E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Beware of Umnitza

03-08-2016, 03:17 PM   #1
wetwillyskate
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i MT

Beware of Umnitza

Here is a list of the garbage i've had to deal with since buying cheap aftermarket junk from Umnitza. Be Warned. I'll upload pics to accompany my rant. They are happy to reply to emails and call me back (occasionally) but they will never actually fix anything...ie send replacement parts, refund any money etc etc. Even though this was for my E61, i feel like warning my E90 brethren as well; since i've owned 2.

"
REAR BUMPER
The quad diffuser you just sent me was not painted. So you either lied to me or just completely forgot and neglected this offer.
the diffuser does not fit flush with the rear bumper
the rear bumper is a thinner plastic material than the OEM bumper
the rear bumper is therefore flimsier than the OEM bumper
the PDC sensors do not install flush in the new bumper
the support supplied with the new rear bumper is cheap flimsy thin plastic
i ordered and installed an OEM bumper support instead and threw yours in the garbage

SIDE SKIRTS
the side skirts do not have cutouts for the torsion bars underneath the car
the skirts have to be modified just to be installed
the covers for the bolts that mount the stabilizer bars are now missing because the side skirts don't have features for these covers to mount to
these skirts arent even the same length

Front Bumper
the front bumper is a thinner plastic material than the OEM bumper
the front bumper is therefore flimsier than the OEM bumper
the PDC sensors do not install flush in the new bumper
the locations for the PDC sensors have tabs that have to be ground off to get the PDC sensor brackets to install properly
the area of the bumper where the license plate is supposed to go is warped and not flat
the foglights you sold me have a different wiring connector than the OEM wiring so i cant even use them. I will have to REWIRE my car just to make them work. I have to BUY new connectors just to make them work.
the front bumper foam had to be removed to install the bumper. This foam is there for safety and the fact that you accept leaving it out as a normal part of the installation is absurd (youtube installation video).
the front bumper does not fit flush like the OEM bumper underneath the headlights or front fenders.
the headlight sprayer covers dont fit and are completely different. And the bumper is different so the OEM ones dont really fit either

in summary not a single part that i received was acceptable. The quality is lower than any aftermarket parts i've purchased for any of my BMWs over the past 10 years. If i could do this over again i would spend the money and get the OEM parts from BMW. I just would never have imagined there could be this many issues. Thank god i didn't order wheels from you back in July. "
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2016, 05:01 PM   #2
justalilbit
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

Yeah, I bought some headlights from them for an older car of mine... a year or two ago. Their ballasts were crappy and fried my bulbs. They were very polite and replied often, but they were anything but blunt. I had to be the one to bring up refunding, and they wouldn't just give me the money after I provided pictures of their burnt up bulbs, they wanted me to pay shipping to send them back down so they could "fix it". I only used their ballasts because they were slim, switched back to my oem ones and bought new bulbs myself from another vendor.. worked fine until I sold the car.

Forgot to mention, they also made the verdict "Huh, must just be your car."
Appreciate 0