E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > need advice on rear "diffuser" colour

03-14-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
SeanM
Rep
Drives: e91 325

need advice on rear "diffuser" colour

seems the so caled "diffuser" on my e91 is white when it should be painted gunmetal/black.

The car is going into BMW next week to have a huge bonnet chip sorted out so I thought i may aswell get the bumper sorted.

Issue is my dealer is not sure what the corret colour should be, is there anyone that might have a BMW colour refrence number for me?

also, do you agree I should paint it the correct colour...? I think it would look "sportier" see pics below

Cheers

Name:  IMG_2549small.jpg
Views: 829
Size:  69.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 09:13 AM   #2
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
leave black if you can. on white it looks too washed out you need some dark accent IMHO
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 09:22 AM   #3
SeanM
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
leave black if you can. on white it looks too washed out you need some dark accent IMHO
thats a pic of my car, it is white and want to paint it the correct colour.......also agree its wishy washy all in white
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Bimmerchop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW/IR/6MT E46 M3

Heres a quick PS to give you an idea...

Rich | Euro.Technics | Flickr | Instagram
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
jay spec
Rep
Drives: a 7-seater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
seems the so caled "diffuser" on my e91 is white when it should be painted gunmetal/black.

The car is going into BMW next week to have a huge bonnet chip sorted out so I thought i may aswell get the bumper sorted.

Issue is my dealer is not sure what the corret colour should be, is there anyone that might have a BMW colour refrence number for me?

also, do you agree I should paint it the correct colour...? I think it would look "sportier" see pics below

Cheers

Attachment 136949
the diffusor piece unpainted is a dark grey/black color, which is what most ppl have it as. some people choose to paint the diffusor piece flat black or satin black to give it even more contrast. personally, i left the diffusor on my aw unpainted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerchop View Post
Heres a quick PS to give you an idea...

fyi - the strip in the middle should also be dark-colored. see pic below:

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 04:01 PM   #6
ohsnap
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW 335i 6MT

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay spec View Post
the diffusor piece unpainted is a dark grey/black color, which is what most ppl have it as. some people choose to paint the diffusor piece flat black or satin black to give it even more contrast. personally, i left the diffusor on my aw unpainted.

+1, i had the mtech kit ordered along with the car. however, at vpc they decided to paint it aw to match the bumper (why i have no clue). once the car was received at the dealer, they were kind enough to swap it out at no charge.

the oem diffuser comes unpainted and is dark grey in color. really looks black from a distance. it looks 10x better unpainted for sure due to the contrast and as jay already mentioned the strip above should be black as well.
      03-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #7
Bimmerchop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AW/IR/6MT E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay spec View Post

I know, I just personally don't like it when it's colored dark like the rest of the diffuser, so I kept it white. Forgot to mention that in my post

Rich | Euro.Technics | Flickr | Instagram
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 03:41 AM   #8
SeanM
Rep

[QUOTE=Bimmerchop;2306603]Heres a quick PS to give you an idea...

bimmerchop, thanks for taking the time and effort to do that!

so whats the consensus as to what colour they should use? almost a graphite colour?

Thanks for the info guys!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2008, 03:43 AM   #9
SeanM
Rep

[QUOTE=jay spec;2306756]the diffusor piece unpainted is a dark grey/black color, which is what most ppl have it as. some people choose to paint the diffusor piece flat black or satin black to give it even more contrast. personally, i left the diffusor on my aw unpainted.

thanks Jay spec, and your car looks mental. one of the nicest I have ever seen.....more to my taste than many of the modded BM's on this forum

nice one....
Appreciate 0