E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > The $350 dollar coilover thread

02-14-2013, 09:23 AM   #45
dhanni848
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

^^what they said. I haven't been on the forum or owned my BMW for a long time but I religiously read posts on here. I couldn't read half of these posts due to all of the bashing. OP told everyone that they were cheap and was just going to review and if they sucked, then they would come off. People need to chill the F out. It's the OP's car and choice what is put on HIS car. Sure many of you have and make the money to buy the nicer and top of the line parts. Some of us do not. Please don't trash someone because they didn't choose the most expensive parts. I hope they work out for you.

And yes all of you go ahead and post..."you shouldn't have bought and expensive car if you can't afford it". Just know its ignored every time

End of my rant. OP good luck with the parts.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #46
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Name calling and douchbaggery aside, I'm skeptical of $350 coilovers as well. But hell, anything's possible, right?

These are not made in Germany. Period. Don't forget to include the price of installation, alignment and corner-balancing when calculating the cost of coilovers. In the case of cheap ones, count those costs twice: once when you install them, and once when you replace them because they've failed.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #47
Crazylegs
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Black on Red 335I

LMAO this thread needs a concession stand

why is the new kid talking shit about peoples previous rides? seems like a someone needs to him or better yet he can go and

Edit: just checked price and from JOM to cheap to budget. want to reconsider? you might have been sent a budget option, I mean I would never go below the cheap option

2014 BSM 335i Msport - Stock

Last edited by Crazylegs; 02-14-2013 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: LMAO FOR MORE STUPID COILOVER SHIT
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #48
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarty Fruit View Post
Project335i is a straight balla. Always feels the need to shit on everyone else's car and posts.

I guess owning a entry level luxury sedan with some nice wheels has made your head swell up three times its normal size. I see ya bruh no surprise you are from mississauga damn fobs.
Lol thanks man everybody has there opinion and I'm pretty blunt and stright up, are you local? Mississauga is very multicultural as my friends are as well I would hope your not being racist with your FOB comment( which btw I am far from)

I would love to see you say that around here
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 12:49 PM   #49
PR3CI5N
need4speed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i

So much bickering...if I didn't know better I'd say you were a bunch of women
      02-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #50
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
So much bickering...if I didn't know better I'd say you were a bunch of women
right? Im putting these on my car. Who is anyone else to say that i shouldnt because etc etc.

I can pick out things wrong on other peoples car and flame them for it, but i dont. why? because i mod my own car not others. If someone wants to put ebay angel eyes, i say go for it. so many people are pleased with them, same goes for ebay bumpers/spoilers. yes more expensive options will be better but not everyone want to spend that money. wait but this is suspension, one of the most important part of the car...you mad? NO solid reviews on e90post, but seems like everyone has had these once before telling me they suck.

you can bicker all you want but if you put over 5k into your suspension and wheels, you could have gotten a better car. would it be better if i bought a 335i for 10-15 grand and put 10k on the stance and be legendary? YOU PUT 350 DOLLAR COILS ON YOUR BMW? you must be broke. LOL e90post logic is too funny. I know what can go wrong, but again its not an investment that going to break the bank. i can put ohlin, ast, or kw and put reps and still be flamed. Then there are people with cheap suspension but with nice rims get complements.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #51
tigermack
OPN DIFF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 10' E90 M3 6MT LB

Garage List
2010 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW e36 325i  [7.91]
2006 BMW e90 330i  [8.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrift4wd View Post
Then there are people with cheap suspension but with nice rims get complements.
So true. lol.

Autocross vids https://www.youtube.com/user/tigermack
https://www.instagram.com/tigermack
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 02:25 PM   #52
project335i
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Wide Load

So funny today came into work and one of the clean up kids at my dealership just bought these for his 96 golf and brought them in. They look and feel like garbage but that's what these kids do these days with there $500-$1000 cars. Not the best idea IMO

It's not that there its that there it could potentially be very dangerous. Hopefully everything works out abs is fine for OP I mean that in all seriousness
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #53
Tarty Fruit
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by project335i View Post
So funny today came into work and one of the clean up kids at my dealership just bought these for his 96 golf and brought them in. They look and feel like garbage but that's what these kids do these days with there $500-$1000 cars. Not the best idea IMO

It's not that there its that there it could potentially be very dangerous. Hopefully everything works out abs is fine for OP I mean that in all seriousness
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #54
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

OP I agree that a $350 suspension is cheap but for once I have to side with project335i. I went your route once with cheap suspension, TA Technix was the brand of coils i bought and it was like $400 shipped to me. Boy was I in for some action. After install everything was great until I drove it for about 2 months, then the problems started. First there was some weird squeaking noise coming from my rear shocks, didnt bother me as much but had me worried. Then before I knew it the shock had snapped on the bottom of my rear mount where it sits. Luckily it snapped when I was almost home so I was able to take it off and put on my stock shocks. After all this, I decided I needed to up my suspension and go with a reputable brand, no problems since.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #55
idrift4wd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Three Hundred and Thirty Five

Garage List
2007 BMW  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
OP I agree that a $350 suspension is cheap but for once I have to side with project335i. I went your route once with cheap suspension, TA Technix was the brand of coils i bought and it was like $400 shipped to me. Boy was I in for some action. After install everything was great until I drove it for about 2 months, then the problems started. First there was some weird squeaking noise coming from my rear shocks, didnt bother me as much but had me worried. Then before I knew it the shock had snapped on the bottom of my rear mount where it sits. Luckily it snapped when I was almost home so I was able to take it off and put on my stock shocks. After all this, I decided I needed to up my suspension and go with a reputable brand, no problems since.
i understand they could be total crap! ill give them a chance and will tell you guys how it turns out. Im hoping these struts last past 8-10k miles.

Ill def put a better set on when these go bad or have a bad experience. They do have a two year warranty, so i can always replace it if they do blow and ill put stocks back in. Im installing myself so all im paying for is an alignment. May need to buy a low floor jack.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 05:39 AM   #56
pits200
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i X-Drive Black Sapphire

No offense man but let's use some logic why you're getting judges so harshly.

1.) These aren't a cosmetic mod where if you go cheap to try something there really isn't any harm

2.) You say its your car and you can do what you want, obviously you're right. But you live in ny, what happens if you hit a pothole at 65mph, blow a
shock and take out someone because of these low quality shocks, and no offense they are low quality at that price point, its not speculation its fact.

3.) You say its only 350 but unless you are doing everything yourself its gonna cost you 500 more for install and alignment. Edit: just saw you are installing yourself.

4.) More than likely you're going to slam the car and I'm guessing you couldnt find a $45 camber kit so you're skipping those. You are going to eat through tires like crazy and there goes another unsafe aspect.

Sorry man, I'm not judging , actually I am but if you can't see why people are being harsh to you then oh well. And about being able to afford asts or some higher quality coils. It's like if you were in hs again and passing up a date with a hot girl with a good personality because you want to give the annoying ugly girl a chance because she might eventually become good looking one day. If you can date the hot girl, why wouldnt you?

Last edited by pits200; 02-15-2013 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 06:04 AM   #57
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
^^^Perhaps some guys prefer fatties?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #58
ForgedDistributing
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: FBO N55 >:)

This should be interesting....

PH: (616) 914-6677 FAX: (305) 255-5446
Contact me for exclusive forum and wholesale pricing!
Email: Sean@Forgeddistributing.com
Site: http://www.forgeddistributing.com/
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #59
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Common sense tells me this is a bad idea....

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #60
u170who
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 330I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techevo View Post
And I wouldn't trust my car sitting on cheap Taiwan/Chinese suspension like BC if someone paid me.

Horses for Courses.

Do you think what a suspension looks like externally gives an indication of it's quality and performance? BC's may look nice on the outside (this is where most of the budget went) but the budget should be spent on the internal stuff where it counts. My KW competiton race shocks look cheap as chips on the outside being zinc plated steel, but the performance is superb.

Have you seen a dyno graph from the so called matched dampers out of a BC kit? Horrendous. How about internal bearing design, or not as the case maybe, meaning as soon as there are side loads due to the macpherson strut design, stiction goes through the roof. Oil viscosity to temp ratio? Rats piss comes to mind.

I'm not saying the OP's coilovers are good, at that price I'd expect them to be very poor, just find it amusing that a person with BC's is lambasting him.
You sound like you know a good deal about suspensions. Could you give me your opinion? I am looking for the best bang for the buck setup and lowest cost for my '06 e90 non sport with stock springs. I am looking for better ride quality then stock and to maintain the same handling. I am in Brooklyn, NY, so have to deal with severely under maintained streets in one of the richest cities in the world. I also want longevity for the suspension. I am thinking about Bilstein HD shocks while using the stock springs. Watcha think? Oh, and peeps, if he wants to put a crappy suspension, let him, and let us all watch...should be fun, no? What's the update OP? How's the ride and your opinion?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #61
u170who
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRGmatthew View Post
What brand did you get?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #62
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik View Post
Your dumb. Sorry you have no clue what your talking about.

lol epic thread is epic
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #63
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by u170who View Post
What brand did you get?
Try re-reading what you quoted lol magic trick
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #64
u170who
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Try re-reading what you quoted lol magic trick
Not trying to argue here, but his post stated he got el cheapo ones and then traded up after it crapped out. He didn't state what the new ones were. Thanks for trying though.

Last edited by u170who; 02-15-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #65
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by u170who View Post
You sound like you know a good deal about suspensions. Could you give me your opinion? I am looking for the best bang for the buck setup and lowest cost for my '06 e90 non sport with stock springs. I am looking for better ride quality then stock and to maintain the same handling. I am in Brooklyn, NY, so have to deal with severely under maintained streets in one of the richest cities in the world. I also want longevity for the suspension. I am thinking about Bilstein HD shocks while using the stock springs. Watcha think? Oh, and peeps, if he wants to put a crappy suspension, let him, and let us all watch...should be fun, no? What's the update OP? How's the ride and your opinion?
What is your price range?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #66
u170who
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
What is your price range?
under 1k (so i assume pretty decent, right?) i am NOT looking to lower, that's partially why i'm avoiding coilovers. I like a ride like butter, but that cuts like a Gingko knife :-)
Appreciate 0