E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > dam i hate bmw dealers

04-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #23
StealthMotoring
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i

I believe theres a time period involved. I had very low miles but it was a long time since the last oil change. They did it for free at Rallye for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #24
i own an e90
chief general
Rep
Drives: e90 white on black manual 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
Top it off it's fucking 7 dollars.
yah i know its 7 dollars... i have to get 7 quarts for my car to fill it up ...i shouldn't have to pay anything since i bought the extended maintenance....i might as well buy the oil and the oil filter and just get a full oil change somewhere ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe View Post
Either you are drivin the car really hard or you need and oil level sensor.
nah i dont drive the car hard all the time...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #25
itsbrokeagain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 528iT, E53 X5, E46 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by i own an e90 View Post
yah i know its 7 dollars... i have to get 7 quarts for my car to fill it up ...i shouldn't have to pay anything since i bought the extended maintenance....i might as well buy the oil and the oil filter and just get a full oil change somewhere ...

stop complaining..you give us BMW owners a bad name

Extended Warranty usually only covers electrical concerns...sometimes maintenance after 50k is NOT included. Buy a couple of quarts of oil and keep em stowed in the trunk. If you are constantly getting the add one quart light, and there are no leaks under the car, then you have a bad level sensor...you dont want to overfill the engine with oil.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 11:58 PM   #26
Nypeder
Lieutenant General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3/E90 335i

Quote:

you do know that the oil top off only requires 1 quart rightt?...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #27
queensE90
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i sport package

dam bro you should've asked! i could've done the oil change for you
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 01:08 PM   #28
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe View Post
stop complaining..you give us BMW owners a bad name

Extended Warranty usually only covers electrical concerns...sometimes maintenance after 50k is NOT included. Buy a couple of quarts of oil and keep em stowed in the trunk. If you are constantly getting the add one quart light, and there are no leaks under the car, then you have a bad level sensor...you dont want to overfill the engine with oil.
relax bro, im complaining because i shouldn't have to pay for anything just to top it off ..since i only bought the car 3-4 months ago from the same dealer ..... and im way under 50k miles...well like i said, i bought the extended maintenance for two more years after. and no i dont have leaks under my car...this was my first seeing the oil light come on that says 1quart left of oil ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypeder View Post
you do know that the oil top off only requires 1 quart rightt?...

oh really..i didnt know that ....i would've thought if i only have 1 quart of oil ...that means to fill it up or just go get an oil change from a local shop ..since i was told that my car takes 7 quarts to fill it up..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 01:10 PM   #29
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

u think i'd make it to AKMOTORWERKS with one quart of oil left to get an oil change ? takes me an hr to get to their shop..lol

what bmw oil do u guys use ? bmw dealer told me they have two different kinds ......
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #30
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

DAM ...iono whats going but i just started my car and went out to a store which it was 10 minutes away today.....and i checked the oil through my switches when i got home ..and its lighting up sayin OK and the level is on the line towards MAX ....yesterday i had the yellow oil light lighting up saying 1 qt...WHAT IS GOING ON ...lol now im confuse ....do i need more oil or not ..lolz
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #31
mrx733
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

that's bull'ish....you don't have to pay for anything besides tires regardless of where you bought the car for at least 4 years 50k. if its low on oil any dealership is suppose to top it off no charge. My brothers e90's rear license plate was falling off so my dealer replaced all the crap that holds it in, and tried to charge for it, i just laughed and said no, its sad how dealers try to make like $5.87 on something that's n/c. you need to stand your ground n tell the dealer there idiots. or just call bmw NA when shit like that happens

Quote:
DAM ...and i checked the oil through my switches when i got home ..and its lighting up sayin OK and the level is on the line towards MAX ....yesterday i had the yellow oil light lighting up saying 1 qt...WHAT IS GOING ON ...lol now im confuse ....do i need more oil or not ..lolz
take it to the dealer. customer complains oil level was low one day and max the next

Last edited by mrx733; 04-06-2010 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #32
sq86
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i E92 LMB

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
BMW leases (most actually) automatically include it.

You didn't answer my question...

Haha

BMW CCA Member# 481791
Current: 2013 E92 328i LMB/Saddle Brown (1 of 21 for E92 LCI in that combo), 2018 F31 330xi AW/Saddle Brown
Sold: 2011 1M BS/Black, 2008 E90 328xi AW/Beige, 2001 E46 330xi SG/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 04:40 PM   #33
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
where's park ave bmw ?
THe dealer in on rt.17, but the service center is in South Hackensack, NJ right off rt.46 on Huyler street.

The 2011 3-Series coupe offering the infamous "Harmon Kardon Badging"
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 06:38 PM   #34
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

jesus christ

get together 80 bucks and go to motorwerks west and have them perform an oil change

or order a case of oil for emergency situations.

if you can't afford a $100 oil change, a BMW is not the car for you.

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 08:37 PM   #35
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
jesus christ

get together 80 bucks and go to motorwerks west and have them perform an oil change

or order a case of oil for emergency situations.

if you can't afford a $100 oil change, a BMW is not the car for you.
nobody ever said they can't afford oil changes....im just bringing up a point that the dealer i bought the car from 3 months ago can't even top my oil ...the point is i boughtt he car 3 months ago and i bought the maintenace warranty ...and they can't even do this favor for me ...lolz ..not every one is LOADED with money like you ..lol
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #36
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep

Quote:
nobody ever said they can't afford oil changes....im just bringing up a point that the dealer i bought the car from 3 months ago can't even top my oil ...the point is i boughtt he car 3 months ago and i bought the maintenace warranty ...and they can't even do this favor for me ...lolz ..not every one is LOADED with money like you ..lol
a quart of oil costs $6.20. you don't have to be loaded for that.

there is a reason they are called "stealerships". its foolish to think that they are trying to help you out. the minute you buy the car, the minute their relationship with you ends, unless of course you are a repeat customer, which you didn't indicate.

times have changed when people would top you off with oil for free. i completely understand. trust me, it sucks, but its a bmw. get ready for a long line of out of pocket expenses.

do yourself a favor and buy yourself a case of oil and other maintenance items. depending on a dealer, regardless of how long ago you bought the car, is a recipe for disaster and disappointment in this day and age.

Last edited by PKumarM3; 04-06-2010 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #37
myfirstm
Private
Rep
Drives: m4

paul miller in wayne tried to pull this shit on me yesterday. The kid told me I could go around the corner to parts to "purchase" a quart of oil. yea, SURE. i told them no way i was paying for it. i told them the car was brand new(2009) with only 8k. The kid says well this time we'll pay for it but next time.....yea OK.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #38
tonggi
is FTW!
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 FTW

what did u expect from a dealer? to give you free oil? lol come on bro.

I feel for you. i do. cause it sucks but in the end just buy the oil.
      04-07-2010, 09:26 AM   #39
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep

i never thought people would be willing to spend $40K plus on a car and complain about buying a $6 quart of oil.

and don't start with that "it has to do with the principal". If you buy a bicycle and you need to oil the chain, are you going to ask the store you bought it from to oil up your chains? no, you go and buy some oil and grease the chain up.

there is no difference.

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #40
MusclezMarinara
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: VALNCYA

Garage List
dude thats BS thats all included!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:18 PM   #41
i own an e90
chief general
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92montego View Post
paul miller in wayne tried to pull this shit on me yesterday. The kid told me I could go around the corner to parts to "purchase" a quart of oil. yea, SURE. i told them no way i was paying for it. i told them the car was brand new(2009) with only 8k. The kid says well this time we'll pay for it but next time.....yea OK.
i feel you man ...lolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonggi View Post
what did u expect from a dealer? to give you free oil? lol come on bro.

I feel for you. i do. cause it sucks but in the end just buy the oil.
yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335xi-blk View Post
dude thats BS thats all included!

it shouild be all included...i paid the extra 2k plus for the extended maintenance warranty...dam, i better get the oil freee..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #42
Terrance28
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
free maintenance is a gimmick to get people to buy BMW........just like GAP insurance
I would never get a car without gap insurance.
      04-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #43
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3 and a McDonnell Douglas

Wide world are a bunch of crooks! Stay away!

Got my M3 from JMK, I walk to the parts counter ask for a quart and its no questions asked. They even gave me an extra quart to leave in my trunk.

Oil top offs and changes are the responsibility of the center, regardless weather your car was purchased there or not. If you heard otherwise form your dealer pick up the phone and call BMWNA.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #44
shocka1212
Philanthropist
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKumarM3 View Post
i never thought people would be willing to spend $40K plus on a car and complain about buying a $6 quart of oil.

and don't start with that "it has to do with the principal". If you buy a bicycle and you need to oil the chain, are you going to ask the store you bought it from to oil up your chains? no, you go and buy some oil and grease the chain up.

there is no difference.
hes not complaining, he just wants what he paid for.

The 2011 3-Series coupe offering the infamous "Harmon Kardon Badging"
Appreciate 0