E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Intake question?

04-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Ramppo
Cruiser
Rep
Drives: bmw 335 e92

Intake question?

A few days ago i installed an injen intake to my car it was quite easy to install even for a guy like me, i`am really pleased with it otherwise exept there is a strange sound occureing after the install.
This could be "turbo valve" but since i`am not a mechanic it`s better i ask if somebody else have the same sound.
The sound is like the blow of valve sound but not so loud as i have heard in other cars and it especially occures when i drive up hill with big gear and hit the gas.

Anybody else have this sound and should i be worried?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
ThorsHammer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramppo View Post
A few days ago i installed an injen intake to my car it was quite easy to install even for a guy like me, i`am really pleased with it otherwise exept there is a strange sound occureing after the install.
This could be "turbo valve" but since i`am not a mechanic it`s better i ask if somebody else have the same sound.
The sound is like the blow of valve sound but not so loud as i have heard in other cars and it especially occures when i drive up hill with big gear and hit the gas.

Anybody else have this sound and should i be worried?
It's the combination of your turbos spooling up and down and the air rushing into the intake. It's normal, and one of the benefits of having that intake. You can hear it better because of the modification.

That's my guess.
"SYONRA" is for sale! http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366678 BSM '09 e92 335i | Performance: JB3, RR Catted DP's, INJEN DCI, Britalman Exhst, AA FMIC, FORGE DVs | Suspension: ST-V1 Coils, Hotchkis Chassis Brace & F/R Sways | Wheels: Bremmer Kraft BR03s, Brake Performance Rotors, Cool Carbon Pads, ECS Lines | Exterior: OEM Aero Lip/Rear, ****** CF Trunk Lid, BLUX5 Angels, M-Force M3 Sides | Interior: Passport 9500ci, Black Trim, M3 Wheel
Appreciate 0