E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > HorsepowerFreaks HPF out of business?!?!?!?!

05-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #177
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedge1967 View Post
Just a FYI... I know Sikh335 (Prem) is banned, but he has donated $100. As much as some people don't like him, he's really a nice guy. So big props to Prem for helping Eric in a time of need.

Prem ~ Thanks brother...
People who don't like him, don't know him.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:54 PM   #178
Wedge1967
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 AT Sport Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
True, so true...
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #179
n54door
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i 6AT FBO - MHD Tuned

Crazy! So i guess this happened a few years back and they just had their day in court?

Last edited by n54door; 05-07-2013 at 11:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:02 PM   #180
foghat
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Perhaps the immortal words of Data apply here?

"I can safely say, that to know him, was to love him. And to love him, was to know him..."
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #181
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Wow, HPF took the E46 M3 to a whole new level.. Sorry to hear..

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:23 PM   #182
JMARS
Not Baned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Single-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post
Crazy! So i guess this happened a few years back and they just had their day in court?
... SMH

Last edited by JMARS; 05-08-2013 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #183
F80M
Major
Rep
Drives: M Fap

So, this donation is to ship the car to Vishnu to get it tuned?

Then, how is the car going to be sent back to Kansas? More donation?

No family members or solider friends offering for help?

Spent last $4k on modifying the car, now crying no money...wtf is this?

You are the one losing your mind not your wife. Let go the car man. Accept it as you cant even afford to buy gas at this point. Grow up and look after your wife and family first. Start fucking modding all you want on the car you love again once you are ready.

Anyways, donation and advice has been made.
Good luck,
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #184
ian2002525
台灣 台北市
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 GT-R Premium

Garage List
2011 335i coupe  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n54door View Post

38 Months jail sentence.... too short
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #185
ian2002525
台灣 台北市
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 GT-R Premium

Garage List
2011 335i coupe  [9.00]
guys check this out:
http://www.murphybusiness.com/autore...-for-sale.aspx
HPF Company for sale....asking $2 Million...not gonna make a deal shortly!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #186
04cbm3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Can we end the lectures! He is a grown a$$ man that made a mistake that wasn't entirely his fault. Best of luck bro and thanks for your service!
      05-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #187
D1swoop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu

The problem is that we don't know if it's more than just a tuning issue. It's more than likely that hardware will have to be modified/changed. This often requires welding and machining equipment that doesn't fit in overhead storage bins.

So what I hear you saying is, that you may completely scrap the hpf hardware?
Guess he'll be changing his name to VFF 335i
LoL
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #188
Lankster
Sigma Alpha Epsilon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Again for those of us who own businesses we all know there are checks and balances that are in place so this does not ever happen. First of all, only owners are usually allowed to write cheques because they are the only ones with direct access to the bank accounts. On sums of money of a couple grand or more it requires the signature of both or all owners for the banks to cash the cheques on the account.

Its reported that the Gross Revenues for HPF was around 4 million dollars annually. That may sound like a lot but thats considered a small company and I am sure the reported 4 million dollars gross revenues is exaggerated slightly. I don't buy that a firm that size could let 200k cash just walk out and nobody notice. That makes no sense at all.
I never said nobody noticed it. They obviously did. But your checks and balances argument is invalid, with all due respect. This is how we had the owner of the largest ponzi scheme in the world as the chairman of the NASDAQ stock exchange, how we have employee theft at banks (in the sums of hundreds of thousands). I have seen a teller take around $450k out of the vault and bail to mexico, obviously we found out that night, but in the mean time we are none the wiser. All the guy at HPF had to do was forge a check and he is in. Im not saying its common, but its not hard to do.

Still a shame that HPF had to get the wrong end of the horse from this guy, and that insurance wouldnt pay them. I wonder why they are only insured for such a little amount.
      05-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #189
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by D1swoop View Post
So what I hear you saying is, that you may completely scrap the hpf hardware?
Guess he'll be changing his name to VFF 335i
LoL
We don't expect to replace anything that doesn't need to be replaced. We aren't trying to make a company flagship. Just going to do what needs to be done to get him back on the road and working properly. Hopefully this only means tuning it. Won't know until we see it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #190
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
People who run anything but your tune or hardware and have interacted with him don't like him. There are legitimate reasons for it too. However, I'm not turning this into a debate or anything more than what I've just said so I'm just leaving it at that.

Ohh, and he's not the only one to donate a relatively large sum.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 01:33 AM   #191
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
People who run anything but your tune or hardware and have interacted with him don't like him. There are legitimate reasons for it too. However, I'm not turning this into a debate or anything more than what I've just said so I'm just leaving it at that.
I've known Prem for some time and he is a solid guy. I've also seen how the internet works and seen how ready people jump into camps, make convenient generalizations and justify being a douchebag to others. There is no reason to be negative in this thread. Goodnight.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 01:55 AM   #192
AYF80
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateLurker View Post
"HPF Twin Scroll Stage 1 (Vishnu Tuned), FMIC, OCC, Exhaust, KW V1, M3 Front & Rear Roll Bars, M3 Control Arms, Rear Toe Arms, M3 Sub Bushings, WT LSD, VMR 710s, Stop Tech Brakes, AEM Boost Pods, CF Boot Lid, Vented CF Hood, M-Tech Front, Aluminum Pedals, LED Shifter, Mat Black front Grill; Lots of extra work... "

FMIC $600
OCC $700
Exhaust $800-1500
KW V1 $1500
Roll Bars $400
M3 Control Arms $550
Wave Trac LSD $1300
VMR Rims $1200-1500
Stop Tech Brakes $1200
M-Tech Front $1200

Collecting pitty money from strangers on the internet for not having $900 to ship your car back to Kansas... PRICELESS
Yeah, I bought all of that stuff over the last 4 years... Most of it was really to support the HPF kit. I also had a bunch of money for this kind of thing, but it was with HPF to use as needed. However that money is now gone since they won’t/can’t give it back to me. I had no idea that I would have to stop out of nowhere and ship my car to someone else; shipping was always covered for me as well.

It got to the point where, the main reason I kept going, was because I devoted so much time. I really do want this over... but right now I’m not in a position to make it happen.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #193
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

It's your money. Spend it how you want to.

I've got a bunch of stock hardware if you decide to go that route (15 miles from FFTEC), but I'd prefer to see that beast running.

You are so close man.

Good luck.
      05-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #194
AYF80
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Octane View Post
So, this donation is to ship the car to Vishnu to get it tuned?

Then, how is the car going to be sent back to Kansas? More donation?

No family members or solider friends offering for help?

Spent last $4k on modifying the car, now crying no money...wtf is this?

You are the one losing your mind not your wife. Let go the car man. Accept it as you cant even afford to buy gas at this point. Grow up and look after your wife and family first. Start fucking modding all you want on the car you love again once you are ready.

Anyways, donation and advice has been made.
Good luck,
Thanks for your questions. In the next week or two I am hoping to recover some or most of the money that HPF has of mine. "If" that happens, ill have the money needed to get it back to my house.

Again, I didn’t spend my last 4,000 on my car. It was in the HPF Pay Pal account, yes, for small modifications, and or unsuspected issues that I may have to pay for. But I cannot recover that money right now and I don’t have any other cash set aside at the moment to make that all happen in the time frame I have to work with.

Your advice is very good. But the cost of waiting till I’m ready will be higher at this point. 1. I can’t leave my car there. And second, I would have to buy another car just for transportation.

As for the car itself, I only Own a 50,000 car because I bought it after my first deployment and I "thought I had money". I was actually trying to sell my car just before HPF contacted me. I thought maybe I’d have them put the kit on and it would make it easier to sell or by then I’d have more money (I was leaving for my second deployment) and id be able to keep it. After about 6 months of owning the car I knew I should have never bought it. But I owed too much and I could not get rid of it.

I have known that I was way over my head for about a at least a year now... but when do I pull out? I was only in this project because HPF was paying for everything and would support me is I had issues with the kit. I’ve made some bad decisions, but to be honest… Once I got into the project, I wanted to see it through and bring forth the first single turbo for the BMW community. But we all know that didn’t happen.

I’m not asking for help…

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #195
AYF80
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
It's your money. Spend it how you want to.

I've got a bunch of stock hardware if you decide to go that route (15 miles from FFTEC), but I'd prefer to see that beast running.

You are so close man.

Good luck.
Yeah man for sure, If Shiv can’t figure it out... I should only need a set of stock Turbos and maybe some other small things. Ill most likely sell the car the first chance i get.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 02:41 AM   #196
AYF80
Major
Rep

For every one who has helped me out, I thank you very much!

For those of you who are hating, you have no idea what I have gone through over the last almost 4 years now with this project. In the end, It was for all of us. I thought I would bring forth the first single turbo for everyone... But that went horribly wrong and I have been looking for a way out and an end to this for a long time. Anyway, I know I’m not needed anymore; there are a bunch of other products out now for everyone.

I’m just trying to end this. If Shiv gets my car up and running, I’ll sell my car to anyone with a good offer. As someone stated yesterday, I need to stop the bleeding. And many of you are right; I don’t have money, so i should not be in this situation... I agree. But I was not planning on THIS happening right NOW.

Thanks for the support everyone...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #197
MR. BONEZ
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335I 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
For every one who has helped me out, I thank you very much!

For those of you who are hating, you have no idea what I have gone through over the last almost 4 years now with this project. In the end, It was for all of us. I thought I would bring forth the first single turbo for everyone... But that went horribly wrong and I have been looking for a way out and an end to this for a long time. Anyway, I know I’m not needed anymore; there are a bunch of other products out now for everyone.

I’m just trying to end this. If Shiv gets my car up and running, I’ll sell my car to anyone with a good offer. As someone stated yesterday, I need to stop the bleeding. And many of you are right; I don’t have money, so i should not be in this situation... I agree. But I was not planning on THIS happening right NOW.

Thanks for the support everyone...
Yup no problem and if you need anything when you get back help working on it or anything I would be more then happy to make a trip to junction city. Your more then welcome to come to salina to.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #198
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I've also seen how the internet works and seen how ready people jump into camps, make convenient generalizations and justify being a douchebag to others. There is no reason to be negative in this thread. Goodnight.
I couldn't agree more. With that said, you have guys like wedge and Marv who are in opposite camps and some how have managed to remain "good guys" with the community as a whole and have done nothing but support and help the community whenever possible. At some point maybe the problem isn't everyone else and a small(or large) adjustment may become necessary for the individual in order to let other people see the "good guy" that you and wedge say he his. I'm honestly not trying to bring negativity into this at all I'm just saying that... Well, I'm not entirely sure what I'm try to say.
Appreciate 0