E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Am I going senile?

07-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #23
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Great resume ajd!
      07-15-2011, 01:25 PM   #24
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
I'm sure a couple of threads I've replied to have gone missing?

Anyone else having the same trouble?

I'm a bit like this

Come to think of it, you did smell of stale piss at the last Cotswold meet.
      07-15-2011, 01:59 PM   #25
urfankhaliq
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
Good summary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
The trouble is Carlos, if anyone is too specific, then this thread maybe pulled, which would be a shame as the cat gif is quite cool.

I can try a "safe recap" - but no gtee it will be safe:

a) thread started - I won't be specific, but it related to workers at a car wash - but it was interpreted by several as being inappropriate from a - well lets say 'racial tolerance' perspective

b) several posters point this out

c) poster defends his actions, missing the point somewhat that offence had already been caused

d) more lively debate, including amusing reference to "not the nine o'clock news" and constable savage.

e) poster implies that one poster is only complaining because he is [insert ethnic minority here]

f) thread dissappears, and quite right too. either because mod has deleted or OP has deleted inital post (not sure which)

Pause

g) another thread started to ban racists, but IMO that won't help - issue best put to bed and not given publicity - this thread also deleted

h) posts about cars resume and issue forgotten. I rediscover "Gerald the Gorilla" in the process which was nice.

g) amusing post with a moggie faceplanting some cling film started, with an oblique reference to the above. Some regulars question whats happening

i) OP not banned as far as I can see (usually it says "BANNED" under their ID on other posts - well that was certainly the case after "ryanair-gate" for some well known members ), but the OP has not posted either
      07-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #26
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Why thankyou buddy for taking time to explain this to me. Proves there are still some decent members of E90post hanging about!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///ajd View Post
The trouble is Carlos, if anyone is too specific, then this thread maybe pulled, which would be a shame as the cat gif is quite cool.

I can try a "safe recap" - but no gtee it will be safe:

a) thread started - I won't be specific, but it related to workers at a car wash - but it was interpreted by several as being inappropriate from a - well lets say 'racial tolerance' perspective

b) several posters point this out

c) poster defends his actions, missing the point somewhat that offence had already been caused

d) more lively debate, including amusing reference to "not the nine o'clock news" and constable savage.

e) poster implies that one poster is only complaining because he is [insert ethnic minority here]

f) thread dissappears, and quite right too. either because mod has deleted or OP has deleted inital post (not sure which)

Pause

g) another thread started to ban racists, but IMO that won't help - issue best put to bed and not given publicity - this thread also deleted

h) posts about cars resume and issue forgotten. I rediscover "Gerald the Gorilla" in the process which was nice.

g) amusing post with a moggie faceplanting some cling film started, with an oblique reference to the above. Some regulars question whats happening

i) OP not banned as far as I can see (usually it says "BANNED" under their ID on other posts - well that was certainly the case after "ryanair-gate" for some well known members ), but the OP has not posted either
      07-15-2011, 02:24 PM   #27
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
u gota keep up Carlos!!! ;-)
Appreciate 0