E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches > Impulse bought a new piece: Nomos Ahoi

07-14-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Impulse bought a new piece: Nomos Ahoi

I've been oggling the Nomos families for a while now, and after checking their website last week I noticed that there was a retailer (2 actually) within a few blocks of where I was going to be staying on my business trip to Singapore.

I've been in love with the original Ahoi in particular, as I find it to be a beautiful mix of dress and play.

They actually only had the Ahoi Atlantik (Dark Blue) and not the original in the store, and that was also the Datum version. . . It is a beautiful watch, but I wanted the original silver/white and I mentioned that to the clerk. He pulled out his catalog and started banging out numbers on a calculator.

I had no intention of buying the watch at this particular point in time, and they didn't even have it in stock anyway so I wasn't quite sure what he was up to. . . Anyway, without even meaning to, I managed to accidentally haggle down to to about a grand below MSRP after the tax rebate just by saying I wasn't THAT interested, and I wanted the watch but not necessarily immediately. Now I was intrigued.

I asked if he thought he could get one, and he said his sister store had one on order that was supposed to be spoken for. He could check into it and potentially have it in store 2 days later if it wasn't actually going to be purchased. This was also my last day in town, and no deposit was required. I said okay but I definitely wanted to "try before buy." I left the store smiling and excited.

I get back to my hotel, and close a the biggest deal of my professional career within 2 hours, completely paying for the watch and then some

Fast forward to today: I end up with another 100 SGD off, pick up the watch, and fall in love.

It was a fate driven experience, and I couldn't be happier. This is my first dressy watch.

I apologize for the crappy phone pics ~ I actually dropped my phone by the pool the first day I got in and destroyed the mechanical focus on my s6 . Looks like a new phone is in my future too because I can't live with this thing in its crippled state, I need my pictures!
Attached Images

m340ix Mineral Grey/Tacora Red
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2016, 06:52 AM   #2
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
I've been oggling the Nomos families for a while now, and after checking their website last week I noticed that there was a retailer (2 actually) within a few blocks of where I was going to be staying on my business trip to Singapore.

I've been in love with the original Ahoi in particular, as I find it to be a beautiful mix of dress and play.

They actually only had the Ahoi Atlantik (Dark Blue) and not the original in the store, and that was also the Datum version. . . It is a beautiful watch, but I wanted the original silver/white and I mentioned that to the clerk. He pulled out his catalog and started banging out numbers on a calculator.

I had no intention of buying the watch at this particular point in time, and they didn't even have it in stock anyway so I wasn't quite sure what he was up to. . . Anyway, without even meaning to, I managed to accidentally haggle down to to about a grand below MSRP after the tax rebate just by saying I wasn't THAT interested, and I wanted the watch but not necessarily immediately. Now I was intrigued.

I asked if he thought he could get one, and he said his sister store had one on order that was supposed to be spoken for. He could check into it and potentially have it in store 2 days later if it wasn't actually going to be purchased. This was also my last day in town, and no deposit was required. I said okay but I definitely wanted to "try before buy." I left the store smiling and excited.

I get back to my hotel, and close a the biggest deal of my professional career within 2 hours, completely paying for the watch and then some

Fast forward to today: I end up with another 100 SGD off, pick up the watch, and fall in love.

It was a fate driven experience, and I couldn't be happier. This is my first dressy watch.

I apologize for the crappy phone pics ~ I actually dropped my phone by the pool the first day I got in and destroyed the mechanical focus on my s6 . Looks like a new phone is in my future too because I can't live with this thing in its crippled state, I need my pictures!
Love the Bauhaus aesthetic of Nomos. Is the movement visible from the back? Would love to see.
      07-14-2016, 07:07 AM   #3
brianeck
Part Time Firetruck Crash Barrier
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix Mineral Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Love the Bauhaus aesthetic of Nomos. Is the movement visible from the back? Would love to see.
Yeah its a sapphire case back so its all open. The movement is Purty! I'll post some better pics this weekend when I get home and have a functional camera, and I'll be sure to show the back.

I'm amazed at how thin it feels for an automatic 200m water resistant watch.
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2016, 08:19 AM   #4
Nivarox
Quadrex
Rep
Drives: W212 Mercedes=Benz E Class

Congrats, I like their styling too. It's a well built, solid, durable watch. Rectangular model is what I like the most in their model line up
Appreciate 0