Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave Help

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

06-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #23
Dcara
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze View Post
I've talked to forgestar directly as well as sonic tuning and we both were 100% positive that Super Deep Concave would not fit in front without quite a bit of work. This is what I was told:

ME:

Alright thanks, I don't mean to be a pain but just to clarify the the 19x9.5 et20 I run now is smaller than the F14 SDC 19x9.5 et 20? Because it does poke a very tiny bit as of now as you can see If you zoom in but is very manageable to drive with. And if the 19x9.5 et 20 clears both hub and caliper the only reason for it to not fit is the width of the rim. So I'm assuming despite the same specs as my current rim, the barrel of the SDC is larger than mine in width?

Sonic Tuning
That is correct. The barrel of the SDC is much larger than most, but they needed a large barrel to be able to get the super deep concave look. If you plan on pulling your fenders or doing a custom widebody kit then yea you can fit it the, but work like that is thousands of dollars.

Thus why you haven't seen a non M car pull off all SDC yet. The only ones I've seen that ran SDC all around was a M3 with 19x9.5 et 13. Not saying it'll be impossible to do just gotta do some work on the fitment

I had the same convo with them. Wonder if we can fit regular concave up front rather than the semi concave.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 10:36 AM   #24
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara View Post
I had the same convo with them. Wonder if we can fit regular concave up front rather than the semi concave.
deep will work in front with the 19x9.5 et 20
      06-18-2013, 10:39 AM   #25
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92

we'll I guess ill be the first non-m car to fit SDC all around my e92
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #26
Dcara
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda View Post
Keep us posted! I'm dying to do it if I can get away without fender work.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 11:38 AM   #27
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcara
Quote:
Keep us posted! I'm dying to do it if I can get away without fender work.
I actually got my rear fenders trimmed and camber plates in the front. I got the wheels already, but im waiting for my stud conversion kit to come in so I can get everything done at once.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #28
TRUTH335
Banned
Rep
Drives: ----FAT------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH335 View Post
He's not having trouble at all still waiting on parts before install. Why do seem to think its so aggressive. It's not that hard of a fit just like yours.

Just look at kkakonn fronts. His specs are almost exactly the same

You pm'd me a week ago but it got erased pm me if you still need my opinion dude
I've talked to forgestar directly as well as sonic tuning and we both were 100% positive that Super Deep Concave would not fit in front without quite a bit of work. This is what I was told:

ME:

Alright thanks, I don't mean to be a pain but just to clarify the the 19x9.5 et20 I run now is smaller than the F14 SDC 19x9.5 et 20? Because it does poke a very tiny bit as of now as you can see If you zoom in but is very manageable to drive with. And if the 19x9.5 et 20 clears both hub and caliper the only reason for it to not fit is the width of the rim. So I'm assuming despite the same specs as my current rim, the barrel of the SDC is larger than mine in width?

Sonic Tuning
That is correct. The barrel of the SDC is much larger than most, but they needed a large barrel to be able to get the super deep concave look. If you plan on pulling your fenders or doing a custom widebody kit then yea you can fit it the, but work like that is thousands of dollars.

Thus why you haven't seen a non M car pull off all SDC yet. The only ones I've seen that ran SDC all around was a M3 with 19x9.5 et 13. Not saying it'll be impossible to do just gotta do some work on the fitment

Companies say alot of things man. Lol. His offset in front is pretty much the exact same upfront unless there saying it will have brake clearance issues then he will be fine with the right work and adjustments.

I remember you pm'd me about a new wheel set up and I never got to reply. Pm me again if you still need my help.

P
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 03:47 PM   #29
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Companies say alot of things man. Lol. His offset in front is pretty much the exact same upfront unless there saying it will have brake clearance issues then he will be fine with the right work and adjustments.

I remember you pm'd me about a new wheel set up and I never got to reply. Pm me again if you still need my help.

P
When did I PM you?

and this is what forgestar told me:

Unless you have a BBK on the front the wheels will not clear so you either have to go with a lower offset or stick with Deep Concave. When it comes to concave wheels and the limitations of the brake clearance not all wheels are the same. You can run a Deep Concave on the front with a +20 and it will clear the brakes but a Super Deep Concave with a +20 will not clear because there will be no material on the mounting pad.

the minimum would be 19x9.5 et 13 from what I've seen

No doubt at the end of the day it'll probably work but considering the guys at forgestar have tried fitting it before and can say that it really doesnt work out that easily. If it was like fitting a normal 19x9.5 et 20 im sure many others would already have had the setup. When I contacted them and asked about sizing and I was talking about SDC 19x11 and 19x12 it didn't seem to even faze him yet 19x9.5 in front does
      06-18-2013, 03:53 PM   #30
OvalsE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aw/Cr

i want to get the same rims from forgestar just want super deep concave so from what i read i cant pull a SDC all around correct? and i got the blistein euro suspension if that helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #31
TRUTH335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianeze
Quote:

P
When did I PM you?

and this is what forgestar told me:

Unless you have a BBK on the front the wheels will not clear so you either have to go with a lower offset or stick with Deep Concave. When it comes to concave wheels and the limitations of the brake clearance not all wheels are the same. You can run a Deep Concave on the front with a +20 and it will clear the brakes but a Super Deep Concave with a +20 will not clear because there will be no material on the mounting pad.

the minimum would be 19x9.5 et 13 from what I've seen

No doubt at the end of the day it'll probably work but considering the guys at forgestar have tried fitting it before and can say that it really doesnt work out that easily. If it was like fitting a normal 19x9.5 et 20 im sure many others would already have had the setup. When I contacted them and asked about sizing and I was talking about SDC 19x11 and 19x12 it didn't seem to even faze him yet 19x9.5 in front does
I hear you that the brake clearance could be a problem but I would of hoped he checked with them before purchasing.

And you did pm me bud you just don't remember me I think.

Also 12" on a pre LCI is very easy to fit they go right on without any real issues.

---P---

Last edited by TRUTH335; 06-18-2013 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 04:12 PM   #32
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
ME:

... the only reason for it to not fit is the width of the rim. So I'm assuming despite the same specs as my current rim, the barrel of the SDC is larger than mine in width?

Sonic Tuning
That is correct. The barrel of the SDC is much larger than most, but they needed a large barrel to be able to get the super deep concave look. ...
that makes no sense. why would a 9.5 inch width wheel not be the same as another 9.5 inch width wheel?? i could understand a couple millimeter differences, but that's it... a couple.

if the wheel barrel needed to be widened to make a more concave design, that means exactly what happened - the width was widened. otherwise, that's like X-brand wheel company saying "our 8.5-inch wheel is the most concave" and they use a 9.5-inch wheel but try to market it as a "really wide 8.5-inch". LOL this shit aint no tire.

p.s. - i must be the tallest 5'10" guy ever.........

jm3as hooks it up
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #33
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

They might mean internal spacing in the barrel. I know there are fitment issues with SDC because the there is less internal material on the mounting face where you bolt it up. If they say it won't fit. I would trust that it won't fit very well if at all.

I have F14's but the SDC was not out when I got mine. Anyway, the fitment they gave went on without a hitch.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #34
Dcara
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwhiz View Post
They might mean internal spacing in the barrel. I know there are fitment issues with SDC because the there is less internal material on the mounting face where you bolt it up. If they say it won't fit. I would trust that it won't fit very well if at all.

I have F14's but the SDC was not out when I got mine. Anyway, the fitment they gave went on without a hitch.
Did the offsets they recommended for you fit nice and flush with no rubbing
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #35
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just to question the issue of clearing the front brakes with my 19x9.5 et 18, a et 13 will clear, so 5mm shouldn't make that big of a difference...? :/
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 11:06 PM   #36
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunda
Just to question the issue of clearing the front brakes with my 19x9.5 et 18, a et 13 will clear, so 5mm shouldn't make that big of a difference...? :/
I was told you must go lower so yes the 5mm will be a factor. Just more camber or stretch
      06-18-2013, 11:27 PM   #37
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I just checked with Pat at sonic tuning and forgestars website and they both said it clears the BBK, which is much larger than stock brakes, so I guess you were misinformed. Heres a link to forgestar's website:

http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf14.php

Quote:
I was told you must go lower so yes the 5mm will be a factor. Just more camber or stretch
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #38
TRUTH335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I just checked with Pat at sonic tuning and forgestars website and they both said it clears the BBK, which is much larger than stock brakes, so I guess you were misinformed. Heres a link to forgestar's website:

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 12:34 AM   #39
hawaiianeze
Major Pain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

It clears BBKs because the caliper gets pushed outward due to the larger rotor thus giving it more room near the hub to clear
      06-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #40
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

5mm is actually a lot and can definitely make or break you in terms of fitment.

It seems like the issue is the stock brakes are too small and the back side of the spokes on the SDC won't clear the calipers. BBKs push the calipers farther out so there is more clearance with the inside of the spokes.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 02:47 AM   #41
Dr. G
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black e92 335i

Garage List
e92 BMW 335i  [8.84]
Quote:

It's not the diameter, but the distance the caliper and rotor surface sit from the hub which causes problems. If the bbk sits further back that will be the reason that the wheels work.

Just grab a 5mm spacer and add 0.9 degrees camber to offset those 5mm.
JB4 / OSS Angel Eyes / Downpipes / F1-Racewerks FMIC / Custom Meth Kit / BMS DCI / ER Chargepipe / HKS BOV / BMS Meth Elbow / BMW Performance Exhaust / Carbon Fiber Inlay Quad Tips / 19" Miro 111 / Front Aero Lip / M3 Sides / VRS CSL Trunk / Mtech Rear / DD CF Quad Finned Diffuser / LCI Tails / BBK / Smoked Reflectors / F1 Euphoria LED Interior / License LED's / GT 5000k Corners / 5000k HID Fogs / Air Scoops / LED Turn Signals / FK Silverline Coilovers / HPA endlinks / Vibrant Resonators / Osram CBI 5000k D1S
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #42
OvalsE92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Aw/Cr

so i cannot run these SDC rims all around ?or if i can what do i need to do .
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2013, 09:47 AM   #43
P Casey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Sure you can. Just gunna have to stretch the tires a bit.
      06-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #44
TRUTH335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Casey
Sure you can. Just gunna have to stretch the tires a bit.
Oh man these people listen to the companies to much and don't have faith or the know how with fitting this sort of thing.

Don't worry Gunda you know I will be there to help make these fit

See you Friday for test fitment. Lol

---P---
Appreciate 0