E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > ZSP springs/Koni FSD

06-18-2016, 10:08 AM   #1
ny330xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

ZSP springs/Koni FSD

Anyone running this setup - if so, any feedback?

I'm on a quest to find an upgraded suspension setup that amounts to comfortable daily driver setup with flatter turning and better stability - and aesthetically the marginal drop on the ZSPs is appealing, but I'm definitely not looking to stiffen the ride considerably or go as low as pretty much any other available spring is going to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #2
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny330xi View Post
Anyone running this setup - if so, any feedback?

I'm on a quest to find an upgraded suspension setup that amounts to comfortable daily driver setup with flatter turning and better stability - and aesthetically the marginal drop on the ZSPs is appealing, but I'm definitely not looking to stiffen the ride considerably or go as low as pretty much any other available spring is going to do.
CalWaterBoy recommends FSD's w/M3 bushings. Comfortable and stabilizes the ass end of your car with the bushings. I am planning on this set up for sure!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 04:49 PM   #3
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

It's a good match. OEM ZSP springs are the ONLY springs you want to run with FSDs. OEM xDrive springs are known to give a bouncy ride and aftermarket lowering springs give a stiffer ride.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 10:20 PM   #4
ny330xi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 550i Beast View Post
CalWaterBoy recommends FSD's w/M3 bushings. Comfortable and stabilizes the ass end of your car with the bushings. I am planning on this set up for sure!
I have the subframe coming down for something else, so that's a consideration. Was thinking just replacing the OE. THinking the M3 bushings are going to be stiff.

What are you going to run for springs? And who's CalWaterBoy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post
It's a good match. OEM ZSP springs are the ONLY springs you want to run with FSDs. OEM xDrive springs are known to give a bouncy ride and aftermarket lowering springs give a stiffer ride.
Thanks, still trying to find the right part numbers/codes for ZSP springs. I think what I need is 335d front and e90 335i AT rear. Those seem to match the weight distribution on my 330xi AT.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
AtlasM
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335xi 6MT

Garage List
I'm taking a slight risk and running the FSDs with B&G lowering springs. I'm using shorter bump stops (E36 M3 front, Z4 M rear) to regain suspension travel. Also have Whiteline rear subframe bushings. These parts along with a bunch of other stuff are going on my car next week. Will be posting an update once they're installed.

For the subframe bushings, you can go fairly stiff without any real ill effects. Some folks even run solid aluminum bushings. I wouldn't worry at all about the M3 subframe bushings.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 11:08 AM   #6
RMNB
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 440xi CPE BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny330xi View Post
I have the subframe coming down for something else, so that's a consideration. Was thinking just replacing the OE. THinking the M3 bushings are going to be stiff.

What are you going to run for springs? And who's CalWaterBoy?

Thanks, still trying to find the right part numbers/codes for ZSP springs. I think what I need is 335d front and e90 335i AT rear. Those seem to match the weight distribution on my 330xi AT.
CalWaterboy is over on the Fest. Seems to do a lot of DIY and know tons about everything BMW's. Very intuitive individual.
Appreciate 0