E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here

05-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #7679
ripper0306
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Black & White Edition

I'm sure the question has already been answered, but I didn't find it
but if I install a COBB AP on an already tuned car, does it save the whole configuration (including the previous tune) ?

I want to be sure It will re-install my previous tune (saved by the Cobb) when uninstalling it.
      05-15-2013, 03:36 PM   #7680
marv85
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper0306 View Post
but if I install a COBB AP on an already tuned car, does it save the whole configuration (including the previous tune) ?

I want to be sure It will re-install my previous tune (saved by the Cobb) when uninstalling it.
I'm sure it does, but to be safe just email COBB customer support. I'd hate to see you lose your tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #7681
Florida650iGC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
what's wrong with attaching a .txt or .zip?

datalog1.csv.txt ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
LOL you're struggling to get these logs posted bud, make sure you set the google doc to "public" I think it's called, it allows anyone with the link to view and download the spreadsheet
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv85 View Post
+1, easiest way to do it. just put in an extension that the site has no problem with. anything would work, it doesn;t have to be a valid extension
I already posted them in .txt and it is not a readable format because the top columns dont line up... Cant use zip because the damn shysters want $30 now... I guess I could pay it and call it a day, but this is literally the only thing I'd need it for so seems like a waste

I'll try the google docs again....
      05-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #7682
Florida650iGC
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Lol maybe the 3rd time will be the charm
Come on 3rd time! Both logs are using an E25 mix with ACN 91. The top log is S1+ Sport - no adjustments. The bottom log is the same map & E25 mix, but I adjusted the fuel scaler using the cobb table. I dont really know WTF i am looking at but I think the first log looked a lot better fuel trim wise.

Any input will be appreciated - as long as 1 day I can get these F'ers uploaded in a readable format!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B34S...it?usp=sharing

Thanks Guys!
      05-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #7683
Florida650iGC
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHR View Post
Your Goigle Docs require permission.
Maybe now if im lucky?
      05-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #7684
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335XI///M View Post
Maybe now if im lucky?
It works but im on the phone so i cant read it till later.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #7685
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Come on 3rd time! Both logs are using an E25 mix with ACN 91. The top log is S1+ Sport - no adjustments. The bottom log is the same map & E25 mix, but I adjusted the fuel scaler using the cobb table. I dont really know WTF i am looking at but I think the first log looked a lot better fuel trim wise.

Any input will be appreciated - as long as 1 day I can get these F'ers uploaded in a readable format!

Thanks Guys!

SUCCESS!!!
Just for future reference you should just reset to the default logging list and add LTFT and STFT(bank 1 or 2.) The list you have here is missing some crucial information as far boost is concerned. Overboosting is semi-common with Cobb and you'll want to be sure you don't have that going on.
However, from what I see everything looks good. Timing is clear of corrections during the pull and STFTs are negative so the DME is actually pulling fuel out.
      05-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #7686
Florida650iGC
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
SUCCESS!!!
Just for future reference you should just reset to the default logging list and add LTFT and STFT(bank 1 or 2.) The list you have here is missing some crucial information as far boost is concerned. Overboosting is semi-common with Cobb and you'll want to be sure you don't have that going on.
However, from what I see everything looks good. Timing is clear of corrections during the pull and STFTs are negative so the DME is actually pulling fuel out.
I noticed that the STFT's were negative in both runs, more in the negative like up to -24.5 on run 6 which is the one where I added fuel to the stock map. So I guess I was right to switch back to the OTS map because it runs rich as is w/o adding any additional fuel.

Side note: It is common to have like a 4-5 mpg drop on the cobb? I went from 20.5MPG or so, to the 16's.

I'm hoping adding the E85 to the crappy AZ 91 oct will help bring the mileage back up. No, I dont mash on it a lot more than I did before the map, I actually used to go WOT a lot more often and now I feel like im driving miss daisy because I only need the top 1/4" or so of throttle lol, and driving it like that I get 16 MPG. As opposed to always mashing it on the stock map, and getting 20+

Do I just have unrealistic MPG expectations?
      05-16-2013, 10:24 AM   #7687
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
I already posted them in .txt and it is not a readable format because the top columns dont line up... Cant use zip because the damn shysters want $30 now... I guess I could pay it and call it a day, but this is literally the only thing I'd need it for so seems like a waste

I'll try the google docs again....
I just did it and it works fine. see attached. Just rename by taking off the .txt
Attached Files
File Type: txt datalog5.csv.txt (47.1 KB, 86 views)

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #7688
marv85
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '07 E92 335i MT

Quote:
I noticed that the STFT's were negative in both runs, more in the negative like up to -24.5 on run 6 which is the one where I added fuel to the stock map. So I guess I was right to switch back to the OTS map because it runs rich as is w/o adding any additional fuel.

Side note: It is common to have like a 4-5 mpg drop on the cobb? I went from 20.5MPG or so, to the 16's.

I'm hoping adding the E85 to the crappy AZ 91 oct will help bring the mileage back up. No, I dont mash on it a lot more than I did before the map, I actually used to go WOT a lot more often and now I feel like im driving miss daisy because I only need the top 1/4" or so of throttle lol, and driving it like that I get 16 MPG. As opposed to always mashing it on the stock map, and getting 20+

Quote:
I just did it and it works fine. see attached. Just rename by taking off the .txt
point is not to convert a csv to a txt... it is just to fool the system to think that it is txt so it allows you to upload.

we all know that it is a csv, and will revert the extension back. it will alleviate your pain in the future
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #7689
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Adding E85 will most certainly not improve your gas mileage, it will make it worse. Log looks pretty good though, but like Aenema said, you should include trims and HPFP+LPFP PSI throughout the pull when running ethanol. I wish my car was providing enough fuel for the DME to pull some out, that's solid.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #7690
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:

yes it's common to get a MPG drop, especially since you just got it. you are heaver on the throttle . Once you get it out of your system you will drive more normal and your MPGs will go back up a bit. But never like stock. It's a performance tune = lower MPGs.

try getting 15 mpgs as a DD. W/ E50 (50% Ethanol), the fuel is less dense so you need more fuel, but its cheaper than 91. Its about $3.30 for E85 Pump and about $4.25 for 91. about 7.5 E85 pump gallons to 6.5 91 Pump gallons at each fill up right at "low fuel light" it works out to about the same co$t$. but more fill ups.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #7691
enrita
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 335i - Big turbos

Quote:

i dont think it will recognize it so it will save a generic file. Basically you will loose it.
Not 100% sure though. which tune? GIAC? DINAN?
07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD E85 BMS flash - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Snow Stg. 3 - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #7692
tjnitsche
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335 FBO

Quote:

I was wondering the same thing because I am installing the AP and have a GIAC tune now. It says in the quick start guide, which can be found online, that it saves and recognize a couple of different flash tunes that may already be on the car. The n54 accessport recognizes PPK, Dinan, GIAC, and some DimSport flashes.

Hope that helps!

here is the link, its on page 6 https://static.cobbtuning.com/cobbtu...des/AP-BMW.pdf
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #7693
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep
Drives: E90 N54

Garage List
Quote:
SUCCESS!!!
Aenema, if I try to add what you've suggested to the base list,it tells me I have selected more than the dme can communicate. What should I take away?
      05-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #7694
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickem View Post
Aenema, if I try to add what you've suggested to the base list,it tells me I have selected more than the dme can communicate. What should I take away?
I yanked out CAT, and I think WGDC. FWIW. Both are useful, but for the purposes of this particular data log I was comfortable pulling them out.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #7695
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I yanked out CAT, and I think WGDC. FWIW. Both are useful, but for the purposes of this particular data log I was comfortable pulling them out.
Thanks. Will I only have to remove two?
      05-16-2013, 06:31 PM   #7696
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
If you use the default list you should be able to add two more channels to log. So you can add STFT and LTFTs from one of the two banks but not both.
      05-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #7697
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you use the default list you should be able to add two more channels to log. So you can add STFT and LTFTs from one of the two banks but not both.
Roger that. Thanks.
      05-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #7698
Florida650iGC
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Roger that. Thanks.
How do you like having the Cobb AP and Alpina B3 TCU Flash? Are you running ST or LT maps?
      05-17-2013, 12:28 AM   #7699
Florida650iGC
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Adding E85 will most certainly not improve your gas mileage, it will make it worse. Log looks pretty good though, but like Aenema said, you should include trims and HPFP+LPFP PSI throughout the pull when running ethanol. I wish my car was providing enough fuel for the DME to pull some out, that's solid.
I'll take some new logs and include them, I think I need a V1 first though Lol

I was hoping it might go up a bit because the AZ 91 oct is so lame the car was probably not running tip top on it....

Quote:
yes it's common to get a MPG drop, especially since you just got it. you are heaver on the throttle . Once you get it out of your system you will drive more normal and your MPGs will go back up a bit. But never like stock. It's a performance tune = lower MPGs.

try getting 15 mpgs as a DD. W/ E50 (50% Ethanol), the fuel is less dense so you need more fuel, but its cheaper than 91. Its about $3.30 for E85 Pump and about $4.25 for 91. about 7.5 E85 pump gallons to 6.5 91 Pump gallons at each fill up right at "low fuel light" it works out to about the same co$t$. but more fill ups.
Yea your right I probably am a bit heavier on it , I figured it would go down some but damn a 20-25% drop, that hurts!

This is my DD and now that it's tuned I was getting like 16mpg on pure 91, the spread between E85 and 91 is far less here in AZ. It's like $3.44 for E85 and $3.94 for 91 right now. It wouldn't suck so bad if gas was not so expensive these days.

I guess I want 400hp and 20mpg, pie in the sky hahaha
      05-17-2013, 05:52 AM   #7700
sickem
Freude am fahren
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
How do you like having the Cobb AP and Alpina B3 TCU Flash? Are you running ST or LT maps?
I really like the Alpina flash! I've run it both with Cobb and Procede. On the Cobb I've only run the stock throttle maps, that's mostly based on advice from friends with Cobb and searching on here and the other forum as to what people recommended.