E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding radio for Parrot CK3000 Evolution

02-15-2023, 11:22 AM   #1
lazeer321
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (E93)

Coding radio for Parrot CK3000 Evolution

Hi, i wanted to know if someone can help me with this..

I bought my car with a parrot bluetooth module for phone calls, the thing is that the parrot is integrated with the steering wheel buttons, meaning that to access the menu of the bluetooth module, i had to press the sequence "UP DOWN" twice on the steering wheel arrows.

When i did that, the screen on the radio changed to "Telephone active", and i scrolled through the parrot's menu with the + - buttons of the steering wheel.

My problem is that now when i press the "UP DOWN" sequence twice, to access the menu on the parrot, the radio no longer displays "Telephone active", so i can no longer scroll through the menu.

I believe that there is no communication between the radio and the parrot, as there was before...i was wondering if it needs some sort of coding? So the radio can recognize the parrot when pressing the "UP DOWN" sequence on the steering wheel buttons.

Any help would be deeply appreciated, thank you.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 08:00 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

the normal OEM method for bluetooth phone is a module called the TCU , Mulf or combox depending on year. When used with the pro Radio or idrive it allows typical phone functions. Who knows how the parrot is integrated with the system. Does it even have a stock radio? There is no known options for integrating aftermarket bluetooth or phone
as far as I know. There are devices like mr12volt that work through the cd interface
that do this kind of stuff.

If you go back to stock you have to have a TCU , Mulf or combox.
and a BMW head unit.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2023, 08:04 PM   #3
lazeer321
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctuna View Post
the normal OEM method for bluetooth phone is a module called the TCU , Mulf or combox depending on year. When used with the pro Radio or idrive it allows typical phone functions. Who knows how the parrot is integrated with the system. Does it even have a stock radio? There is no known options for integrating aftermarket bluetooth or phone
as far as I know. There are devices like mr12volt that work through the cd interface
that do this kind of stuff.
Ok i understand, i have read that this Parrot module is just plug and play, and that the "Telephone active" message appears when in call, or scrolling through the Parrot menu...mine is just not working.
Appreciate 0