E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Is this Steering wheel authentic BMW ?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-28-2011, 12:41 AM   #1
bmwstylexx
Second Lieutenant
17
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (10)

Is this Steering wheel authentic BMW ?

Found a good deal on a mtech steering wheel on ebay. Says it is oem and has the part number. Is this a real oem wheel? The reason i ask it is has perf leather and alcantara suade at the top with tri color stitching?

I already purchased it but havent paid yet. Any help would be appreciated.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 03:53 AM   #2
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
478
Rep
6,831
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
The part number listed in the auction has been superceded by #32307839114 which lists as an MSport wheel - shows the perforated leather on diagram but has no details as to Alcantera or Tri-Stitching. Lists for $427.78 @ Tischer, so you did get a slight price break.

Although I have never heard of the perf/alcantera combo, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I would say it is a true oem wheel.

I have the MSport wheel with perf/smooth Napa leather + tri stitching & love it
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
119
Rep
10,455
Posts

Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

The seller AGE Styling sells authentic OEM products, not sure where s/he sources them though. Many of the old-timers (when E90 first came out) bought the M-tech steering wheel (nappa leather, half perforated, tri-colour stitching) from him before US dealerships (e.g. Tischer) made it available to order.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
bmwstylexx
Second Lieutenant
17
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
The part number listed in the auction has been superceded by #32307839114 which lists as an MSport wheel - shows the perforated leather on diagram but has no details as to Alcantera or Tri-Stitching. Lists for $427.78 @ Tischer, so you did get a slight price break.

Although I have never heard of the perf/alcantera combo, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I would say it is a true oem wheel.

I have the MSport wheel with perf/smooth Napa leather + tri stitching & love it
1 quik, you're like the go to source for BMW information. I appreciate your willingness to help answer some of my questions the past month! I did wind up getting a front bracket as well, thanks to you pointing me in the right direction there as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
bmwstylexx
Second Lieutenant
17
Rep
224
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Charlotte NC

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
The seller AGE Styling sells authentic OEM products, not sure where s/he sources them though. Many of the old-timers (when E90 first came out) bought the M-tech steering wheel (nappa leather, half perforated, tri-colour stitching) from him before US dealerships (e.g. Tischer) made it available to order.
Thanks! I feel good about it now then. I just wanted to make sure I hadn't gotten scammed. The asking price was $440 + 60 shipping and I offered $315 and it was accepted. I was like "What did i just do?!"
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
1QuikWS6's Avatar
United_States
478
Rep
6,831
Posts

Drives: F32 435ix MSport ->M6
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Blitzburgh, PA

iTrader: (96)

Garage List
2016 BMW 435ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwstylexx View Post
1 quik, you're like the go to source for BMW information. I appreciate your willingness to help answer some of my questions the past month! I did wind up getting a front bracket as well, thanks to you pointing me in the right direction there as well.
No problem!

'I do this for you now, but understand, one day, I may come to you and ask a favor...'
__________________
F32 435ix//Mineral Gray Metallic//Black Dakota Leather//Brush Alum Trim w/Black Accent//M Sport Pkg//Prem Pkg//Tech Pkg//Driver Assist Pkg//Lighting Pkg//Cold Weather Pkg//Dynamic Handling Pkg//HK Surround Sound+BavSound Stg2//437M Wheels//MPerf Pedals-CF Rear Spoiler-CF Mirror Caps-LED Sills-CF Shift Knob/Shift Surround/M4 Alcantara Armrest//CF Side Grilles//MPE w/CF Tips+CGP VSC-1//Dinan CF Intake//AA FMIC//ER CP+TIC//FabSpeed DP//Active8 Tune
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #7
DESI4life10
Banned
DESI4life10's Avatar
Canada
68
Rep
3,360
Posts

Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: West of Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (18)

I just bought a wheel from him (2 months ago).

He is a legit seller and the wheels are OEM. I am guessing North America doesn't get all the different selections as Europe does.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
Italy
380
Rep
26,858
Posts

Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
Legit!

Nice buy.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST