E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Need to find very OEM looking projector headlight assmbly

01-19-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
335idrive
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

Question Need to find very OEM looking projector headlight assmbly

Hello,

Over the weekend I was in an accident with my '07 335i 4dr (e90) and sustained quite a bit of front end damage. Both headlight assemblies were destroyed. Since they are being replaced anyway, I would like to find some nice aftermarket projector headlights to have installed instead of the OEM yellowish halos.

My car had the xenon adaptive headlights, so the new headlights need to have that as well. I would actually like the lights to look as OEM as possible; no chrome or black backgrounds. The only thing that I would like different from stock is to have clear turn signals instead of the current orange in the 2007 models (and of course the bright white halos instead of the dull yellowish ones).

Does BMW makes these? Does anyone know where I could find what I am looking for? All the ones that I am finding are el cheapo with chrome or black background and they look really gaudy and poorly made/designed. If someone could point me in the right direction with a link that would be awesome.

Thanks, folks!

Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 02:47 AM   #2
asian010
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

why dont u just get the oem projectors and replace the angel eye bulb with a aftermarket one like lux or something. OR... you can get the oem projectors, send them in and get oss led angel eyes or that other one they have now installed.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 02:54 AM   #3
335idrive
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian010 View Post
why dont u just get the oem projectors and replace the angel eye bulb with a aftermarket one like lux or something. OR... you can get the oem projectors, send them in and get oss led angel eyes or that other one they have now installed.
oh, i did not know that you could just replace the angel eyes. i just saw the replacement kit on burger motorsports site. I was just hoping someone made the whole assembly so I could have the auto body shop that is fixing my car install everything.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #4
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian010 View Post
You realize a new set of OEM xenons is about $1200 right? And then on top of that the OSS option is another $500-$900 depending on options....

OP, Look into Depo or P90 projectors.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
_shim
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: an e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ********* View Post
You realize a new set of OEM xenons is about $1200 right? And then on top of that the OSS option is another $500-$900 depending on options....

OP, Look into Depo or P90 projectors.
but he has a 335 with oem xenons, will the depos/p90s work?

OP, try looking into oem euros and just change out the angel eyes for lux or mtec