E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > How to approach neighbour....

08-07-2014, 03:08 AM   #45
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

I hope you get it sorted mate! never let this go!

I hoope you have been recording your conversations.

He has admitted it was him basically.

You can say that if he wants to go through insurance, you firstly have to file a report with the police about it being a hit and run initially.

That will also put points and possible court on his licence

Say he has that option, or to cough up the money
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #46
Icekube
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Why would it? His car was parked.... neighbour has damage on his vehicle!

There is no way it'll go 50/50
its his word against his neighbours(or rather his neighbours insurance company), there is no physical evidence that the car was parked.

so without a signed, written confession from the guy sent to his insurance company, saying that he ran into the car, it will be 50/50
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 04:54 AM   #47
nicktyler
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i (sadly gone)

Garage List
I think a word against word will go 50/50 unless you can use those text messages as evidence.

That pay in installments is total BS. Do not do that. You already know the guy is a grade A+ prick. If you even get the first payment that will be it.

I would record it with the police now and then tell him you have taken advice from the management company and you want all the money this week or they are going to take the text messages and photos and screw him (even if that is not true).

Also I am +1 for a non fault claim making no difference to my premium, actually came down.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 05:23 AM   #48
Rudz
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335D xDrive Shadow Edition

Sam u do have a Dashcam don't u? Did it capture anything ? The damage was in the front so u might have something mate ?
      08-07-2014, 05:42 AM   #49
DMH-01
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335d M Sport

Have you contacted the company he works for?

There's a reason why he is offering to pay out of his own pocket rather than let his company insurance deal with the matter, perhaps his company wouldn't be too happy with him being involved in another accident.

If our drivers are involved in an accident it's the company who pays the £250 excess, the driver doesn't pay a penny.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 11:50 AM   #50
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Why would it? His car was parked.... neighbour has damage on his vehicle!

There is no way it'll go 50/50
Jamel
In this rude world, it will go 50/50 as he can equally say that I damaged his car.

It will be my words against his except if court accepts text messages as valid proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoro35i View Post
Sam, not all accident will increase your premium. If you actually search around at the time or renewal, some will offer u less than what you paid for. Uncle had 2 accidents ( not his fault) within 2 years abd every year his insurance goes down.

If you're going to loose out , i would rather claim his insurance and get the car sorted out properly. Yes you mighy increase your premium, well , he will be fcuk too!

Also hire car or courtesy car usuallyy comes with a 500-1000 excess.
He's c**t and using car insurance. He had made himself clear multiple times that it does not cost him a penny if it goes through the insurance.

Not sure about the courtesy car though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
I hope you get it sorted mate! never let this go!

I hoope you have been recording your conversations.

He has admitted it was him basically.

You can say that if he wants to go through insurance, you firstly have to file a report with the police about it being a hit and run initially.

That will also put points and possible court on his licence

Say he has that option, or to cough up the money
Given him the time frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktyler View Post
I think a word against word will go 50/50 unless you can use those text messages as evidence.

That pay in installments is total BS. Do not do that. You already know the guy is a grade A+ prick. If you even get the first payment that will be it.

I would record it with the police now and then tell him you have taken advice from the management company and you want all the money this week or they are going to take the text messages and photos and screw him (even if that is not true).

Also I am +1 for a non fault claim making no difference to my premium, actually came down.
Will have to go down that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudz View Post
Sam u do have a Dashcam don't u? Did it capture anything ? The damage was in the front so u might have something mate ?
Rudz
I have set it that when battery voltage reaches 11.7V it stops recording.
I parked my car 8pm in the evening and he has done that next morning at 7-8am.
I checked all the videos but since battery reached 11.7, dashcam was off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH-01 View Post

If our drivers are involved in an accident it's the company who pays the £250 excess, the driver doesn't pay a penny.
He is very clear since day one that it will cost him nothing if it goes through insurance. When I mentioned that my premium will / may go up, and I would like to settle it on cash basis, then he stated we would have to check with his budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH-01 View Post
Have you contacted the company he works for?

There's a reason why he is offering to pay out of his own pocket rather than let his company insurance deal with the matter, perhaps his company wouldn't be too happy with him being involved in another accident.
Not yet.

I am being extra careful not to escalate anything yet. I have given him time frame to pay me full amount by Sunday.
If nothing happens, I will be reporting it to police and take it further.
      08-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #51
JJ0063
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

I work in the industry, if you have proof the car was parked then you have no chance of it being settled 50/50. It's a fault claim on his part all day long! He's also admitted it.

You're right in saying some companies load for a non-fault claim - but not all do (We don't)

I 100% wouldn't settle for anything apart from full payment. I've heard way too many stories of this sort of thing ending with one payment being made & then being given the middle finger.

If you're happy to settle out of insurance then accept nothing but complete payment, and a written receipt.

If he won't do that, go down the insurance route without a doubt. If you explain the claims to insurers, you should have no problems. Alternatively PM me at renewal & I'll try and personally help!

Jordan
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #52
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

I will throw this out there....

Everyone on this forum knows Mak or has had some work done by him or knows someone that has or he has helped with your own projects, and he seems a proper nice guy... From what I can make out he just don't want any grief coming back on his family as he has said this guy is a cock, but he is a cock that lives next to him....

I think he should go down the insurance route as this guy is taking the piss...

So I will put up £20 if mak takes it to insurance.... There are a lot of people on here who respect this guy for his knowledge and help...

Put ya money where ya mouth is.. even a pound will do...

If it goes to insurance and we loose, at least we can sort out his new M1 bumper...

I hope you don't take this as any disrespect Mak but I see on here you help so many people - Time for payback...

So what do ya think guys - is this a community or what.....
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2014, 03:27 PM   #53
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ0063 View Post
I work in the industry, if you have proof the car was parked then you have no chance of it being settled 50/50. It's a fault claim on his part all day long! He's also admitted it.

You're right in saying some companies load for a non-fault claim - but not all do (We don't)

I 100% wouldn't settle for anything apart from full payment. I've heard way too many stories of this sort of thing ending with one payment being made & then being given the middle finger.

If you're happy to settle out of insurance then accept nothing but complete payment, and a written receipt.

If he won't do that, go down the insurance route without a doubt. If you explain the claims to insurers, you should have no problems. Alternatively PM me at renewal & I'll try and personally help!

Jordan
Jordan
Many thanks for your help. If it goes down the insurance route and if I struggle on renewal, I will give you shout. And thanks for offering the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy View Post
I will throw this out there....

Everyone on this forum knows Mak or has had some work done by him or knows someone that has or he has helped with your own projects, and he seems a proper nice guy... From what I can make out he just don't want any grief coming back on his family as he has said this guy is a cock, but he is a cock that lives next to him....

I think he should go down the insurance route as this guy is taking the piss...

So I will put up £20 if mak takes it to insurance.... There are a lot of people on here who respect this guy for his knowledge and help...

Put ya money where ya mouth is.. even a pound will do...

If it goes to insurance and we loose, at least we can sort out his new M1 bumper...

I hope you don't take this as any disrespect Mak but I see on here you help so many people - Time for payback...

So what do ya think guys - is this a community or what.....

Mate, you seems to be a very nice guy and thanks for being so kind.

I do not think that any forum member should pay any penny out of their pocket because somebody else made a mistake.

Thanks for the offer mate, but as I stated, I will get the money out of that chap or via his insurance.

I am just trying to sort it out without involving insurance as the chap assured me that everything will go smoothly.

We finally agreed on two payments, one is instant and other on the pay day of this month. He is the only working person in the family and his wife is pregnant again. So, just understood his situation and complied with what he has offered.

So hopefully this is the end of this.

I will get the bumper repaired after full payment.

And will still go for M3 replica bumper and LCI conversion. I was going to change the headlights to LCI anyway, so the scratch will devalue the headlights approx £50-100 which I can let go.

I just hope that he learns the lesson and stop messing others with his careless driving. Car is in garage for repair and he already messed with replacement car.

Thanks to all of you who tried to help me here. Really appreciate it and love being on this forum as members are very kind and friendly.
      08-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #54
rufnekfatboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport Conv

Makkan, I hope I did not over step the mark with my post, but I honestly believe this guy is going to tuck you up - I hope he don't mate I really do....
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 06:32 AM   #55
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufnekfatboy
Makkan, I hope I did not over step the mark with my post, but I honestly believe this guy is going to tuck you up - I hope he don't mate I really do....
Not at all mate.
I am sure that I will deal with him somehow if he tries to be ....
      08-09-2014, 02:55 AM   #56
breathe3asy
Captain
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 340i F30

Garage List
E92 325i  [10.00]
I think once this is done with we should all meet up for a group hug what you think guys
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #57
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaton88
I think once this is done with we should all meet up for a group hug what you think guys
Sure, we'll do.
      08-10-2014, 01:06 AM   #58
scooba0010
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32 430D-MOTORSPORT

Sam is a great guy !, I have had advice on my sons car that he has now sold , I also will donate £20 to the cause where do we send the money ? Paypal address ? or just giving ?.

The guy next door sounds a complete to$$er
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #59
Touringchris
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 E91 330D Touring

Makkan where abouts in Essex are you? Im in southend, will have to keep an eye out for your car!
Appreciate 0