E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > HALOGEN Angel eye bulb code for 08 sedan...

12-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
bromandude
Banned
Rep
Drives: 135i

HALOGEN Angel eye bulb code for 08 sedan...

what the heck is the bulb code?

i have coded the angel eyes to be brighter but want to buy GP thunders 7500k like my friend did in his coupe. they look great with turned up voltage but i know my angel eye bulb is not the h8 model and all i can find are LED kits that don't say what kind of halogen bulb?

i looked on replacement bulb diagrams and they dont even have angel eyes listed. help would be appreciated if anyone knows the bulb code.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
bromandude
Banned
Rep

cool no one knows?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

So i had to read this a few times, but i understand what you are asking now. If you have a 2008 sedan with xenon headlights, then there is no halogen bulb upgrade for those lights. They use a custom designed bulb and there is no halogen replacement available. As well you cant code your lights to be brighter since that is not a feature with the 08 sedans, only the coupes.

The only option you have available would be to purchase a LED bulb replacement, such as our LUX e90 V5.2 angel eyes .
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
bromandude
Banned
Rep

thanks for that info. i was going out of my mind trying to find the bulb code.

however I will say I definitely coded the stock angel eyes to 13.7 volts. and verified they got brighter, as well as they no longer dim when the headlights are switched on.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromandude View Post
thanks for that info. i was going out of my mind trying to find the bulb code.

however I will say I definitely coded the stock angel eyes to 13.7 volts. and verified they got brighter, as well as they no longer dim when the headlights are switched on.
they never dim when you turn on the headlights, only the Coupes do that. if you overdrive the bulb to 13.7 v you will shorten its life though.
Appreciate 0