Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > hate your Turanza's? now you don't have to.

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-14-2007, 11:34 AM   #177
Vice Consul
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Swapping noisy RFTs for free outside North America?

Has anybody OUTSIDE the U.S. or Canada managed to sweet-talk their dealer into swapping out their noisy/scalloped Turanza EL42s for free per the service bulletin? Or are those service bulletins something put out only by BMW of North America? I'm driving a 2006 U.S.-specs 325xi that I bought through diplomatic sales in Poland. The RTLs are very noisy, and at least one has a noticeable bulge -- another victim of Warsaw's potholes. I have less than 5,000 miles on the car and would love to get a new set of tires for free when I take it in for service next week. Does anybody know if these service bulletins are a worldwide edict from on high in Munich?
Vice Consul
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 09:52 PM   #178
wantmye90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330

will BMW pay me cash settlement?

At 8,000 miles I started complaining about my Bridgestones and the local dealer blew me off with the typical BS. At 12,000 miles, after standing on my head, another dealer reluctantly agreed to replace my Bridgestones with another set. I was so sick of these tires I didn't take them.

I then went to an independent Bridgestone dealer and bought a nice set of non-runflat Bridgestones and love them very much... but spent a pretty penny and have the receipt.

Does anyone think I could take that new tire receipt to BMW NA and convince them to reimburse for some of the cost of the new tires? If so, should I go to the dealer who blew me off or to the dealer who offered me the replacement set?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #179
oscartheclimber
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

I'm amazed that others have been through 2 sets or more of tires. I had the first change at 5800, and now at 7100 miles one is definitely cupped, two are suspect, and one seems fine. The good one has a marking of d1607 or something like that, while the others are d1507. Not sure if that is significant, but there should be a serial number or something on the tire to notify of the new compound.

Are the dealers offloading their old stock?

If BMW wants to replace my tires every 5000 for the next few years that's fine with me.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #180
skimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 vert Dinan II

OMG! I just baught some new tires! Wish I had read this...I talked to the dealer about this a while back and they asked for $1200 to replace, so I went about and bought them myself. However, now I have some 25K miles on the originals...is there any room for going back to the dealer? I still have the old tires on...

thanks
K
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:47 AM   #181
mfstout
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 328i Coupe

Tire replacement bulletin link>

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/...p/B360606g.htm

Of course, if they think a tire has been damaged, you've got an issue there.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #182
Aquillar
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i Cabrio

I just bought a Certifed-Series 3 and guess what, it has the Turanza's on it. In the roadtest I noticed the noise right away and we made it a point of the sale (in writing) to have it taken care of. Obviously I didn't know BMW was officially aware of the issue until now. So I bought the car and enjoyed what I could until the appointment date.

Now my car has been sitting parked at the dealership since early this week while I argue with the various managers about the issue. They tried to tell me "there are no safety concerns so you'll have to pay for tire replacement yourself." WHAT!! It's in my bill of sale signed that this will be fixed!! Now that I found this bulletin, I'm sure it will help my case, but I have no idea how many km's have been put on these tires

I can't believe this BS.

Last edited by Aquillar; 05-20-2009 at 09:55 AM..
Appreciate 0