E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Happy E-Maps Customer!

01-04-2013, 06:42 PM   #23
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Yes,Simon used to be a member on this forum,but it was a good few yrs back now.
Simon is a sponsor over on BMWland,and regularly attends group mapping meets all over the UK,where remaps can be bought for what is a bargain,even his normal prices are considerably less than others.

Sadly,after being threatened and abused by another member,who also ran/runs a tuning/mapping company,his (Simons) life on here was made intolerable,and he asked,yes HE asked to be banned.

A great shame,as Simon is a great Guy,as honest as the day is long with a wealth of knowledge,that he will readily divulge for no financial gain.

I would recommend Simon over all the other companies out there,his maps are as good,if not better than others,and from my own experience,you get in terms of power returns,what he advertises.
when was this?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #24
Z3man
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E91 320D SE Auto (LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3man View Post
Well Simon hasn't come back to me yet, he did reply to my first email when i was asking for some info, but then i replied asking if he was coming up to the north east any time soon, but he hasn't replied yet. But i have been having second thoughts anyway, because if i need the remap removing at short notice for any reason, Simon wouldn't be able to do it due to the distance.

I emailed Sedox performance in Sunderland who are only about 30 miles away over the festive period and they haven't bothered coming back to me at all, so i will forget about them.

I have just noticed i have Teesside Motor Factors a Superchips remap agent very close to where i work, so that would be very handy, does anyone here have any experience with Superchips, they have been around a long time so they should know what they are doing.
I have decided to go with Sedox Performance in the end, even though above i said i wouldn't because they never replied to my email. It seems it was a genuine mistake them not replying, but today i have had some good communication with them and they seem very professional and have been in the game a long time, they are personal friends of BWchiptune who have a good reputation. They are only 22 miles away from me as well which will be handy if anything goes wrong or i need the map removing for any reason, they also offer a no quibble 7 days refund policy if you are not satisfied.

The price is very reasonable as well, they have a special offer on till 20th january, they are doing a custom stage 1 remap with full diagnostics and before and after rolling road for £249, i am getting it done next week saturday the 12th, i will leave a review about a week later once i have had time to test it properly and check if my mpg has improved.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #25
mjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Another happy e-maps customer here...!

When Simon remapped my 123d back in April last year, I did already done a load of research (about both reliability of the 123 and tuning companies) and phoned various companies before I settled on Simon at E-Maps. The fact that he was local to me and had numerous positive reviews on the internet sealed the deal for me.

The whole experience was fantastic from start to finish! He gave me a very warm welcome, checked over everything in the engine bay (found a boost pipe seal that was weeping oil on the intercooler) and carried out a diagnostic check, before starting the tuning process. He guided me through the whole process, which really was quite interesting, I can't remember everything, but he did change around 35 different tables in the ECU (Load, turbo boost, ignition timing etc.).

After about an hour he was done and he took the car out for a test drive with the laptop plugged in to monitor the EGT, boost pressure and some other things. Once the car was up to temperature, we headed out onto a dual carriageway and he floored it. I was speechless! The feeling of being pulled back into your seat and feeling as though the seat was about to be ripped out of the floor was great! He gave it a good 10 minute thrashing, before letting me have a go to make sure I was happy. And boy was I, the 1-series felt like a new car and the feeling of 248BHP was fantastic! The shove up to 5500rpm was incredible (especially in 2nd and 3rd)! The pull through all the gears was astonishing and up until the day I changed the car, it still put a smile on my face!
Appreciate 0