E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > For those who have phonebook sync...

01-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #1
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
For those who have phonebook sync...

Just a quick note to all members who have bluetooth mobiles that can sync the phonebook with their car- mainly Sony Ericsson phones in my experience.

There is a very useful website at www.mobical.net. I've been using it for a while & it makes my life a lot easier.

Your mobile needs to be SyncMl-enabled to use the free service. It will synchronise your phonebook, calendar, notes & tasks.
Full instructions are on the website.

I've used it when I've upgraded my phone, to sync all the stuff I'd rather not have to re-enter on the new phone.

Out of curiousity, I added a new contact on the website with a few different phone numbers. I then went into the car as normal, with BT switched on. I then carried out a sync between the phone & the online sync service. After a minute or so it finished. A minute or so after that, the new contact details appeared in the car's paired-addressbook & I could voicedial with "dial name" & speaking that person's name straight away.

"Bl**dy fantastic" I thought to myself!

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
RyBMW
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Garage List
2012 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 335i  [0.00]
If you have a Sony Ericsson phone with bluetooth, can't you just send the whole phonebook over to your new Sony Ericsson phone through bluetooth? That's what I do and it's much easier and faster.

But if you don't have a bluetooth phone capable of sending the whole phonebook, than that website is very useful.

Old: 08 E92 335i|Space Gray/Coral Red/Gray Poplar

Old: 06 E90 330i|Black Sapphire/Black /Burl
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyBMW
If you have a Sony Ericsson phone with bluetooth, can't you just send the whole phonebook over to your new Sony Ericsson phone through bluetooth? That's what I do and it's much easier and faster.

But if you don't have a bluetooth phone capable of sending the whole phonebook, than that website is very useful.
Indeed you can RyBMW, but the advantage of the online version is it also syncs the calendar, notes & tasks, if compatible with your phone & it can be done from anywhere, not necessarily when connected to your own PC.

The main advantage is the ease of transferring info from an old phone to a new one, without having to go through addressbook conversions etc.

I suppose it's going to be more of a benefit to those who have rapidly changing information, which is organised by someone else!

Appreciate 0