E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > E90 member buying protection

02-21-2008, 11:06 PM   #1
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
E90 member buying protection

I am not trying to flame on any vendors here, just want to share some of my buying experience. I have bought few items from vendors in this E90 post community. Items that they guarantee it work or saying 100% replica off OEM parts. I have to pay for all the shipping cost to get products that I want send to me which I think is totally fair. Then when I received the items, they didn't work or its totally way off as OEM parts, therefore I request a refund. The things that upset me is all vendor request ship the goods back at our cost for a full refund or they will deduct the shipping cost and just refund the different. Comes to think about it, paying the shipping cost, brokers fee, and shipping back cost, it could cost me $50-$100 or even more. At the end you got nothing but paid all the fees. Vendor got their products back and try to re-sell it again to others. And I even notice some member don't even bother send back the item becasue it doesn't worth to pay the shipping cost back when you item value not so high. So my question here is, what kind of protection do we have buying these unsatisfied products from these vendors?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

Soni, I totally agree with you. That's why I hate those "guarantee to work/OEM fit/error-free plug n' play or your money back" guarantees. Yeah, BS. Because you are still paying for shipping to and from the vendor when they don't fit/work. It's really unfair.

It's once bitten, twice shy for me. No more replicas, only OEM from now on. Yeah, it costs more upfront, but I don't have to worry about any fitment issues.

Unfortunately, there's really not much protection for us. One method I think you can try is to keep the private message or the advertisement from the vendor that states "guarantee to work or your money back". And if it doesn't work, do a chargeback on your credit card. And ask the vendor to pay you for return shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni View Post
I am not trying to flame on any vendors here, just want to share some of my buying experience. I have bought few items from vendors in this E90 post community. Items that they guarantee it work or saying 100% replica off OEM parts. I have to pay for all the shipping cost to get products that I want send to me which I think is totally fair. Then when I received the items, they didn't work or its totally way off as OEM parts, therefore I request a refund. The things that upset me is all vendor request ship the goods back at our cost for a full refund or they will deduct the shipping cost and just refund the different. Comes to think about it, paying the shipping cost, brokers fee, and shipping back cost, it could cost me $50-$100 or even more. At the end you got nothing but paid all the fees. Vendor got their products back and try to re-sell it again to others. And I even notice some member don't even bother send back the item becasue it doesn't worth to pay the shipping cost back when you item value not so high. So my question here is, what kind of protection do we have buying these unsatisfied products from these vendors?
      02-22-2008, 08:30 AM   #3
Daveop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 BMWs

You get what you pay for! This isn't a honda you are driving, so i'm confused why everyone wants to buy a replica of everything, and when the replica comes out with crappy quality they are actually surprised. "What something being copied in some cheap ass facility for 1/2 the price isn't as good as the original!??!?!!?" Are we going to see BMWs driving around with unpainted bumpers in the future too? Give me a break!

I'm happy people are starting to open their eyes to the problems with replica items made in unknown places and sold by unknown vendors.

Support OEMs because not only will you get quality parts, with accountability so you can return the parts if you aren't happy. You also get the peace of mind that comes with that. As a side benefit you are also investing into a company that will likely expand and bring you even higher quality items in the future. Buying replica stuff benefits noone except the middleman.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #4
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
OEM.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #5
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
OEM.
+1. lol @ protection... just get oem.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
my biggest issue is HID foglight kit. I have already tried 3 different kit and all 3 kits threw error when vendors guarantee it will work or full money back...but who refund me the shipping cost

Last edited by Soni; 02-22-2008 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #7
E90330iS
Major General
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
my biggest issue is HID foglight kit. I have already tried 3 different kit and all 3 kits threw error when vendors guarantee it will work or full money back...but who refund me the shipping cost
The best way is to discuss with the vendors before you pay for the products. Keep the PMs and they will be accountable for it.
      02-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #8
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:

i dont think anyone would figure it out. my HID kit throw error too but for only a few seconds at start up. it goes away. occasionally it comes back on a cold nights. i got my kit from a local distrubutor.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 11:27 PM   #9
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran View Post
i dont think anyone would figure it out. my HID kit throw error too but for only a few seconds at start up. it goes away. occasionally it comes back on a cold nights. i got my kit from a local distrubutor.
I don't mind throw error for few second and it go away and the HID stays on. But my didn't throw error when start up....it will throw error after about 30 second when the fog light shut off but itself. All three kits are the same. Some members with 06 and earlier 07 production has the same issue as me!! Do you mind tell us what brand did you get and how much? I don't would like to give it a try since I already tried 3 kits already.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2008, 11:31 PM   #10
NaTuReB0Y