E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > VRSF Exhaust Installed. Pictures Inside

06-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #419
SCS15
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmitty95 View Post
Well finally had some time to grab some videos today and do a short little write-up. Figured i'd post it in here instead of making another thread. Anyways here's my review on the exhaust so far.

First and foremost as always Tiago's customer service went beyond expectations. We had a little hiccup in the beginning because inventory was wrong and they didn't have any y-pipes. I thought I needed my car back that Saturday so Tiago sent out the test fit y-pipe so that could be installed, then we could exchange with the normal y-pipes once they came in. We decided to just wait for the normal y-pipe but that was still a nice thing for Tiago to do.

Next up it was late in the week Thursday and I needed the new y-pipe there by Friday so I could pick the car up Saturday. Tiago and I were going back and forth emailing on Thursday but Thursday received no tracking number. Sent Tiago an email Friday morning freaking out because I needed it to be there that day and he replied at 10 A.M. explaining fedex didn't come the previous day so a driver was on the way with the pipe and would be there within the hour. Without even asking me or anything a driver was already on his way to me to ensure I had the part when I needed it. Keep in mind it's over a 3 hour drive from VRSF to where we are. Funny thing is it didn't stop there...

Friday the shop I use had a lot of difficulty installing the exhaust at the y-pipe. For some reason the shop just couldn't get it to line up... Anyways my phone was about to die so I email Tiago their number and ask him to please give them a call and help them out. He calls them and also says if they don't get it installed that night he will personally come up on Saturday to help out there. They finally got the pipes wrestled in and the whole exhaust bolted up. Fitment i'd say is pretty good just needs a bit of work loosening the downpipes and getting them to move in place with the y-pipe.

Now for the actual quality of the exhaust. The tips are great quality and the laser etching looks awesome. The whole exhaust looks great under the car and also looks to be made from quality materials. As always it's backed up by VRSF's lifetime warranty so if anything fails, you're good to go. When I got to the shop and we started it up I was pretty happy. I basically wanted something louder than my previous setup (secondary cat delete) but not over the top. I also hate how most exhausts for our cars are raspy and farty sounding but this one is extremely smooth. Anyways the videos below will speak much better than what I can write.

Overall i'm very impressed with the exhaust and only have a few complaints but most are just opinion. My only complaints are that the tips are too small for me, i'm getting a slight drone at 2k, and lastly it hangs pretty low. The drone is pretty much expected as any aftermarket exhaust will drone so it doesn't bother me too much but figured its worth mentioning. The hanging low part also is just the "nature of the beast" of going with a 3.5" single pipe exhaust and also being lowered. Other than that very impressed and enjoying it so far. Video will be below and also a pic of clearance since someone requested one. Keep in mind i'm lowered to no finger gap up front and 1 finger gap in the rear.

Also let me know if you guys want any pics of anything in particular or any videos of anything.
Wow that's some pretty awesome service from tiago and vrsf to hand deliver the parts. Can't even think of a single other company that would go to that extreme.
I, for one, am proud to have parts from them just based on how amazing they are for our community. Can't wait for my parts from them. Cough chargepipe cough
JB4 G5 - Forge FMIC - VRSF V2 DP - Magnaflow 15529 Catback Exhaust - BMS Clutch Stop - BMS DCI - CDV Delete - Dinan Stage 3 Suspension - 19x8.5/10 Forgestar F14 Gloss Gunmetal - Michelin PSS - M-Sport Front & Rear - M3 Side Skirts - OEM M3 Decklid Spoiler - BMW Performance Grilles - ZHP Shift Knob - M-Sport Steering Wheel - M-Sport Door Sills
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #420
robc1976
DIYER
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Well finally had some time to grab some videos today and do a short little write-up. Figured i'd post it in here instead of making another thread. Anyways here's my review on the exhaust so far.

First and foremost as always Tiago's customer service went beyond expectations. We had a little hiccup in the beginning because inventory was wrong and they didn't have any y-pipes. I thought I needed my car back that Saturday so Tiago sent out the test fit y-pipe so that could be installed, then we could exchange with the normal y-pipes once they came in. We decided to just wait for the normal y-pipe but that was still a nice thing for Tiago to do.

Next up it was late in the week Thursday and I needed the new y-pipe there by Friday so I could pick the car up Saturday. Tiago and I were going back and forth emailing on Thursday but Thursday received no tracking number. Sent Tiago an email Friday morning freaking out because I needed it to be there that day and he replied at 10 A.M. explaining fedex didn't come the previous day so a driver was on the way with the pipe and would be there within the hour. Without even asking me or anything a driver was already on his way to me to ensure I had the part when I needed it. Keep in mind it's over a 3 hour drive from VRSF to where we are. Funny thing is it didn't stop there...

Friday the shop I use had a lot of difficulty installing the exhaust at the y-pipe. For some reason the shop just couldn't get it to line up... Anyways my phone was about to die so I email Tiago their number and ask him to please give them a call and help them out. He calls them and also says if they don't get it installed that night he will personally come up on Saturday to help out there. They finally got the pipes wrestled in and the whole exhaust bolted up. Fitment i'd say is pretty good just needs a bit of work loosening the downpipes and getting them to move in place with the y-pipe.

Now for the actual quality of the exhaust. The tips are great quality and the laser etching looks awesome. The whole exhaust looks great under the car and also looks to be made from quality materials. As always it's backed up by VRSF's lifetime warranty so if anything fails, you're good to go. When I got to the shop and we started it up I was pretty happy. I basically wanted something louder than my previous setup (secondary cat delete) but not over the top. I also hate how most exhausts for our cars are raspy and farty sounding but this one is extremely smooth. Anyways the videos below will speak much better than what I can write.

Overall i'm very impressed with the exhaust and only have a few complaints but most are just opinion. My only complaints are that the tips are too small for me, i'm getting a slight drone at 2k, and lastly it hangs pretty low. The drone is pretty much expected as any aftermarket exhaust will drone so it doesn't bother me too much but figured its worth mentioning. The hanging low part also is just the "nature of the beast" of going with a 3.5" single pipe exhaust and also being lowered. Other than that very impressed and enjoying it so far. Video will be below and also a pic of clearance since someone requested one. Keep in mind i'm lowered to no finger gap up front and 1 finger gap in the rear.

Also let me know if you guys want any pics of anything in particular or any videos of anything.

Great video great review!!! This really shows what the exhaust is....little tame for me but a great product with great customer service
JB4 G5, Stage 3 LPFP, Stage 2 MOTIV PI, VM 6466 ST, Custom OCC W/ SS lines, ER FMIC, ER CP W/HKS BOV, M3 control arms, M3 guide rods, M3 upper links, M3 front & rear sway-bars, HPA rear toe arms, Wavetrac LSD, HPF Gen 2, DEFIV kit, KW clubsport, Delrin solid SF bushings, stoptech rotors, Rogue Tranny Mounts, 1M bumper, M3 CF hood, M3 fenders, M3 OEM sideskirts, Mtech rear bumper, CSL trunk, MORR VS8.2 rims 245/295
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #421
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Thanks for taking the time Peter, I greatly appreciate it. If you're ever in the area you should stop by and we'll be happy to get the car on the lift and make sure it's not hanging too low. V-band exhausts tend to require a bit of adjustment before everything fits in it's place
No problem and i'll definitely let you know if i'm ever up in that area

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCS15 View Post
Wow that's some pretty awesome service from tiago and vrsf to hand deliver the parts. Can't even think of a single other company that would go to that extreme.
I, for one, am proud to have parts from them just based on how amazing they are for our community. Can't wait for my parts from them. Cough chargepipe cough
Haha yea it really was amazing. I was very pleased with how much he was willing to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by robc1976 View Post
Great video great review!!! This really shows what the exhaust is....little tame for me but a great product with great customer service
No problem! It's definitely more on the tame side but I like it. I haven't really heard a loud exhaust on our cars that isn't raspy and farty sounding. I think the AA exhaust is the perfect one but it's $1900
More Pictures: Build Thread /// 683AWHP/675AWTQ
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #422
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Tiago's customer service is truly superb, whenever there's an issue he does whatever he reasonably can to make things right. And the tips look pretty sexy. Nice exhaust OP.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #423
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
I'm trying to pick an exhaust right now. This is so tempting but I ride low and I'm really concerned about this exhaust and the comments about it hanging lower than normal.

Also concerned about fitment when taking it to a shop to have it installed. Do these posts about the shops having trouble really mean the installer was likely not 'seasoned' or is this really an issue with this exhaust?

It's beautiful. Sounds terrific and how can you beat the price and lifetime warranty!? My concerns are due to being daily driver and really worried about bottoming out on it!
      06-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #424
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
I'm trying to pick an exhaust right now. This is so tempting but I ride low and I'm really concerned about this exhaust and the comments about it hanging lower than normal.

Also concerned about fitment when taking it to a shop to have it installed. Do these posts about the shops having trouble really mean the installer was likely not 'seasoned' or is this really an issue with this exhaust?

It's beautiful. Sounds terrific and how can you beat the price and lifetime warranty!? My concerns are due to being daily driver and really worried about bottoming out on it!
I'm pretty low to the point where I have no gap up front on my tires and i'm fine. I scraped the exhaust once this week leaving a parking lot but that's because I took my normal angle not remembering how low I am in the middle. Reversed and increased the angle and it went over fine. If you're low just be mindful of the exhaust. The exhaust did fit after we loosened the clamps at the turbos and moved the pipes around a bit. It might be because the shop I use hasn't installed one of these single pipe exhaust yet, but they have installed hundreds of exhausts on N54's so they weren't new to it. It did wind up fitting though so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Price and lifetime warranty cannot be beat
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 07:50 PM   #425
stashtrey
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 335xi TiAg

Garage List
Quote:
I'm pretty low to the point where I have no gap up front on my tires and i'm fine. I scraped the exhaust once this week leaving a parking lot but that's because I took my normal angle not remembering how low I am in the middle. Reversed and increased the angle and it went over fine. If you're low just be mindful of the exhaust. The exhaust did fit after we loosened the clamps at the turbos and moved the pipes around a bit. It might be because the shop I use hasn't installed one of these single pipe exhaust yet, but they have installed hundreds of exhausts on N54's so they weren't new to it. It did wind up fitting though so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Price and lifetime warranty cannot be beat
Thank you for the reply and info! That helps.

I'm now totally torn between PE, Dinan Free Flow and ETS.
      06-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #426
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stashtrey View Post
Thank you for the reply and info! That helps.

I'm now totally torn between PE, Dinan Free Flow and ETS.
I haven't heard the other two but PE sounds amazing until you get into the higher RPM's if you're catless. Then it starts to rasp and sound a little too farty for me although some like it
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #427
Acekid187
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexx03 View Post
got it on youtube finally,
Sounds awesome
      06-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #428
v1nc86
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

subscribed to that thread
      06-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #429
Showney
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Will this exhaust fit an e93?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #430
mave198
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Want to thank Tiago for readjusting my exhaust and putting on the new tips. His customer service is phenomenal and he is extremely cool to talk to.

Was a pleasure to meet u Tiago and hope u had a great lunch lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #431
SaviorXi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
Thanks for taking the time Peter, I greatly appreciate it. If you're ever in the area you should stop by and we'll be happy to get the car on the lift and make sure it's not hanging too low. V-band exhausts tend to require a bit of adjustment before everything fits in it's place

Tiago
I have a few questions for you. I have a 2009 335i coupe and I recently purchased VRSF down pipes from you (the quality and fitment is amazing) and had them installed and the rattle coming from the exhaust since I removed my secondary cats is unbearable. (you already commented on the thread). I live in new jersey outside of Philly and I have a house in Wilmington Vt. I am heading there for the 4th of July and will be there July 3, 4, 5, 6th. I would love to take the 2 hour drive and have you install the VRSF exhaust while I wait. Is this possible? If so when and what time? Also how much for the street exhaust installed. I also couldn't take the stock exhaust with me since it sure won't fit in my coupe so I could give it to you. It has secondaries deleted and 4" dismisa tips on it. I know it is a holiday week and am not sure of your plans but if this would work that would be great.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #432
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Unfortunately our catbacks are on a 5-6 week back order. We should have them in shortly & I'll be more than happy to install while you wait when they do arrive
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #433
3000GT MR
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i/3000gt vr4

Tell me this isn't the coolest set up :-) I'll eventually get one made
http://db.tt/cRKSW9sK
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #434
3000GT MR
Major
United_States
Rep

Single turbo+vrsf=orgasm. I didn't have time to upload this to YouTube so i hope this works. I passed a cop so i kinda let of early. I also didn't want the atmospheric wastegate to open which is blistering loud at 11.5psi

http://db.tt/5lROxJml
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #435
dfjaws
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 / E86 M Coupe

I remember something about a 'race' style rear section being made eventually that would be compatible with the 3.5" mid section to essentially make it similar to the HPF exhaust (basically a muffler delete). The idea being that you could take the muffler off when you want to be loud, and put it back on when it's time to be quiet again. Is this still something that's in the works? If so, I need to get my hands on this exhaust.
      07-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #436
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfjaws View Post
I remember something about a 'race' style rear section being made eventually that would be compatible with the 3.5" mid section to essentially make it similar to the HPF exhaust (basically a muffler delete). The idea being that you could take the muffler off when you want to be loud, and put it back on when it's time to be quiet again. Is this still something that's in the works? If so, I need to get my hands on this exhaust.
Nope. It wound up droning way too much and they didn't want to make it. You can still grab the exhaust and have a custom rear made very easily. All you need is 3.5" piping and a vband flange
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #437
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR View Post
Single turbo+vrsf=orgasm. I didn't have time to upload this to YouTube so i hope this works. I passed a cop so i kinda let of early. I also didn't want the atmospheric wastegate to open which is blistering loud at 11.5psi

http://db.tt/5lROxJml
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #438
psmitty95
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Had my friends gopro today so filmed a bunch of driving around. Lots of downshifts and different gear pulls in the vid

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #439
3000GT MR
Major
United_States
Rep

Ok finally got it uploaded to youtube. This is VFF single turbo with VRSF exhaust low boost no cats or anything
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #440
alexx03
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335I

Quote:
Nope. It wound up droning way too much and they didn't want to make it. You can still grab the exhaust and have a custom rear made very easily. All you need is 3.5" piping and a vband flange
got this done yesterday, vrsf piping to vibrant resonator right before rear axel,y to 3 inch pipes to 4 inch tips. sounds perfect to me!
Appreciate 0