E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > What has BMW done for you?

02-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #23
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335d

Ok...

Since no one is able to disclose their specific compensation, does anyone have any suggestions for me and my situation?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 05:05 PM   #24
BMW1983
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc630 View Post
The problem is not the dealer. BMW does nothing for the carbon build up and have absolutely no solution for correct the trouble. They have told to my technical advisor that the trouble will arrive again in +- 50,000 miles...
innaceptable for me. Next time the warranty will not cover the repair and the cost of it will worth more than the car at this time.
It may cost more than the value of the car, but will the repair cost more than the cost to replace the car now or in the future --- especially compared to the money you have already put into the car you may not recoup when you try to sell it now….another way to thing about it. I believe BMW will find a way to address this issue without loosing to many customers. Their fleet economy MPG depends on diesel success.
2016 328i
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2014, 07:01 PM   #25
hrc630
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW1983 View Post
It may cost more than the value of the car, but will the repair cost more than the cost to replace the car now or in the future --- especially compared to the money you have already put into the car you may not recoup when you try to sell it now….another way to thing about it. I believe BMW will find a way to address this issue without loosing to many customers. Their fleet economy MPG depends on diesel success.
I have receive my car yesturday after 90+ day and one new scratch on one door at the dealership and after less than 60 miles... 3 ses lights related to injector # 2 and for air fuel trouble.) They dont have changed any injectors even after i have explain to check injector because i dont want to go to the dealer each week. Its just not acceptable.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #26
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrc630 View Post
I have receive my car yesturday after 90+ day and one new scratch on one door at the dealership and after less than 60 miles... 3 ses lights related to injector # 2 and for air fuel trouble.) They dont have changed any injectors even after i have explain to check injector because i dont want to go to the dealer each week. Its just not acceptable.
This is what I don't want to deal with. Free extended warranty, but the car is in the shop more than it should be.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #27
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

lemon lawyers don't require upfront money usually...you should definitely lemon the car...they should buy your car back from you and return the payments you have made on car so far also.

get a different car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #28
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
lemon lawyers don't require upfront money usually...you should definitely lemon the car...they should buy your car back from you and return the payments you have made on car so far also.

get a different car.
This was my goal, but apparently it's extremely hard to get a car declared lemon in Texas. Maybe I'll have to look into it further.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 08:15 PM   #29
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxgod View Post
This was my goal, but apparently it's extremely hard to get a car declared lemon in Texas. Maybe I'll have to look into it further.
In CA, once lawyer files complaint, BMW would have 30 days to give back response...BMW could try to fight it but once lawyer gets involved, they are a lot more responsive to you.

Lawyer could tell you if you have a good case or not...sounds like you do though.

personally I would get the lawyer either way because think of all the time you have wasted on this problem...your time is money too.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 09:23 PM   #30
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
In CA, once lawyer files complaint, BMW would have 30 days to give back response...BMW could try to fight it but once lawyer gets involved, they are a lot more responsive to you.

Lawyer could tell you if you have a good case or not...sounds like you do though.

personally I would get the lawyer either way because think of all the time you have wasted on this problem...your time is money too.
I just sent off for a couple consultations. Guess we will see soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #31
grzes
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 335d LCI

Quote:
This is what I don't want to deal with. Free extended warranty, but the car is in the shop more than it should be.
ha ha, I owned my car for 3 hours and made number of calls to the dealer due to power loss, they went as far as telling me that the buttery needs to re charge just so I keep the car but when I told them I have to drive 750 km back to my place they got scared and picked up the car, haven't seen it back yet since dec 24 lol. Only now I learned about this forum and realized that I might have made a mistake purchasing BMW
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:35 PM   #32
Deezulbeem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F15 35d

Quote:
can't declare it lemon after 12 months or 12k miles. Don't know what dealer you're taking your car to, but if its Moritz, they suck. Dallas BMW also sucks.

take it to classic where most actually give a crap about their customers. you will have a bad time if you get a lawyer over a 3 year old car.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2014, 05:07 AM   #33
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Amigos I suggest you become a member of the BMW CCA and then proceed from there, I will be in Dallas on the weekend of the March 14-16 for the BMW CCA Convention, I will as a new member bring these issue about our 335d's since I beleive the X5d does not have our issues. I will keep everyone posted ok
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #34
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AricsE90 View Post
can't declare it lemon after 12 months or 12k miles. Don't know what dealer you're taking your car to, but if its Moritz, they suck. Dallas BMW also sucks.

take it to classic where most actually give a crap about their customers. you will have a bad time if you get a lawyer over a 3 year old car.
I'm not sure how much you read, but the car has been at Classic (and this is the first time I have said what dealership it was at) and they are the ones that damaged it and are trying to cover it up. I understand the lemon law in Texas is stupid, but you would think a premium car company would handle things a little better. This car obviously has issues and offering to replace the engine you destroyed and then give me an extended warranty is crappy compensation. I don't see any redesigned parts and my drive hasn't changed so how is the car fixed? What am I supposed to do with it now...keep it in the garage and not drive it until I can afford to sell it and get something else? This whole situation is annoying.

Oh, and I bought the car in Feb 2012. It was manufactured in Aug 2011 as a 2011. But as of last week, I hadn't even had it for 2 years.

Last edited by xboxgod; 02-17-2014 at 03:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #35
Deezulbeem
Private
Rep

I understand you're annoyed, but a new engine and an extended warranty is a pretty good compensation for your troubles. You're not going to get a new car out of BMW NA or classic or anyone, so I would be glad you're getting the treatment you're getting considering your car is out of warranty anyway. Most dealers would tell you to f off after the warranty and send you the bill.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #36
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I understand you're annoyed, but a new engine and an extended warranty is a pretty good compensation for your troubles. You're not going to get a new car out of BMW NA or classic or anyone, so I would be glad you're getting the treatment you're getting considering your car is out of warranty anyway. Most dealers would tell you to f off after the warranty and send you the bill.
You must have a much lower standard of quality than me. I don't care if the car is now out of warranty. They never fixed the problem when it was in warranty. Not only that, they caused ADDITIONAL damage to my engine. I'm supposed to be happy that they are replacing what they broke? That is just ridiculous. I don't care how many miles are on it. It was never fixed and they broke it more. The new engine will have a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty so the extended warranty will still be covering the crap that they can't fix that a lot of people here are experiencing. I don't get how you think this is a great offer. They did a crappy job and didn't design the car very well and I'm supposed to pay for if it screws up?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #37
Deezulbeem
Private
Rep

Look. I had a Mastercraft wakeboard boat that had plenty of issues, and they fixed every problem that came up. The boat also cost probably 250 percent of what your 335d cost, so yes i know quality. You need to understand that you are probably one in a million of people that are having big problems with this car, so one person isn't going to make the entire design change. Ive never heard of anyone buying a bmw for reliability, so thats where you went wrong in the first place.
Its not a Ferrari, a Hyundai genesis sedan cost as much as your car so don't expect special treatment because you have a bmw.

A little advice-
They see you bashing them on the forum, they'll probably tell you to shove it up your ass and you pay for it. Putting a new engine in your out of warranty car is beyond what I would do for you, especially since your coughing an attitude and getting to drive a free new car while yours is being fixed.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 05:03 PM   #38
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Look. I had a Mastercraft wakeboard boat that had plenty of issues, and they fixed every problem that came up. The boat also cost probably 250 percent of what your 335d cost, so yes i know quality. You need to understand that you are probably one in a million of people that are having big problems with this car, so one person isn't going to make the entire design change. Ive never heard of anyone buying a bmw for reliability, so thats where you went wrong in the first place.
Its not a Ferrari, a Hyundai genesis sedan cost as much as your car so don't expect special treatment because you have a bmw.

A little advice-
They see you bashing them on the forum, they'll probably tell you to shove it up your ass and you pay for it. Putting a new engine in your out of warranty car is beyond what I would do for you, especially since your coughing an attitude and getting to drive a free new car while yours is being fixed.
So if you take your car (brand doesn't matter) in for an oil change and it has 62,000 miles on it and they forget to put oil in it and your engine explodes, it's ok for them to tell you they aren't going to fix it because it's out of warranty?

I never said I bought it for reliability, but this is ridiculous. I have never had a car with this many problems in my entire life. So don't be dumb thinking this is some common thing that I should expect. It not ok from any car brand.

And I'm sooooo thankful I get to drive a $35K car while my $57K car is in the shop. So nice of them.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #39
Deezulbeem
Private
Rep

I would expect them to replace the engine, just as they're doing for you. i wouldn't expect them to buy the car back and give me all the payments I've made back. Thats unrealistic, and stupid.

btw, it is nice of them. I have a 2011 f150 super crew fx2 luxury that ford tells me to get a ride home when I drop it off for warranty work. So be thankful.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #40
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I would expect them to replace the engine, just as they're doing for you. i wouldn't expect them to buy the car back and give me all the payments I've made back. Thats unrealistic, and stupid.

btw, it is nice of them. I have a 2011 f150 super crew fx2 luxury that ford tells me to get a ride home when I drop it off for warranty work. So be thankful.
I didn't want them to buy the car back because they blew up the engine. I wanted them to buy it back because there is a design flaw on these cars that cause huge repair bills and I shouldn't have to pay for their mistakes. There have been plenty of these cars bought back for the same exact reason. You can have your opinion, but it doesn't change the facts. I will most likely have to take their offer because I didn't press the issue enough at 18K when the issue started, but that doesn't meant it's not still an issue. Ask others in this forum that are having the same issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #41
dubulup
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Since no one is able to disclose their specific compensation, does anyone have any suggestions for me and my situation?
I was granted a 100k mi/ 7 year bumper to bumper warranty...includes NAV; not sure what platinum/gold/etc model it was. I was told it was roughly a $4200 value and I was offer extended maintenance at cost...$1900 out of pocket, which I haven't taken them up on.

my car was in the shop for over 120 days, inside sources tell me it was due to BMW not wanting to pay for the carbon build up issues.

They offered to buy it back for $19k and put me in a 328d for $500 over their cost...which means I would have spent close to $80k in 36 months to be in an entry level BMW.

Since the return of my car, it has been pretty flawless...passenger headlight failed (replaced under warranty)...no SES, and managed 40mpg on a 300mi trip.

come 2017 when warranty is up, I'll off load and never buy another BMW...amazing how they don't hold any value, even while still under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #42
xboxgod
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubulup View Post
I was granted a 100k mi/ 7 year bumper to bumper warranty...includes NAV; not sure what platinum/gold/etc model it was. I was told it was roughly a $4200 value and I was offer extended maintenance at cost...$1900 out of pocket, which I haven't taken them up on.

my car was in the shop for over 120 days, inside sources tell me it was due to BMW not wanting to pay for the carbon build up issues.

They offered to buy it back for $19k and put me in a 328d for $500 over their cost...which means I would have spent close to $80k in 36 months to be in an entry level BMW.

Since the return of my car, it has been pretty flawless...passenger headlight failed (replaced under warranty)...no SES, and managed 40mpg on a 300mi trip.

come 2017 when warranty is up, I'll off load and never buy another BMW...amazing how they don't hold any value, even while still under warranty.
I just talked to BMW NA 5 minutes ago and when I asked for the details, she said they are only offering a maintenance plan. That is unacceptable. I have 4 invoices from the dealership that say "couldn't figure out what was wrong" while it was under warranty. They are replacing an engine that they broke and acting like that is some big favor.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #43
BMWE934me
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335i E93 Alpine White

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [10.00]
My sex life has improved tremendously. My dealership has been F#cking me like mad for the last 6 weeks. I'm taking my business elsewhere. In a city where there are several BMW dealerships, you'd think they would try to keep customers and not just say thanks for your cash, now p!ss off. The Dallas/Ft.Worth area dealers seem like a fixed roulette wheel. When you play with them, you will mostly lose. It pays to shop around here. Everyone has different experiences with them though.

Last edited by BMWE934me; 02-19-2014 at 10:50 AM.. Reason: add text
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #44
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

sad to hear what your going thru but X im with aric on this you were the unlucky guy to be screwed over by BMW, my car is running great, BMWoA knows well our issue and WILL NOT come forward to assist us on this. I love BMW but so far i cannot say much about the product except the EMISSIONS system. Hopefully in the next few months DPF SCR EGR will be reomved FUALK emissions they should of left it alone like in Europe damn CARB/EPA/CAFE regs..
Appreciate 0