E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Another satisfied BMS customer

09-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Antipathy
d00sh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thumbs up Another satisfied BMS customer

Got JB4 and Intakes last week. Shipping was extremely fast, I ordered it late monday arond 6:30pm est and it shipped the same day! Arrived Wednesday.

I've only had the car for a month and the mod bug hit instantly when I found out BMS tune + intakes was only $600 - take my money!

Install of intakes and the chip was incredibly easy. I decided to just leave the usb connector in the engine bay; there's a little cubby like area I tucked it into away from any engine heat - there was already a presence of dead leaves piled in there. The only awkard thing was setting up the different options with the clusters. I wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly. But after setting them I was delighted to see I did it correctly as the gauge sweep and blinker notification worked right away.

I'm running map 5 right now. There's an e85 station in the next town so I may make a trip there and do a 50/50 mix to see how it performs.

It was a little dissappointing that the intakes didn't really make the car sound any more aggressive. I'll probably slap a mild exhaust on there in the future, but the next mod will probably be coilovers + wheels. Although I just got hit with a massive personal property tax bill, so we'll see...I definitely am going to get a front M bumper. I stupidly hit a curb the other day and it scraped the right side and knocked out the fog light.

As she looks right now (err, before the incident at least):
      09-26-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
pinky_and_me
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N54 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
I decided to just leave the usb connector in the engine bay; there's a little cubby like area I tucked it into away from any engine heat - there was already a presence of dead leaves piled in there.
If there are leaves there then there will be water there when it rains and I suspect shorting the leads of the USB cable could be damaging to the USB port of the JB4 so I would suggest you at least waterproof the plug somehow.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Sounds good. Only thing I would do is start off with a lower E85 concentration to let the car adapt, instead of jumping to 50/50 right away. If you ever plan on getting downpipes in the future, I would reccomend doing a resonator delete with an X-Pipe.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
Gossypiboma
Major
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 6MT 18' M3 CS

Just route the USB cord through the firewall into the glovebox, it drops right in through the DME box.

I just installed my the same setup and love it. The DCI's made the sound of the turbos spooling very noticeable in my car.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Dmacc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

Nice picture!

thanks to MGallop
Appreciate 0