E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Helix Attaché 335i (Auto) VS PROcede 1.47 335i (6 spd) VIDEO

12-07-2007, 12:37 PM   #111
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric@helix View Post
Well that was four pages of little enlightenment. I've been around long enough to know that such a thread does nothing for the community or for the betterment of tuning.

For the record, Arthur filmed and posted that vid without my knowledge (BTW, I'm president of Helix), and whereas it's not my style to post such a vid, we have no agreements implied or expressed about what he can or should say about Helix products. He is a beta tester for our tuning product, meaning that he's working with us to develop the Attaché. He's a dyed-in-the-wool hot rodder and car guy who has owned and driven many very interesting vehicles. That's why we chose him to help us beta. That having been said the video clearly is not an apples-to-apples comparison: there'll be plenty of time for that when we have a product on the market. It's evident that the cars are in different gears, based upon the perfomance delta in the vid, versus the dyno information we have at this time.

So I think it's time to let this thread go dormant, at least from the Helix folks, and get back to making these cars go fast.
Its nice to see you guys are up front about your product and you aren't just jumping on the BS hype that the could have created for you, which i'm sure other tuners on here would have loved to embrace for their own product. Keep up the good work.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 12:40 PM   #112
revah2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
I want to apologize to everyone, my post came out all wrong. All I meant to say was that for the first video posted about the Attache, it should have been an equal comparison. I do look forward to reading more about it because I've learned a lot since I'm been here and with the new products that are continually released, we all learn more each day.

Revah as much as I would love to respond to you, I won't. Just as you're free to post your opinion, I'm free to ignore it since I could really care less what you think. Lets leave it at that mmkay?
Good man good man.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 02:20 PM   #113
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Just curious, but why hasn't the driver/owner of the Helix car stated what was in his car?

1. Did the Helix car have a passenger like the PROcede car?
2. What were the weights of the driver and passenger of each car?
3. Since the Helix was on the higher boost map, was he on 93 Octane or a higher octane race gas mix? If so, what was the approximate octane?
4. Was the PROcede car on just 93 Octane?
5. How much fuel was in each car?
6. Does the Helix car have aftermarket wheels? If so, which ones?
7. Does the PROcede car have aftermarket wheels? If so, which ones?

It's clear that pretty much every advantage of weight, gas octane, transmission, etc. etc favored the Helix car.
Again, I've raced Walked U in his PROcede v2.02 beta car with many other mods and on 96 Octane with my v1.47 only car on 93 Octane and I lost by less CL's than the PROcede car did in this video. And I dare say a Helix only tune car would not pull on a v2.02 PROcede car on 96 Octane, with FMIC, catback exhaust and high-flow cat DP's.

Again, clearly something was amiss in this Helix vs. PROcede race video.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 02:42 PM   #114
B'CahiLL-The Boss
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 with Kellener's - next. AW

That Helix killed the Procede! I want to see a Dinan ECU'd vs Helix I had a stage 4 Dinan on my 2005 E46 M3 and the hp gains were marginal but the throttle response and redline was
      12-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #115
Helix Wildebeest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 Mini TurboKompressor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Just curious, but why hasn't the driver/owner of the Helix car stated what was in his car?

3. Since the Helix was on the higher boost map, was he on 93 Octane or a higher octane race gas mix? If so, what was the approximate octane?

It's clear that pretty much every advantage of weight, gas octane, transmission, etc. etc favored the Helix car.
Again, I've raced Walked U in his PROcede v2.02 beta car with many other mods and on 96 Octane with my v1.47 only car on 93 Octane and I lost by less CL's than the PROcede car did in this video. And I dare say a Helix only tune car would not pull on a v2.02 PROcede car on 96 Octane, with FMIC, catback exhaust and high-flow cat DP's.

Again, clearly something was amiss in this Helix vs. PROcede race video.

Both cars were on 93 octane and Art's car (Helix) was stock other than the Attache. I would guess that Art weights 140lbs soak N wet
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #116
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaRTan8 View Post
I would guess that Art weights 140lbs soak N wet
Giving him way too much credit. He makes me look fat when I stand next to him.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #117
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaRTan8 View Post
Both cars were on 93 octane and Art's car (Helix) was stock other than the Attache. I would guess that Art weights 140lbs soak N wet
Thanks, that answers:

1/4 of question #2
All of question #3
All of question #6

If Art is 140 lbs dripping wet (at best and probably less according to HyperM3), I'm guessing the PROcede driver is heavier than that, plus had a passenger, and Art did not?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #118
HyperM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, that answers:

1/4 of question #2
All of question #3
All of question #6

If Art is 140 lbs dripping wet (at best and probably less according to HyperM3), I'm guessing the PROcede driver is heavier than that, plus had a passenger, and Art did not?
From what Art told me, he still had all his hockey equipment in his car. Thats gotta weigh a bit maybe? Art was running 93 octane. Art has factory rims also.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #119
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]

No my car had 1/2 Tank of gas
335i with procede, 140 driver, 120 passanger.
Both cars had lukoil 93 oct.
Yes
Half tank in the Helix car and 1/4 in the Procede Car.
The car is all stock except for the tune.
Stock wheels also, everything stock except for the procede.

Again, clearly something was amiss in this Helix vs. PROcede race video

The procede that is in his car I own. My V2 should be on its way shortly. So once its comes in ill put that into my friends car and run again.

I was in the Helix car and I weigh 122lbs. I had a full trunk of hockey gear, my girls school books, some trash, and some tools for work.

The 335i with procede had a few little things a book here an there a hockey stick.

If anyone is in the area (NJ, PA) w/e and you have a V2, i'll be more than happy to do some pulls.

As many of you know I am not biased towards any car. I also own a Z4M which happens to pull on a 1.47 335i. And having the 335i with the helix tune out today and the M. The out come was similar but not as many CL's.
      12-07-2007, 03:10 PM   #120
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz 330 View Post

No my car had 1/2 Tank of gas
335i with procede, 140 driver, 120 passanger.
Both cars had lukoil 93 oct.
Yes
Half tank in the Helix car and 1/4 in the Procede Car.
The car is all stock except for the tune.
Stock wheels also, everything stock except for the procede.

Again, clearly something was amiss in this Helix vs. PROcede race video

The procede that is in his car I own. My V2 should be on its way shortly. So once its comes in ill put that into my friends car and run again.

I was in the Helix car and I weigh 122lbs. I had a full trunk of hockey gear, my girls school books, some trash, and some tools for work.

The 335i with procede had a few little things a book here an there a hockey stick.

If anyone is in the area (NJ, PA) w/e and you have a V2, i'll be more than happy to do some pulls.

As many of you know I am not biased towards any car. I also own a Z4M which happens to pull on a 1.47 335i. And having the 335i with the helix tune out today and the M. The out come was similar but not as many CL's.

Thanks.

But wait a minute.
You have a stock Z4M coupe that pulls on a v1.47 PROcede car??
And it also pulled on the Helix car, but not quite as much?

That says alot right there.

That tells me your Z4M is a freak and unusually fast, AND that the v1.47 car you raced in this video was surely not up to par, as I could see the Helix with the higher boost tune pulling a BIT on a v1.47 car, but nothing NEAR what it did in that video if all was even. And to have a Z4M out run them both??

Again, something is hugely amiss with that v1.47 car you ran, and you must have a freak Z4M to outrun a v1.47 car, unless it's the same v1.47 car you ran, and that would explain it, as that guy needs to have his v1.47 car checked out, because it's unusually slow.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 03:13 PM   #121
HyperM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks.

But wait a minute.
You have a stock Z4M coupe that pulls on a v1.47 PROcede car??
And it also pulled on the Helix car, but not quite as much?

That says alot right there.

That tells me your Z4M is a freak and unusually fast, AND that the v1.47 car you raced in this video was surely not up to par, as I could see the Helix with the higher boost tune pulling a BIT on a v1.47 car, but nothing NEAR what it did in that video if all was even. And to have a Z4M out run them both??

Again, something is hugely amiss with that v1.47 car you ran, and you must have a freak Z4M to outrun a v1.47 car, unless it's the same v1.47 car you ran, and that would explain it, as that guy needs to have his v1.47 car checked out, because it's unusually slow.
I read it like that too at first. What I think he meant was that the outcome between the Helix tune and the z4 was that he beat the z4 but not by as many car lengths as the 1.47.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 04:28 PM   #122
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
I read it like that too at first. What I think he meant was that the outcome between the Helix tune and the z4 was that he beat the z4 but not by as many car lengths as the 1.47.
Thank you for the clarification. The Helix 335 pulled on the Z4M. The Z4M pulls on the 1.47 335 about 1-1/2 Cars.

No My M is not stock and it traps 113mph on a really good day.
      12-07-2007, 04:37 PM   #123
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

You weight 122lbs? dude you should be ideal for racing horses as a rider.. JK(just giving you hard time). On a serious note, that is a driver's advantage. Thanks for the info, great post.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 04:45 PM   #124
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
You weight 122lbs? dude you should be ideal for racing horses as a rider.. JK(just giving you hard time). On a serious note, that is a driver's advantage. Thanks for the info, great post.
haha and he plays hockey!!! bro i play hockey too, and if anyone weighed 122 on the ice, they would be crushed!, i weigh about 190, and i feel like a chump on the ice... ahhaha
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #125
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyruz Reaper View Post
haha and he plays hockey!!! bro i play hockey too, and if anyone weighed 122 on the ice, they would be crushed!, i weigh about 190, and i feel like a chump on the ice... ahhaha
I can hold my own. I also skate circles around all the 200+ Lbs guys. But when I get hit... LMAO well thats a different story, but I get right back up and finish the job.
      12-07-2007, 07:19 PM   #126
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the clarification. The Helix 335 pulled on the Z4M. The Z4M pulls on the 1.47 335 about 1-1/2 Cars.

Have you only raced that one v1.47 car (the same in this video)?
I have a feeling it's not running well.

If your Z4M traps at 113 and your Helix 335i pulls on it, then that Helix tune is comparable to a v2.02 PROcede, which by all accounts should trap in the 114-115 mph range.
I don't see how the Helix can do that with maximum boost of 14 psi?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #127
G37KILR
Private First Class
Armenia
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe AT

The only way to settle this is to put the JB2R vs Procede v2.0.2 vs Helix vs Procede v1.47 and race them from a dig and from rolls in 3rd and 4th gear. But they should all be either manual or all auto or they should all be either coupes or sedans plus all of them should be on the same grade fuel with maybe 1/4 tank or 1/2 tank of gas.. That way there is no chance well sctratch that...there is a slim chance of people calling the race BS. And none of the cars should have passangers maybe a follower car or someone standing at the finish line.
Now that i believe would be a fair evaluation.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #128
Vyruz Reaper
Reverse Homer
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37KILR View Post
The only way to settle this is to put the JB2R vs Procede v2.0.2 vs Helix vs Procede v1.47 and race them from a dig and from rolls in 3rd and 4th gear. But they should all be either manual or all auto or they should all be either coupes or sedans plus all of them should be on the same grade fuel with maybe 1/4 tank or 1/2 tank of gas.. That way there is no chance well sctratch that...there is a slim chance of people calling the race BS. And none of the cars should have passangers maybe a follower car or someone standing at the finish line.
Now that i believe would be a fair evaluation.
yeah, but noone on the west coast has a attache.... ill be down to test one out, even tho i got the TT in right now..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #129
HyperM3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G37KILR View Post
The only way to settle this is to...
Get the cars to the track when they reopen for the season.

Case closed.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 02:54 AM   #130
stillclaimndp
Dancing Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 ZSP

Quote:

This Helix may be more than we bargained for, this guy really isn't biased towards his Helix tune, or the 335i in general, I have seem many of his posts... Hopefully someone will get a Helix on a dynojet (i think i remember seeing they are using a mustang dyno) just for a more apples to apples comparison with the widely posted v2 dyno results. Thanks for the additional info Artz~
2007 e90 & 1981 Corvette Predecessors: 2007 BMW 335i E92, 2006 M5, 2008 Viper SRT10 Coupe, 2005 Viper Yellow, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2009 Challenger SRT8, 2006 S4, 2001.5 Nogaro Blue S4, 2006 GTI w/ DSG, 06 Evo IX, 04 S4, 04 911x51, 03 Evo VIII, 98 Eclipse GSX, 96 GST, 92 Galant Vr-4, '70 Grand Prix Model J, '70 Nova, '68 Firebird
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #131
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

OMG. What's this big heat all about? WTF is all this bashing, flaming, hating doing here?
First car - second car. First one pulled. So what? Interesting story, looks like fun, but I just dont understand all these questions like "how much gas?" "how much weight?" "how much did U (and the procede guy) eat b4 the run, eventually where and how much was it?" "how much pages in the books in the trunk?" "did the attache guy farted durring acceleration to pull harder?"...

Am I missing something? I'm not really sure, but was that meant to be an official comparison between the 2 pigs? I guess it wasnt. But it hurted someones ass somehow. That someone(s) should get some life, or at least some and/or (not to mention girlz).

To OP: glad U had fun. Next time let your hockey suit on U to make these "math freak scientist" guys here satisfied with your weight. Also dont forget to carry a weighing-machine in the trunk to be able to take correct measurement B4 every run.
To the raced guy: Pull the bypass plugs out of your procede, LOL. (kidding)

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 08:04 AM   #132
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management
Major
TurboBullett@Ambient Thermal Management's Avatar
Rep
Drives: 2012 Abarth 500

Quote:
Have you only raced that one v1.47 car (the same in this video)?
I have a feeling it's not running well.

If your Z4M traps at 113 and your Helix 335i pulls on it, then that Helix tune is comparable to a v2.02 PROcede, which by all accounts should trap in the 114-115 mph range.
I don't see how the Helix can do that with maximum boost of 14 psi?
The 14.5psi map has trapped 113.2mph at the track, thats with a 12.8 run on street tires a tire spinning 13+ second pass would definitely net a higher trap speed. Its kinda hard to compare the Attache to the exede/procede cars in regards to hardware,softwarer and tuning as its an entirely different operating system and we wire and possibly control things differently than those other units. I have never personally seen any other 335i tuning device so I can't really make an informed comment in that regard.
Appreciate 0