E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Just ordered

05-10-2013, 09:17 AM   #1
redfox
INSTAGRAM: @yaasplease
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB M4

Just ordered

Just ordered! Dinan Stage 3 Suspension. Got it for a wicked price. Will provide feedback once all is said and done at the end of the month.

And that gives me more than enough points for the Dinan3 badge. Debating putting it on though. I prefer the sleeper look. Thoughts?

Also just ordered the new Lux Angels with multiple color settings. Has anyone gotten it yet?

Last edited by redfox; 05-10-2013 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: additions
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
domrep
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E93 335i

"dinan" and "dinan stage 3 badge" are funny words to me. seems like you love burning your money lol, in which case just get all the colors of the Lux 3 range and see which one you like.

...just kidding, sorta . The multiple color setting Lux is pretty cool, but if you want to keep it sleeper why not just use standard white?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
redfox
Canada
Rep

LOL! Not surprising response. It's not "dinan stage 3" badge. It's just a Dinan3 badge. I like my warranty since I beat the car pretty hard on tracking days. You are right, it's pretty pricy. But if I can burn my $$, then why not? I'll probably lose more investing in the stock market. I figured I am paying 20% more if I were to piece the kit together using similar parts. That said, I am also paying for the R&D time of the setup. You could say the same thing abut Alpina, Stasis, etc.. But they all exist and are profitable because people respect the products.

WRT LEDs, I have shitty Bimmian ones right now. One time, a cop stopped me for not having DRL. That's how dim they are. Hence the upgrade. It's Lux V4 btw. http://luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-v4 in case you didn't know. I am just getting the latest version which happen to have different color settings. I am more interested in the brightness. I don't think I will be able to stand any other color but white for normal use. That said, being able to go blue could be cool for fun every now and then.

Last edited by redfox; 05-10-2013 at 11:13 AM.. Reason: additions
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Wolf 335
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

how much did you save on the dinan suspension with your price?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
domrep
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
LOL! Not surprising response. It's not "dinan stage 3" badge. It's just a Dinan3 badge. I like my warranty since I beat the car pretty hard on tracking days. You are right, it's pretty pricy. But if I can burn my $$, then why not? I'll probably lose more investing in the stock market. I figured I am paying 20% more if I were to piece the kit together using similar parts. That said, I am also paying for the R&D time of the setup. You could say the same thing abut Alpina, Stasis, etc.. But they all exist and are profitable because people respect the products.

WRT LEDs, I have shitty Bimmian ones right now. One time, a cop stopped me for not having DRL. That's how dim they are. Hence the upgrade. It's Lux V4 btw. http://luxangeleyes.com/products/lux-h8-v4 in case you didn't know. I am just getting the latest version which happen to have different color settings. I am more interested in the brightness. I don't think I will be able to stand any other color but white for normal use. That said, being able to go blue could be cool for fun every now and then.
haha fair enough.

I think my lux 3's are super bright and dont regret purchasing them at all, even though they're kind of pricey for lights. I can imagine the V4's to be that much better, so I would say go for it . Oh and my buddy has the bimmian ones too, they're shit.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf 335 View Post
how much did you save on the dinan suspension with your price?
20% all in.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 04:14 PM   #7
d-burn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive M-Sport

I've been looking at the stage 1 and stage 2 dinan suspension systems for '11 e92 XI (don't think there is a stage 3 for xi), but they both employ stock front struts. Wouldn't this cause the struts to wear much faster due to the performance spring/stock strut combo? Or did they dinan design the springs for xi in such a way that it will work well with stock strut and not negatively effect the wear rate on the stock strut?

Any insights, or personal experience?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i

Why not get Kw. They have special damper that is for lowering and better then put lower spring on original shock..

LOL @ Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 01:22 AM   #9
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-burn View Post
I've been looking at the stage 1 and stage 2 dinan suspension systems for '11 e92 XI (don't think there is a stage 3 for xi), but they both employ stock front struts. Wouldn't this cause the struts to wear much faster due to the performance spring/stock strut combo? Or did they dinan design the springs for xi in such a way that it will work well with stock strut and not negatively effect the wear rate on the stock strut?

Any insights, or personal experience?
Strut wear and tear is more related to spring rates. I imagine the reason why Dinan is using the factory structs up front is because they are already robust enough for the new springs. Dinan is very careful like that, especially since they are providing up to 4 years of warranty. I would not worry. They do a lot of R&D to ensure safety.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 01:26 AM   #10
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by n52330i View Post
Why not get Kw. They have special damper that is for lowering and better then put lower spring on original shock..

LOL @ Dinan.
Dinan is not providing lowering springs. That's not the purpose of the kit. KW provides dampers to match the spring rates of the new springs. Dinan's kit is supposed to retain factory suspension travel while improving suspension performance and retaining as much of the factory ride quality as possible. KW kits cannot come close to claiming that.

Different mods for different folks. I am not looking to build a car for looks or for track only. I am looking to build a car that I can drive to get groceries and beat the crap out of on lapping days while still retaining warranty. Few companies provide products they will back up for 4 years. So LOL @ KW.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
d-burn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 335i xDrive M-Sport

Redfox - Who are you dealing with to get deals on Dinan products? Who are you going to have install?

PM if you like.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 06:07 AM   #12
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Have you ever been in a car with kw?
You can use for getting grocery's, track, driving kid to school.
The KW ride better then oem sport suspension.
Kw also has LIFE TIME warranty, so that is longer then 4 years.

Have you done any research on suspension before you make comments?

How are you suppose to beat the crap out of your car with spring that retain oem spring rate that your oem damper was designed for? I confused, Dinan reaseach what spring goes with your oem damper? If so your car came with the right spring already, BMW install it at the factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
BMWWW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

For the record, your car's back-end rivals the looks I give towards secret of Victoria's models.

I'd suggest mounting the badge inside the car vs outside (normally), but your car isn't really stealthy in the first place, so it's more of a matter of preference at this point. Just like shirts, some prefer tucked in, some out. I'd probably prefer inside since I dislike providing a shopping list to would-be thieves.

When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet than to open mouth and remove all doubt.
Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
--Confucius

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #14
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Have you ever been in a car with kw?
You can use for getting grocery's, track, driving kid to school.
The KW ride better then oem sport suspension.
Kw also has LIFE TIME warranty, so that is longer then 4 years.

Have you done any research on suspension before you make comments?

How are you suppose to beat the crap out of your car with spring that retain oem spring rate that your oem damper was designed for? I confused, Dinan reaseach what spring goes with your oem damper? If so your car came with the right spring already, BMW install it at the factory.
LOL! This is not a pissing contest. I am merely answering questions people had. I have done my research actually. KW warranty is for the suspension components they sell and is non-transferable. If something on my car that is "related" to the KW components fails, then my BMW warranty is void in this case. Dinan covers that and that's what I mean. No other manufacturer provides that.

So for everyone's benefit, KW V1 is probably the closest comp given the level of customization available (tuning aside). However, don't forget the anti roll bar and camber plates. Dinan kit is $2,100. KW V1 is $1,650. So the implied value for the anti roll bar and camber plates is $450. Pretty good deal if you ask me. One added bonus? Dinan kit is already tuned for the inclusion of anti roll bar.

Also, for the 335i, all dampers and springs are replaced. If you read the thread carefully, that discussion was specifically for the 335xi. In that case, I merely stated a potential explanation. I do not have a degree in mechanical engineering. Nor am I a physicist. I do not claim to know why Dinan chose to retain stock front damers for the 335xi. I would imagine its to their benefit to replace them from a business perspective, since they would be making more money.

So before you get all in my face about my thoughts, remember, they are just my thoughts. You don't have to agree with them. Its the path I decided to go after doing a few weeks of research.

Last edited by redfox; 05-21-2013 at 11:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #15
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWWW View Post
For the record, your car's back-end rivals the looks I give towards secret of Victoria's models.

I'd suggest mounting the badge inside the car vs outside (normally), but your car isn't really stealthy in the first place, so it's more of a matter of preference at this point. Just like shirts, some prefer tucked in, some out. I'd probably prefer inside since I dislike providing a shopping list to would-be thieves.
Thanks! And that's the look I was going for! I love a beautiful a$$.

You make a very good point regarding shopping list... Food for thought. Never considered inside to be an option.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #16
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-burn View Post
Redfox - Who are you dealing with to get deals on Dinan products? Who are you going to have install?

PM if you like.
PMed.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #17
doogee
Major
Rep
Drives: '08 M3, '09 328xi Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
Pretty good deal if you ask me. One added bonus? Dinan kit is already tuned for the inclusion of anti roll bar.
I'm sorry to tell you, that you've had too much of the Dinan Koolaid. Your suspension is not "tuned" for anything. It's a bunch of marked up parts thrown together into a "kit" to fool people.

Remember, this is the same company who spray painted OEM shifters black and sold them as a "short shift kit".

But if you're happy with what you spent and the product you received, then there ya go!

You can't compare a shock kit to the KW V1 though. They're in completely different ballparks.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 07:02 AM   #18
n52330i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
I'm sorry to tell you, that you've had too much of the Dinan Koolaid. Your suspension is not "tuned" for anything. It's a bunch of marked up parts thrown together into a "kit" to fool people.

Remember, this is the same company who spray painted OEM shifters black and sold them as a "short shift kit".

But if you're happy with what you spent and the product you received, then there ya go!

You can't compare a shock kit to the KW V1 though. They're in completely different ballparks.

THANK YOU!

Also sold early 5 series V8 intake as DINAN intake for the newer v8 cars.

I bet they just sell eibach spring and call it Dinan.

But Dinan is a business and good for them they sell product
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #19
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Congrats bro on the mods.

Going to be a nice addition to the car. Enjoy and be sure to post pictures (if you, installation pictures as well) :-)
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #20
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post

You know. You could be right. It could also be true that NASA never made it to the moon. All the facts I have are what Dinan has publically disclosed and what various review sources have said about the product. Here is one after a quick search of Dinan3 vs M3.

Anyway, would love to see some facts backing your statements. So that I will personally call Dinan up and give them a piece of my mind and ask for a refund.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #21
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
THANK YOU!

Also sold early 5 series V8 intake as DINAN intake for the newer v8 cars.

I bet they just sell eibach spring and call it Dinan.

But Dinan is a business and good for them they sell product
Maybe. What's wrong with that? Did you know that there are only three manufacturers of LCDs and LEDs globally? Doesn't matter what brand of TV you buy, the screen itself comes from one of the three. Would you make such claims to Toshiba TVs? How about those expensive "made in Italy" shoes you own? Doesn't matter what brand you buy, it comes from the same handful of shoemakers. That's not much of a statement there.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #22
redfox
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Congrats bro on the mods.

Going to be a nice addition to the car. Enjoy and be sure to post pictures (if you, installation pictures as well) :-)
Thanks! Budds is doing it. I don't have the time nor the tools. I'll ask them to take pics as they go.
Appreciate 0