E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > N54 Crank No Start After Tmap Change

12-25-2022, 06:42 PM   #1
FBO_335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 335i

N54 Crank No Start After Tmap Change

I recently got a custom tune from wedge performance and the car was running great however boost was under target and the car has new turbos and has been checked for boost leaks. I was running an off brand china tmap 3.5 bar sensor and I assumed that could affect my boost readout. I tried to change it to a VDO sensor and was sent what i think was a 2.5 bar instead of a 3.5 bar. I ended up installing it and it ran fine until port injection turned on and thats when I realized. After recieving the true 3.5 bar sensor and after installing it my car would no longer start. The car has already been repinned for the 3.5 bar sensor and adaptations reset. I am getting codes
2A19- tank venting valve activation
2ABC- Boost-pressure sensor electric
2FBC- fuel supply control valve signal
3100- boost pressure control deactivation
I went back to the old china sensor and it still would not start. I sprayed some starting fluid in the intake and it would start to fire and run until the fluid was removed. I also cleaned the manifold sensor and still no luck. Any help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 11:47 AM   #2
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBO_335i View Post
I recently got a custom tune from wedge performance and the car was running great however boost was under target and the car has new turbos and has been checked for boost leaks. I was running an off brand china tmap 3.5 bar sensor and I assumed that could affect my boost readout. I tried to change it to a VDO sensor and was sent what i think was a 2.5 bar instead of a 3.5 bar. I ended up installing it and it ran fine until port injection turned on and thats when I realized. After recieving the true 3.5 bar sensor and after installing it my car would no longer start. The car has already been repinned for the 3.5 bar sensor and adaptations reset. I am getting codes
2A19- tank venting valve activation
2ABC- Boost-pressure sensor electric
2FBC- fuel supply control valve signal
3100- boost pressure control deactivation
I went back to the old china sensor and it still would not start. I sprayed some starting fluid in the intake and it would start to fire and run until the fluid was removed. I also cleaned the manifold sensor and still no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Could be the wiring to the sensor. Maybe damaged due to swapping and re-pinning a few times.
      01-01-2023, 01:32 PM   #3
FBO_335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Could be the wiring to the sensor. Maybe damaged due to swapping and re-pinning a few times.
I double checked the wiring and it all looks good. Took a data log of it cranking and it has fuel pressure and shows that its pulling vacuum
Appreciate 0