E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > BMW Performance BBK (yellow calipers)

10-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #1
Forkhandles
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: 335d

BMW Performance BBK (yellow calipers)

Hi All,
I recently bought an e92 335d '07 plate with the above kit fitted front & back. The discs & pads are on there way out all round, and just wanted to ask you knowledgeable guys for some info (as my local BMW refused to speak as "they are not meant for my car" ).
Firstly are the BMW performance brake discs all the same size? As I've trawled through the internet & found that there are 4 fitting kits (1 & 3 series).
Secondly any disc measurements (fronts I think are 338 x 26mm?).
& lastly any experience on the best pad makes for fast road & where to buy (both disc & pads) a little cheaper would great.
Thanks in advance & apologize if someone else has asked the above
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

I've not found the parts department in my BMW dealership too helpful either. They seem to get very suspicious when I ask them anything.

Not sure about whether the brakes will fit, though I'd be very interested to hear what other more knowledgeable members have to say. AP Racing brake set ups cost upwards of 3.5K and that's without labour!

I've heard EBC red stuff are the dogs danglies.

What are the other options guys... Brembo etc? Not to hijack the thread, but if different rotors are used, does this deal with the rusty hub issue (I believe EBC make these too)?

I take it these changes do not invalidate the warranty?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #3
spirocheter
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F11 535d, E90 335d

Just found this link which talks about EBC rotors and pads (sort of answered my own question):

http://www.angeltuning.co.uk/bmw-335...ng-tuning.aspx

I know Demon Tweeks stock EBC products, I was very impressed with them today when they fitted my winter tyres, so it is likely will use them again. This said, if you go to EBC website, there are a great number of vendors for their products.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
allways thought the 335d or i front brakes where bigger standard,so swapping them for Performance seemed a waste, as its just for looks really, there ment for 330d or i,
i think you need tony to sort it out
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #5
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
The part number for the front pads (originals for the 3 Series) is:

34 11 6786044 Jurid 310

The pair cost £113.13 inc vat

I got them from:
www.bmminiparts.co.uk

I'm sure they'll be able to help with discs and rear pads/discs

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Forkhandles
Registered
England
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
allways thought the 335d or i front brakes where bigger standard,so swapping them for Performance seemed a waste, as its just for looks really, there ment for 330d or i,
i think you need tony to sort it out
I've read many threads regarding the +'s & -'s of these brakes & agree with what you say to a point, but they do look the nuts. It's just the car was bought by me with these on & I'm just looking for renewing the discs & pads (as per my questions above).

& Cheers Hotcoupe for your help!

Last edited by Forkhandles; 10-18-2011 at 12:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 03:04 AM   #7
Adil
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci M Sport

I think EBC red stuff are meant for track days as they only work properly once they are warmed up....Word of warning if buying EBC discs jsut be aware that if you have any vibration issues they use a disclaimer statign that its not the fault of there product and its the installers fault and they advise skimming at your further cost. My mechanic installed some on my e46 and straight away i had vibration issues and when he put the old discs back the vibration was gone. Rang up EBC who told me to look at there disclaimer and basically said take the discs to northampton to there workshop tio have them skimmed na dpay the cost. I was'nt impressed and to this day there just sitting in my box pretty much brand new.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 03:42 AM   #8
335iLondon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i Msport

Red stuff are for daily driving, and are softer than what you maybe looking for, but have good bite from cold and less dust than OEM
For better perf look to yellow stuff pads, for fast road and light track +low dust.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

I fitted EBC drilled and groves discs on my car and the first set had to be returned as they where warped and the second set where okay but slight vibration when braking from 70 ish.
Tried to return but as mentioned had to get them skimmed. Cost me £75 and has sorted the problem out and having just returned from 3 days at the ring am fairly content. I would not buy EBC again as have never had this prob with AP etc. I run yellow stuff pads all round and have always been pleased with them for track but would recommend red stuff for Dailey use!
      11-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #10
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
135i pads and discs will fit.
      11-02-2011, 06:01 PM   #11
m1bjr
LSD - No, you're not seeing things
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Baby F36 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiesecker View Post
I would not buy EBC again as have never had this prob with AP etc.

I run yellow stuff pads all round and have always been pleased with them for track but would recommend red stuff for Dailey use!
I use Yellows on my DD and they are as good as oem, and once hot much better.
The Reds are pointless on such a heavy and powerful car.
      11-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
westsidee90
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90

i have fitted the bmw performance bbk to the mrs touring front and rear running red stuff pads up front and standard pads that come with the BBK for the rear havent had any issues with them so far.

The rear discs son the bbk are different to one series bud (the handbraake shoes) sits different so your need the correct discs for your 3 series its listed on realoem
Appreciate 0