E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Poll - 135i Vs Cts-v



View Poll Results: If you could have one of these in your garage, what would you pick?
2009 Cts-v 93 72.09%
2009 135 i 36 27.91%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2009, 05:58 PM   #67
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
 
e82mon's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.I. New York

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

23 people voted for the 1er BABY!!!!!!! glad to see you guys from 1 addicts got my back!!!!

hell yea son
e82mon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #68
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82mon View Post
23 people voted for the 1er BABY!!!!!!! glad to see you guys from 1 addicts got my back!!!!

hell yea son
Yeah, but that is because A) they are not into big cars like the CTS-V or B) Are image snobs like you who see Cadillac's as old people cars and are not true car enthusiasts.
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 06:16 PM   #69
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
 
e82mon's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.I. New York

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Yeah, but that is because A) they are not into big cars like the CTS-V or B) Are image snobs like you who see Cadillac's as old people cars and are not true car enthusiasts.
QQ more bro, you have no right to dictate who and who arent car enthusiasts
e82mon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #70
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82mon View Post
QQ more bro, you have no right to dictate who and who arent car enthusiasts
I will reword it. They are car enthusiasts for BMW.

A car enthusiast is a person who can appreciate any car no matter the make. You may prefer the 135i over the CTS-V. That is your right. But, by saying that Cadillac's are for old people, you degrade the CTS-V due to the image of Cadillac. I prefer a Z06/ZR1 over the GT-R, but I still respect the GT-R for what it is.
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #71
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
 
e82mon's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.I. New York

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
I will reword it. They are car enthusiasts for BMW.

A car enthusiast is a person who can appreciate any car no matter the make. You may prefer the 135i over the CTS-V. That is your right. But, by saying that Cadillac's are for old people, you degrade the CTS-V due to the image of Cadillac. I prefer a Z06/ZR1 over the GT-R, but I still respect the GT-R for what it is.
lol bro i think u mis understood me im not saying the CTS is for old people or a bad car, i respect it, im just sayin in general (at least where i live) "cadillac" is notorious for having "older" drivers, thats all im saying, not saying its a fact, or not even saying its a bad thing.... its just an observation- i have nothing against it.
e82mon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #72
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,288
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e82mon View Post
nick, i told u that was the wrong spelling, get owned...

and yea bimmerloyalist i agree they are just opinions, i mean, nothing harsh, itsall good really... and i know more than the non enthusiasts but im just saying in general- the public eyes view... all good though, the cts is nice, so is the 135

w/e
s'all good s*****
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #73
DakarE36
Private First Class
 
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 163
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
The correct spelling is vehemently. Just figured I'd point it out.
-----



We can label these two votes as opinion. I think the CTS is very modern looking, unlike its predecessor. And I find it (arguably) significantly better looking than the 135i, with beefy proportions and an aggressively sculpted face. Also, Caddies, Benzes and Lexuses (Lexii...?) might be for old men, but that doesn't stop the C63, ISF or CTS-V from being godless road killing machines. Learn to avoid stereotypical generalizations.
-----



I would like to point to the last part of my previous statement. If you don't shake this notion then it will always stick with the brand. Being an enthusiast, you should know better than "90 percent of the people" who you would ask.
-----

It's a direct competitor with the M5, priced in line with the M3/C63/ISF.

Vinny (since your bringing up our first names into these posts) let me just say that your best point thus far in this debate has been my mispelling of a word.

You can say the Cts-V is ugly (and this is your oppinion and right) but there are two things you cant deny, that

A) The CTS-V would kick the shit out of your little 135i
and
B)That your generilization of the Cts-V is nothing but a stereotype, that in my oppinion is no longer well founded with cadillacs new body style ( and since when did the 135i win beauty contests?)
Anyway man, you can point out i mispelled a word, but half the words you use in your posts arent even in the english dictionary.

This guy has valid points.
DakarE36 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #74
ptack
Brigadier General
 
ptack's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

Posts: 4,243
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.00]
What kind of bird-brain comparison is this? A $60k sedan against a $35k coupe? Why not compare apples to apples and put the Cadi against an M3 sedan? That's a more interesting comparison.
I'd go with the M based on resale alone.
__________________
135i, SGM, Coral, Sport Package, Auto, Premium Hifi, USB/ipod, Apex EC-7s, PPK Stage II
ptack is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2009, 08:49 PM   #75
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
What kind of bird-brain comparison is this? A $60k sedan against a $35k coupe? Why not compare apples to apples and put the Cadi against an M3 sedan? That's a more interesting comparison.
I'd go with the M based on resale alone.
That's still not fair. Compare the CTS-V to its closest competitor in size which is the M5......
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2009, 09:48 PM   #76
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
 
e82mon's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.I. New York

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakarE36 View Post
Vinny (since your bringing up our first names into these posts) let me just say that your best point thus far in this debate has been my mispelling of a word.

You can say the Cts-V is ugly (and this is your oppinion and right) but there are two things you cant deny, that

A) The CTS-V would kick the shit out of your little 135i
and
B)That your generilization of the Cts-V is nothing but a stereotype, that in my oppinion is no longer well founded with cadillacs new body style ( and since when did the 135i win beauty contests?)
Anyway man, you can point out i mispelled a word, but half the words you use in your posts arent even in the english dictionary.

This guy has valid points.

QQ more dude
e82mon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #77
Yoot1
Private First Class
 
Yoot1's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Washington

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
Yeah, but that is because A) they are not into big cars like the CTS-V or B) Are image snobs like you who see Cadillac's as old people cars and are not true car enthusiasts.
This is rich, a guy who drives a 335xi who thinks he is more of car enthusiast than a 135i driver. That is just plain funny. I'm still laughing.

And go the CTS-V, it's awesome.
__________________
I want 1
Yoot1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #78
e82mon
The Ice Cream Man
 
e82mon's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: L.I. New York

Posts: 265
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoot1 View Post
This is rich, a guy who drives a 335xi who thinks he is more of car enthusiast than a 135i driver. That is just plain funny. I'm still laughing.

And go the CTS-V, it's awesome.
no its not, you have a 135, go 135, plain and simple
e82mon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #79
quagmire
I am Gundam
 
quagmire's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Cadillac ATS 3.6 AWD
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 1,158
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoot1 View Post
This is rich, a guy who drives a 335xi who thinks he is more of car enthusiast than a 135i driver. That is just plain funny. I'm still laughing.

And go the CTS-V, it's awesome.
So we're going into a inter-BMW civil war now are we?

All I was saying is that anyone that discredits the CTS-V because it is a Cadillac is not a true car enthusiast.

PS: The 335xi is my dads. I am lucky enough to get the privilege to drive it occasionally. I have the Aura.

Last edited by quagmire; 02-15-2009 at 12:08 AM.
quagmire is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #80
Burt Reynolds
Captain
 
Burt Reynolds's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 M Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Windy City

Posts: 689
iTrader: (0)

Dude- the way you are campaigning comes across as desparate. Just go buy the CTS-V and make yourself feel better...then you won't need other people to make you feel better about your car. Seriously. CTS-V FTW.
__________________
2007 M Coupe w/NAV/Premium/Extended Leather, Clearbra, DICE, 4.10 BMW Motorsport Polished LSD, Active Autowerke Gen IV Headers, Supersprint Race Exhaust and X-Pipe, ESS Tuned DME, KWV3 Coilovers, Volk RE30, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Short Antenna, JL AMP, JL 10W7, Valentine V1.
Burt Reynolds is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 02:10 AM   #81
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

I would rather be kicked in the nuts than take a 135i over a CTS-V.
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 02:06 PM   #82
shodanusmc
Captain
 
Drives: 09 135 Vert
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chicago burb

Posts: 736
iTrader: (0)

We ordered a 135 Vert for my wife. We also have a E55 211 which I would consider replacing with the CTS-V if I was to go buy one now. The new V is a great car, and has one hell of an engine. Everything about it is just right. Wheel hop is gome, great interior, rides great, and is quicker than a E63 and the M5.

But, I am also old, and I agree, you see a lof of "older" people in the Caddy, but most of them are in the DeVille's, and not the CTS and CTS-V. For 65,000, you can get a fnicely equiped V model.

We are looking forward to the 135, and my wife picked it out, and yes, I did suggest how would she like a CTS-V and she said nope! End of discussion.

Power wise, the V wins. But as some has pointed out, this is the 1addicts......
shodanusmc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #83
Rawhide
Lieutenant
 
Rawhide's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM 2010 135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: KC

Posts: 528
iTrader: (0)

I'm a fan of the 1er, but this isn't even close. I mean, come'on...

Of course, the CTS-V also costs around 30k more, but who's counting?
Rawhide is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #84
Heinzftw
Major
 
Heinzftw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Civic+2008 Accord
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose, Cali

Posts: 1,202
iTrader: (0)

As I stated before. Even though were comparing apples to oranges. The V is superior for the price. Although the 135i is AMAZING for the price, if I could afford the V I would take that over the 1'r any day.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
saw you comment and i'd lay on my bed and cry, then i put some Yulio Iglesias music, no more problem.


-█--------█-
Heinzftw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #85
Yoot1
Private First Class
 
Yoot1's Avatar
 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Washington

Posts: 118
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
So we're going into a inter-BMW civil war now are we?

All I was saying is that anyone that discredits the CTS-V because it is a Cadillac is not a true car enthusiast.

PS: The 335xi is my dads. I am lucky enough to get the privilege to drive it occasionally. I have the Aura.
Sorry, I misunderstood. I agree with you.
__________________
I want 1
Yoot1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-16-2009, 08:55 PM   #86
DakarE36
Private First Class
 
Drives: Dakar yellow '95 e36 m3
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 163
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I would rather be kicked in the nuts than take a 135i over a CTS-V.
+ 1

QQ More dude.
DakarE36 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #87
NYBMW335i
Private First Class
 
NYBMW335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hoboken, NJ

Posts: 197
iTrader: (0)

i cannot believe i am wasting my time reading this thread....it personally blows my mind to think one would pick a 135 over a CTS V ...this should be a no brainer buuuuuut then again everyone has thier own opinion

CTS V all the way
NYBMW335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:31 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST