thanks!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
kernhills
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I used my key to roll up the windows, and it worked okay. Then I used the door switch four of five times, and on number five, it got stuck again... So, used the key and I can see the window start to go, but it stops again, just like using the switch. Tried the key again, and it went up just fine. This is driving me nuts!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
Stream
T667YM86
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 05'

I have the same problem on my E90 05'.
It was cold spring night 20 km away from city. My friends wanted to make photo of the bridge, so they opened rear left window and pressed on elbow on the door frame. After they made some blurry shots on iphone, they tried to close window, but you know what happened .

Then flashlight, screwdriver and 20 min on removing door card, pulling window up and installing card on it's place. After that accident, window going down and up without problems. IDK why
Appreciate 0