E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > [Rant] - Base Audio

11-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #23
ibeaver
joe
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90-328i View Post
you could always do what i did.
put in an exhaust and intake and listen to the sweet sound of the engine.
haha, but don't you get dizzy with all the fumes in the car?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
kavadarci
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I got individual audio with 16 speakers from the factory (I didn't build it, bought it used) which I didn't know anything about until AFTER I got the car.
At first I wasn't impressed but I only listened to radio fm. Once I connected my high quality ipod music files this puppy exploded with an amazing sound (not just loud), clear, with no loss of quality with the sound increase. I know there are better sounding cars and systems but I think individual audio is pretty good. I think it was $2700.00 option.
Basic radio is garbage and I agree should not be offered at all.

Hope you get good setup.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 02:46 PM   #25
jblewitt10xi
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

Is it even possible to connect L7 speakers (purchased from ebay or forum member) to base audio harness? is the head unit even capable of driving the speakers? Really new to this and am just trying to figure out a cost effective way to listen to my stereo. the Base audio is just plain garbage! my Mazda3 had a bose system that wasn't great but blows this crap out of the water.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #26
MGT81
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

I have the 10 speaker Hi-Fi on my 2008 335xi and I'm quote happy with it. Honestly, half the time I don't even have the stereo on. Anything is an upgrade over the crappy 6 speaker system in my old WRX!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #27
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGenius View Post
Just picked up my new BMW.

It should be f***ing illegal to select base audio package when building your f***** BMW.

I can't complain as I didn't build it and it just got off a lease (BMW Financial sold it to me.) But f*** me dude. My heart thumped harder than my f****** car.

Now I have to retrof***ingfit a Logic 7 into this f***ing f*** f***.

Alright, I feel better.

---
Hey guys,

What are your experiences on retrofitting the Logic7 kit? Expensive? Time consuming? I know there are numerous threads on what I need and how it's done, just wanted some personal experiences with it.

Thanks
-W
It is not cost -or audio upgrade- effective to retrofit the OEM Logic7 system. Only the JBL MS-8 will give your Logic7 in an aftermarket system.

This is an example E92 with mediocre Stereo (6-speakers) to outstanding aftermarket audio install... http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767449
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #28
torqnDC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92

For what it's worth, I started with the same stereo and tried to go down this same path. I did it incrementally, never being fully satisfied until my current setup. Started with BSW logic-7 kit and installed with all the factory trim panels + MS-8 and SWS-8xi underseats running off an RF P300-2 amp. This improved the sound dramatically, but still didn't sound good as the gap between the Earthquakes and what the BSW 4's could handle off MS-8 power was just too wide for me. I eventually got with VP Electricity and changed out the underseats to the Jehnerts, added his 12" corner mount sub and changed out the RF P300-2 to a JL XD700/5 (and added the crossovers for the front set).

I can provide pictures if you want, not sure how much that would help you at this point. I would caution against trying to get to the Logic 7 system, even with the MS-8 providing the logic 7 I now keep it turned off due to the bluetooth echo and the "stepping" it incurs when trying to process between channels at high volume (I can hear certain sounds noticeably stepping between channels as it changes the placement of the sound). Could just be me, but thought it might help to hear from someone who has been down this road before you.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
jblewitt10xi
Rep
Drives: 2010 328xi

So I was just about settled on purchasing BSW stage 1 and to my surprise when i went to their website today to check whether the system was still on backorder (which it was) , they raised the price over 100 dollars! For those of you with BSW how much did you end up paying for the complete system for base audio?
Appreciate 0