E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Brake wear sensor & BBK?

07-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #1
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Brake wear sensor & BBK?

Hi,

I'm planning to fit my AP Racing calipers soon and was looking for some real life experience from others drivers with BBKs and what they have done with their brake wear sensor? My new pads won't take a sensor and I have been suggested to just hang up the new sensor. However I have read people getting brake warnings after some time, so I would appreciate if people with big brake kits could comment on their experience and what they have done.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 05:30 PM   #2
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Just zip tie it to the strut somewhere. You won't get a warning.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 02:04 AM   #3
kevin@bavarianx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

I just roll up the wire and zip tie to its connector plug. Just inspect the pads once in a while if you are worried about your pads wearing down.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Thanks for the feedback!

I can't wait to get these beauties installed. The kit came in two massive double packed boxes and everything was packed really neat. It's nice to see that a lot of care had gone shipping them and making sure they are prestine.

Should I leave the metal clip on the sensor, or does it not matter?
Appreciate 0