E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Need advice on csl reps

08-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
karlos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 320i

Need advice on csl reps

Ive got 09 e90 m sport and have seen some 19" csl reps brand new with tyres on eBay for £879 plus p p,I was wondering has anybody bought any off eBay before and what sort of quality will I get.I no the tyres won't be anything special but they do look nice.
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
xs2man
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 F11 530d M-Sport

Tyres will be useless at that price point. I paid just over £1k for my 18's with Vredestein tyres, and I don't think I would put anything less than them on my BMW. To be fair, I went for 3SDM 0.01's instead of CSL reps, but prices are actually comparable.

In 19" guise, you wouldn't have much change from that money on decent tyres alone.

To put it another way. You have (according to your avatar) an LCI 320d. Thats got to be worth upwards of £12k minimum. Why would risk the security of that car on the road to the cheapest bit of rubber money can buy? You spent a good chunk of coin getting a nice car. Don't risk it when it comes to the only element of the vehicle that keeps it on the road.

If you can't afford decent tyres for the wheels, don't get the wheels until you can afford the tyres.

As for the wheels though. BMAutosport would be the place to get reps.

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #3
karlos
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: f30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
Tyres will be useless at that price point. I paid just over £1k for my 18's with Vredestein tyres, and I don't think I would put anything less than them on my BMW. To be fair, I went for 3SDM 0.01's instead of CSL reps, but prices are actually comparable.

In 19" guise, you wouldn't have much change from that money on decent tyres alone.

To put it another way. You have (according to your avatar) an LCI 320d. Thats got to be worth upwards of £12k minimum. Why would risk the security of that car on the road to the cheapest bit of rubber money can buy? You spent a good chunk of coin getting a nice car. Don't risk it when it comes to the only element of the vehicle that keeps it on the road.

If you can't afford decent tyres for the wheels, don't get the wheels until you can afford the tyres.

As for the wheels though. BMAutosport would be the place to get reps.
Fair point, I suppose I could just buy the rims then put some verds tyres on them for extra money
Appreciate 0