Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Which reputable vendor has Forgestar SDC's.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Cripple
Captain
Rep
Drives: 12' 335is

Which reputable vendor has Forgestar SDC's.

Hi there,

I have been searching for a set of Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave wheels but have only found two vendors who sell them. ModBaragins (which I have no desire to do business with) and Sonic Tuning.

I've talked to Pat at Sonic Tuning, he's given me a priced shipped with in the USA which was perfectly acceptable but I than asked for a price to Canada and he has not gotten back to me with a quote in over 5 days. Considering I live in Canada which he knows I kind of find this bad practice. Anyways!

At this point I am looking elsewhere. He has lost my business as well.

Who has these!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #2
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Well, I went with Pat and he was great.
You might try contacting again. I didn't get super deep wheels. But my f14's took 7 weeks from order to arrive at my door.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #3
BmerMeUp
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cinderella: 2008 E91 328xi

Where you at, Canadian Cripple? I'm in Ontairo and suffer the same problem as you describe, on a regular basis. It is both ridiculous and infuriating - a large heavy product someone might ship for FREE in the USA could cost me $350 to ship across the border, for example.

Where I am, there is a very clever group of Americans running a business called "C.B.I." They are literally 5 minutes across the Ontario/New York border. You use THEIR address to ship your product within the USA, they receive and hold it for you, for a VERY small fee you go pick it up yourself at your convenience, pay your tax to CBSA at the border on the way back - Shazam, you just saved $350 (minus the cost of gas to drive to the border and back which for me is about $50). All legal and legit (as long as you pay the tax to CBSA on the way back... don't cheat on that, they can take your car! ha. True story.)

On larger purchases, where you can often get HUGE price differences from American vs. Canadian suppliers (sorry Canada - I ALWAYS try to buy Canadian first, but what am I gonna do when your prices are routinely 100% more expensive?! Get with the program!!) - the price difference more than pays for the gas, plus you still save the shipping costs.

If you aren't in Ontario... well, then you're gonna have to find a similar company. Maybe call CBI and see if they know anyone else. Google "CBI Niagara Falls." Myself and guys at work use them all the time, they're great.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

the price shipped to montreal was around 143 but then again sonic is closer to montreal. try **********
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #5
Cripple
Captain
Rep

Well I've sent the money to him. He did get back to me on Tuesday. I haven't heard from him since. Maybe now that I've sent the money I'll get more of a response!

Current: 2015 Cayman S on HRE P101
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 09:36 AM   #6
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

OP, not sure where you are in Canada.

If you are in Ontario, Simply Tire (Toronto) carries Forgestar.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #7
Cripple
Captain
Rep

Ray has came through with me on the purchase of my Forgestar SDC's for the rear. I just wont be able to run my rear big brake kit.

I am now a bit more on board with sonic tunings help. I should have the wheels in about 5-6 weeks!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 12:23 PM   #8
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripple View Post
Ray has came through with me on the purchase of my Forgestar SDC's for the rear. I just wont be able to run my rear big brake kit.

I am now a bit more on board with sonic tunings help. I should have the wheels in about 5-6 weeks!
Sonic tuning will do you right. They have been inundated with orders, so it has been quite hectic. I know Pat at Sonic Tuning and he will make it up to you. I have dealt with Sonic Tuning, myself and found the products and service top notch!

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:

Cripple,

Thanks for the order.

We will keep you updated with the status!

Any questions or concerns just give us a call or email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip4335 View Post
Sonic tuning will do you right. They have been inundated with orders, so it has been quite hectic. I know Pat at Sonic Tuning and he will make it up to you. I have dealt with Sonic Tuning, myself and found the products and service top notch!
Thanks J!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #10
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

Quote:

Why can't you run the BBK in the rear?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #11
Cripple
Captain
Rep

Forgestar says I'd need to space out the rear and the 28 offset is pretty aggressive as is.

The wheel will interfere with the caliper. I believe the spokes where they meet the hub are so concave they will make contact.

Current: 2015 Cayman S on HRE P101
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #12
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
Why can't you run the BBK in the rear?
And the back pad are shaved, only way to run BBK with 19x10 is to add spacers.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #13
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose_sonictuning View Post
And the back pad are shaved, only way to run BBK with 19x10 is to add spacers.
does this same issue exist with the lower offset (i'm assming non-shaved) variants?

what sort of offset would be needed to run a rear BBK cleanly?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #14
jose_sonictuning
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
does this same issue exist with the lower offset (i'm assming non-shaved) variants?

what sort of offset would be needed to run a rear BBK cleanly?
This apply to all of the SDC wheels, PM me which BBK you have in the rear.
Appreciate 0