Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > H&r sport springs w/ stock shocks&struts

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-10-2015, 10:52 PM   #1
wheretas
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i e90

H&r sport springs w/ stock shocks&struts

hey guys so i just bought new rims and tires for my 325i 2006 e90. I got the Avant Garde m590's rim 19 which im super stoked about! but Now i want to lower the car and i was thinking of getting the H&R sport springs, but i wanted to know the drawbacks of just changing the springs. Is the ride uncomfortable if i have the H&r springs with the rest of stock setup? is there any mechanical drawbacks? any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
cdgatti
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

yes many mechanical drawbacks. your car will ride like shit and the shocks will be blown in very short order. get either koni yellows or bilstein b8 to match with those springs. also expect your car to ride much worse than stock but handle like a go-cart.
OEM Black grill and Blackline tails - LCI halogens with Lux V2 coded as DRL - 3M Crystalline - BMS PBX - OEM Euro Airbox with K&N - Hardwired CTEK - Bilstein B6 w/OEM springs and SP perches - Conti DWS06 - HiFi-Helix DSP - JLAudio HD/XD-Morel - CD changer trim - AE optical out
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2015, 02:12 PM   #3
chris @ eas
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yes, your stock shocks will get blown out very quick. Stock shocks cant handle that much of a drop. Let me know if you have any questions about different shocks or coilovers!
Appreciate 0