E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Scratch

04-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #1
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 3 M Sport

Scratch

I have an itch again.

Its a rash and its been diagnosed as M135i and it won't go away.

Can I have some wisdom from those in the know,
I've got a deal on the table which looks like this.

10% of the purchase price of the car (including options)
5.9% apr

But the sour bit is £16500px for my 320d

I kinda thought it was worth a touch more
Spec is 320d sport plus
Pro nav
H/k
Leather
Vis pack/xenons
16500miles
Registered oct 2010

Glasses/parkers don't factor for the options, maybe they are worthless come resale? Anyone fancy throwing in what they reckon it's worth?
Cheers, Lee
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 318i M Sport E91

E90 or E91?

Blue, Black or White?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
What you get for PX is pretty irrelevant. They could give you £0 but knock 20 grand off your purchase price or give you £18k for your car and knock nothing off the price (you lose out on 2k) but you'd feel happier knowing you got a better PX!

£16500 isn't really that bad for 2 1/2 years old, although you do have good options. It is an old model now too.

You are taking finance so you should be able to negotiate a bit more if you really want to. The important things are the list price and the total cost to you over the full finance period
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy View Post
What you get for PX is pretty irrelevant. They could give you £0 but knock 20 grand off your purchase price or give you £18k for your car and knock nothing off the price (you lose out on 2k) but you'd feel happier knowing you got a better PX!

£16500 isn't really that bad for 2 1/2 years old, although you do have good options. It is an old model now too.

You are taking finance so you should be able to negotiate a bit more if you really want to. The important things are the list price and the total cost to you over the full finance period
^^What he said^^

Looking at BMW AUC, most are going for about 20K.

A friend has just bought a 60 plate 520D Msport. was given 8.5K for his 56 320D Msport He managed to knock 15% of his monthly repayments.

Last edited by Sportplus; 04-11-2013 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
mowflow
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Golf 7R

I thought the apr was 4.9%. 10% is a good discount most have got around that some got a little higher but not many.

Can't comment on the trade price for the 320d. However, have you tried webuyanycar and wewillbuyyourcar or whatever they are called. There have been a few post here and on other forums lately where people have got their best trade/sale prices from these places. It certainly won't hurt to ask.
      04-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #6
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Well I did a bit more digging and it's probably slightly undervalued so will hold out and see if they budge.

It's an e90 alpine white.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy
What you get for PX is pretty irrelevant. They could give you 0 but knock 20 grand off your purchase price or give you 18k for your car and knock nothing off the price (you lose out on 2k) but you'd feel happier knowing you got a better PX!

16500 isn't really that bad for 2 1/2 years old, although you do have good options. It is an old model now too.

Without sounding rude, what I get px is totally relevant, if I know I'm getting 10% off the final purchase price I know what financial discount I'm receiving, hence a better understanding of my px offer.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #8
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Lee, what colour, spec are you going for in the 135i, is it a stock car or are you factory order?
      04-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #9
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Lee, what colour, spec are you going for in the 135i, is it a stock car or are you factory order?
Hi gibbo,
Factory order, estoril blue, pro nav, H/k, sun protection glass and most probably sport auto but will decide that on a test drive. I am not going to be in any hurry though, I will wait to see if they start chasing me for the sale either way it's the next car I want to get into.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 02:42 AM   #10
Sportplus
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetennis View Post
Without sounding rude, what I get px is totally relevant, if I know I'm getting 10% off the final purchase price I know what financial discount I'm receiving, hence a better understanding of my px offer.
Is 10% the max discount you’re going to get? Dealers massage figures as they have more room to manoeuvre on new cars and can offset the PX figure.

How are you paying the difference? If it’s a cash deal then yes the PX matters but if it's monthly repayment then PX isn't AS important as it's more down to the monthly repayment figure.

Do i make any sense??
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 04:34 AM   #11
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I think you missed my point. They dealer can give you a great px and a crap discount or a crap px and a good discount. You can generate two completely different combinations of these numbers will the same total price.

If you are paying list price the dealer will give you a fantastic sounding PX, if you are getting a good deal already your PX might be on the lower side.

What matters though is the price you are paying for the new car. Whether you negotiate a better PX or more discount on the new car is up to you. £1000 extra PX is the same as £1000 off the new car price.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #12
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
As others have said the PX value will vary hugely depending on how keen/unkeen they are to shift the car your potentially buying, and what kind of offer they can do on the sticker price of the car they are selling.

BMW offered me a fantastic PX on my 350Z against a 335i (nearly £2K more than anywhere else).

Theres two possible reasons:

1) They REALLY REALLY wanted my 350Z.
2) The 335i I was buying off them was about £2K overpriced, but it looked good for the saleman he was able to shift it without having to drop too much on the sticker price.

But I didn't really care, at the end of the day I paid what I wanted to pay to move from the 350Z into a 335i.

Last edited by gangzoom; 04-12-2013 at 04:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
leetennis
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djgandy
Quote:
I think you missed my point. They dealer can give you a great px and a crap discount or a crap px and a good discount. You can generate two completely different combinations of these numbers will the same total price.

If you are paying list price the dealer will give you a fantastic sounding PX, if you are getting a good deal already your PX might be on the lower side.

What matters though is the price you are paying for the new car. Whether you negotiate a better PX or more discount on the new car is up to you. 1000 extra PX is the same as 1000 off the new car price.
But I know my level of discount...
So I am trying to establish whether my px is inline with the level of discount offered. Of course if they offered me a greater discount I would expect a worse px.

From what I can piece together it's not a massive deal. It's ok but not a great push to make a sale so I will hold, tempting but not tipping me over the edge. Another 1k on my px I think I would have done it, but I only feel that way because I've seen someone else's deal which looked better!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #14
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Quote:
But I know my level of discount...
So I am trying to establish whether my px is inline with the level of discount offered. Of course if they offered me a greater discount I would expect a worse px.
You know what they have told you the discount is....but theres no guaranteeing that is the actual figure they will account for....

That 10% could actually only be 5%, but they may have told you its 10% to make you feel better, and knocked a bit off your trade in price to make up for it.....perhaps....??

Cost to change always has to be the bottom line when you have a trade in to consider.

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0