E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E90 Climate Control

12-16-2019, 09:26 AM   #1
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

E90 Climate Control

Hey all,
I am having a bit of an annoyance with my climate control in my 2010 335 LCI.
I feel like the fan will not maintain a normal or steady speed. Its little below freezing here and I have the interior set for 19 Celsius. The fan seem to alter between being on quite high or almost completely off to keep the interior at the set temp. I am confused why the fan wont just stay on lower or medium to keep the interior comfortable (once its warmed up). Its getting on my nerves hearing the fan going back and forth between blasting and almost off.
I really cant remember if this is normal or if it did this last winter. If anyone else has noticed this or any input would be great. thanks
      12-23-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
ewicky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi 4D AT

Is the fan speed set to auto?
One thing that can cause this on auto mode is if the misting (windshield fogging) sensor is sensing fog forming. It could be fogging or a faulty sensor.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 01:31 PM   #3
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewicky View Post
Is the fan speed set to auto?
One thing that can cause this on auto mode is if the misting (windshield fogging) sensor is sensing fog forming. It could be fogging or a faulty sensor.
Wow thank you for this! I believe this is exactly the problem. It’s kicking the ac on high to front defrost. (Even withauto and ac turned off).
I did have my window replaced this summer and I believe they just re glued the condensation sensor which is a no no.

For anyone else having this issue with Erratic fan speeds this is the part number:

Part # 64-11-6-928-326

Thanks again.