E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > ready for winter? snow in TO tonight

12-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #45
BavFan_08
Dreamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: '12 E88 6MT | Ret '08 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamadobo View Post
Just need clarification, do our cars have TPMS?

I am awaiting delivery of my car and want to buy winter tire package. Those of you running winters without RFT. Is it ok? Do you keep a spare tire now?
I just tested my ipike 409s (non RFTs) today, on my 335i. Our street wasn't plowed so I wanted to test out the tires. Although I burned a lot of gas, I was not stranded at all.

Just remember with Non RFTs you'll need a solution for a spare tire. I still havn't figured one out yet.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #46
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_newbie View Post
I just tested my ipike 409s (non RFTs) today, on my 335i. Our street wasn't plowed so I wanted to test out the tires. Although I burned a lot of gas, I was not stranded at all.

Just remember with Non RFTs you'll need a solution for a spare tire. I still havn't figured one out yet.

I still haven't figured it out after 2 years
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #47
OwnAge
Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummi View Post
First time driving RWD in the snow and it was just fine. Fun, actually.... the Yokohama IG20s sliced through the snow, ice, and water as usual.
Yeah me too. Was so fun
On my way home a gray e92 335 got stuck, close to MajorMack and Keele. Guy prolly did too many donuts or had his 18" tires for a while cause that car didnt move. Took 4 of us to get him out. Hope he changes to winters soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHCCubs View Post
I'm on the stock all-season Continentals and had no issues this morning.
ohh so no wonder my car handled so good. I thought i had summer tires on.

From dead stop on todays snow car went a lil side ways but no biggy. I actually felt like cancelling my appointment for winter tires. Only reason I absoltely have to get winters is because ima have to drive to collingwood pretty often.
      12-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #48
Taryon
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
[/B]

I still haven't figured it out after 2 years
Temporary solution for small punctures is Tire Foam + Air Compressor. That's all I can do for now.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #49
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryon View Post
Temporary solution for small punctures is Tire Foam + Air Compressor. That's all I can do for now.
Have that .. never had to use it
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:57 PM   #50
Taryon
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post

From dead stop on todays snow car went a lil side ways but no biggy. I actually felt like cancelling my appointment for winter tires. Only reason I absoltely have to get winters is because ima have to drive to collingwood pretty often.
Gurik, did your car come with the Conti's or the Bridgestones? I'm testing my Bridgestone All-Seasons out this winter to gauge whether I need dedicated winters or not. So far, it's not half bad... better than I expected at least.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 03:58 PM   #51
Taryon
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
Have that .. never had to use it
That's good *knocks on wood* I hope I don't have to either. Although, if something more serious happens to a tire, I'm out of luck!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 04:58 PM   #52
OwnAge
Gourik
Canada
Rep
Drives: soon

Garage List
2009 328i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryon View Post
Gurik, did your car come with the Conti's or the Bridgestones? I'm testing my Bridgestone All-Seasons out this winter to gauge whether I need dedicated winters or not. So far, it's not half bad... better than I expected at least.
I have Bridgestone. I think you're good with all seasons and awd. All my audi, subaru friends have all seasons. I can't imagine how good awd+winters would be. I always had all seasons on my fwd cars and never had problems. I don't see how an awd would.

I got stuck on my driveway today. ^-^Tires are great but i dunno if its because of no LSD or rwd my car pulls to the right side pretty hard.
      12-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #53
Taryon
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I have Bridgestone. I think you're good with all seasons and awd. All my audi, subaru friends have all seasons. I can't imagine how good awd+winters would be. I always had all seasons on my fwd cars and never had problems. I don't see how an awd would.

I got stuck on my driveway today. ^-^Tires are great but i dunno if its because of no LSD or rwd my car pulls to the right side pretty hard.
Should be, yeah Winters + AWD = a lot more of a secure feeling. I was using Dunlop WinterSport 3D's on my Evo X last year... man, that thing was a tank.

P.S. Other than the xDrive (side badges didn't look right, so I took them off), I swear our cars are twins inside and out. Blacked out grille, reflectors and tint, etc...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #54
SGxi
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 328xi

Garage List
2007 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonintoronto View Post
quick question for my xdrive friends - are you driving xdrive with winter tires? noone is driving with xdrive+summers in the snow are they?
xdrive + winter = FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonintoronto View Post
that depends on when you woke up! i admittedly left for work late and by that time the roads were cleared (both by plows and by previous traffic) and the precipitation changed from snow to rain
When I left home in the morning, the snow accumulation wasn't too bad, but when I got home, I noticed my street was in WORSE condition, with chunks of snow everywhere... stupid snow plowing guys are so sloppy these days...
      12-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #55
CHCCubs
Colonel
Latvia
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport

Quote:

You have the stock 16 inch rims right? If so, then yeah you have all-seasons, I think it's only the sport package rims that have summer tires, my upgraded 17's (non-sport package) have all-seasons.

2013 BMW 328i xDrive Sport Line
Mineral Grey on Everest Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #56
c0mx
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

nokian hakkas R & 17" *rims* from Kal tire ... a bit on the expensive side, but quite amazing.
Was on the road around 6 am and it was quite shocking I had no issues ... last winter having been done on the summers ... ( bad idea in retrospect )

Last edited by c0mx; 12-10-2009 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0