E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > 335iS Thread - [ Owners Only ]

01-09-2017, 01:29 AM   #5061
milkb4cereal
Registered
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM/CR 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
so does this apply to all 2011-2013 335is' or just ones that mistakenly received the recall letter?
I got a letter on my '11 but not my '13, wondering this too
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #5062
DRock3d
Kraut Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i GC/2011 335is DCT

Garage List
2014 650i Gran Coupe  [0.00]
2011 335is  [1.00]
2007 328i  [2.00]
I think the previous owner got them done already, I believe I have an invoice for it. Maybe I can still get refunded lol
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 10:30 AM   #5063
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainview View Post
so does this apply to all 2011-2013 335is' or just ones that mistakenly received the recall letter?
I really have no idea
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 07:39 PM   #5064
GATORB8
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [9.50]
Mine showed up on the BMW Reimbursement website before I even got my letter (last month), I had mine replaced under the warranty this summer, several months before receiving the letter.

Enter the last 7 of your VIN here: http://www.bmw-rp.com/

When entering my VIN, I also have the Footwell module extended warranty listed, my 3rd party extended warranty already took care of that, though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-09-2017, 09:48 PM   #5065
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORB8 View Post
Mine showed up on the BMW Reimbursement website before I even got my letter (last month), I had mine replaced under the warranty this summer, several months before receiving the letter.

Enter the last 7 of your VIN here: http://www.bmw-rp.com/

When entering my VIN, I also have the Footwell module extended warranty listed, my 3rd party extended warranty already took care of that, though.
What's the footwell module warranty?

So is the process then you think to pay for the injectors then get reimbursed from bmw if out of warranty?
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2017, 08:43 AM   #5066
GATORB8
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black n54is View Post
What's the footwell module warranty?
The Footwell module that controls a bunch of electronics (lights, windows, etc.) bricks itself.

Quote:
So is the process then you think to pay for the injectors then get reimbursed from bmw if out of warranty?
BMW dealers will do it under the extended terms of the warranty, that site is for reimbursement if you do it at a third party, or paid for it at the dealer before you got the letter.
Appreciate 1
BSM n54iS2684.50
      01-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #5067
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATORB8 View Post
The Footwell module that controls a bunch of electronics (lights, windows, etc.) bricks itself.

BMW dealers will do it under the extended terms of the warranty, that site is for reimbursement if you do it at a third party, or paid for it at the dealer before you got the letter.
Cool thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 12:15 AM   #5068
Anthonyv335is
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335is and M5

Picked up this e93 red leather Last year. Is there any flash for the DCT kinda like the alpina?
Attached Images

01-13-2017, 07:56 AM   #5069
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyv335is View Post
Picked up this e93 red leather Last year. Is there any flash for the DCT kinda like the alpina?
Nice ride. Other than a update if your software is older, not really. You can flash the 135is DCT software to lower your launch control rpm to 3500 from 5000 but that's about it.
      01-13-2017, 04:20 PM   #5070
SUHleen
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is

I never asked in any other threads but do any of you know why the 135is has the launch control at 3500 rpm and the 335is to 5000? You would think, that it would be the other way around. Since a single needs more rpm to spool than a twin setup?
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #5071
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUHleen View Post
I never asked in any other threads but do any of you know why the 135is has the launch control at 3500 rpm and the 335is to 5000? You would think, that it would be the other way around. Since a single needs more rpm to spool than a twin setup?
Not a clue. You'd think BMW would have realized at some point that that was a bad idea during testing. Something adjustable like the M3 or 2500-3000 rpm would have been much more functional. Even at stock power levels 5k rpm is useless.
      01-14-2017, 11:21 PM   #5072
Anthonyv335is
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 335is and M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
Nice ride. Other than a update if your software is older, not really. You can flash the 135is DCT software to lower your launch control rpm to 3500 from 5000 but that's about it.
Thanks just looked into it. Sounds interesting. You guys seen this tune for the m3 dct? Wonder if it would work on ours
http://www.evolveyoure92m3.com/dct-gearbox-upgrade/
      01-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #5073
Issa335is
Aspiring car enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is - Stock, for now.

Need the collective minds of all IS owners!!

Hey there everybody! Just introduced myself yesterday on the main forum but got linked over here and thought this would be a good place to ask some questions.
First and foremost:
My name is anthony and this is my 2011 335is Grey on grey. Love it so much and cant wait to make it mine.
Name:  IMG_0640.jpg
Views: 912
Size:  99.6 KB
So the questions I have for you guys are pretty simple for you I'm sure, and i will be researching as well but i thought if a few helpful souls would be willing to give their two cents it would be much appreciated.
So first off, I'm only 19 and definitely not rich, so money is a big factor for me, but i also want quality stuff on my car even if its not top quality.
My first stage of upgrades are as follows (no exact order):
Tune - thinking after i get my other performance mods, either JB4 or MHD that i just learned about yesterday, if anyone has some input on the two that'd be great
Intake - I heard the DCI from BMS gets to much hot air? Any recommendations for something that stays cooler but still looks as cool under the hood?
Charge pipe - Im sure any name brand really work here
Down pipes - I am interested in one of the cheaper yet better quality set of down pipes? have yet to really find a good answer to that.
exhaust - So far ive got my eyes set on the vanguard, sounds very loud especially with down pipes, but videos can decieve. any recommendations?
Diffuser - now this one is especially for you guys, is there one for the stock 'is' bumper? any options for quad tip that look good and are cheap?
New wheels - now this is a big one. tires I will of course not skimp on, but i want some cheap but really cool spoked aggressive wheels. 19" preferably since i am staying stock height.
Front lip - any simple CF lip that just goes straight under the bumper?
Interior LED's- Heard they must be ziza? where is the cheapest place to get there?
Tint - Got that covered
CF Emblems- Where can i get these?!?!? need them hate the oem blue ones totally not agressive at least with my color lol
Any advice will be taken with a lot of appreciation. Thank you in advance!!!! please no "go look in forums" i already am!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 06:23 PM   #5074
M1Curious
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issa335is View Post
CF Emblems- Where can i get these?!?!? need them hate the oem blue ones :

JBSpeed is one option. They are also a forum sponsor too I believe. I bought a CF hood and trunk roundel ~6 months ago (for my E90) and there is zero yellowing of the matrix. Appears to be quality made with quality materials. They are based overseas, I forget exactly where ... so expect shipping to take up to 2 weeks or so. I have zero regrets buying them. Good customer service too.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 06:34 PM   #5075
Issa335is
Aspiring car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Curious View Post
JBSpeed is one option. They are also a forum sponsor too I believe. I bought a CF hood and trunk roundel ~6 months ago (for my E90) and there is zero yellowing of the matrix. Appears to be quality made with quality materials. They are based overseas, I forget exactly where ... so expect shipping to take up to 2 weeks or so. I have zero regrets buying them. Good customer service too.
Perfect will look into them thank you!! do they have the steering wheel and wheel roundels as well?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #5076
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hey there everybody! Just introduced myself yesterday on the main forum but got linked over here and thought this would be a good place to ask some questions.
First and foremost:
My name is anthony and this is my 2011 335is Grey on grey. Love it so much and cant wait to make it mine.
Attachment 1560120
So the questions I have for you guys are pretty simple for you I'm sure, and i will be researching as well but i thought if a few helpful souls would be willing to give their two cents it would be much appreciated.
So first off, I'm only 19 and definitely not rich, so money is a big factor for me, but i also want quality stuff on my car even if its not top quality.
Tune - thinking after i get my other performance mods, either JB4 or MHD that i just learned about yesterday, if anyone has some input on the two that'd be great
Intake - I heard the DCI from BMS gets to much hot air? Any recommendations for something that stays cooler but still looks as cool under the hood?
Down pipes - I am interested in one of the cheaper yet better quality set of down pipes? have yet to really find a good answer to that.
exhaust - So far ive got my eyes set on the vanguard, sounds very loud especially with down pipes, but videos can decieve. any recommendations?
Diffuser - now this one is especially for you guys, is there one for the stock 'is' bumper? any options for quad tip that look good and are cheap?
New wheels - now this is a big one. tires I will of course not skimp on, but i want some cheap but really cool spoked aggressive wheels. 19" preferably since i am staying stock height.
Interior LED's- Heard they must be ziza? where is the cheapest place to get there?
Tint - Got that covered
CF Emblems- Where can i get these?!?!? need them hate the oem blue ones totally not agressive at least with my color lol
Any advice will be taken with a lot of appreciation. Thank you in advance!!!! please no "go look in forums" i already am!
Tune - MHD + burble option (btw Google 335i golf tee actuater mod, then go to your trunk and pull that plug out in 15s)

Intake - I have afe elite magnum, the new one is the momentum gt. Then there's ECS's kohlschribererefjfyjrznoywvldf blah blah intake.

Charge pipe - some people have issues with vrsf, some don't. Most everybody has to modify/ shave off a small lip on Cobbs' cp....other than that yea

DP's/exhaust - make sure you listen to catless vs. catted. Google 335is cobb DP review and you can hear my cobb catted, but sounds like vrsf is the way you're gonna go. Exhaust: don't waste your money, our iS mufflers are free flowing enough that you're not getting any power from a new one.

CF emblem - same as M1Curious said, JBspeed. Where I plan on purchasing my next set, $50 set comes with hood trunk and wheel. The cheaper ones out there either yellow or are stickers and suck. There are CF patterned blue and white roundels out there too so maybe you'd like those..
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #5077
Go Horns!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

Quote:
If you want 19s it is tough to beat the stock 313s. But if you want something different, Apex Wheels has their 19" wheels on sale right now. Can get a new set for $800-$1,000

https://www.apexraceparts.com/wheels...eel_diameter=6

You probably will not find a better ratio of price, quality, performance, and reputation than Apex. Their wheels are lighter than most companies.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #5078
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
First and foremost:
Attachment 1560120
Tint - Got that covered
Good choice. First, good and cheap in this platform is usually mutually exclusive.

Tune- MHD w/ a custom tune, especially if you have a DCT.
Intake- aFe enclosed intake. DCI's look like ass, don't perform better but are cheap
CP- Some are better than others. I prefer ER
DPs- VRSF great price and fit
Exhaust- waste of money other than dropping lbs.
Diffuser- good ones aren't cheap and cheap ones are garbage
Wheel- stock 19' 313 are perfect for a DD. 17' Apex for the dragstrip
Front lip- R W carbon.com (no spaces)
      01-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #5079
GATORB8
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335is  [9.50]
Quote:
Then there's ECS's kohlschribererefjfyjrznoywvldf blah blah intake.
LOL, good looking intake, though.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 03:44 PM   #5080
Issa335is
Aspiring car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Tune - MHD + burble option (btw Google 335i golf tee actuater mod, then go to your trunk and pull that plug out in 15s)

Intake - I have afe elite magnum, the new one is the momentum gt. Then there's ECS's kohlschribererefjfyjrznoywvldf blah blah intake.

Charge pipe - some people have issues with vrsf, some don't. Most everybody has to modify/ shave off a small lip on Cobbs' cp....other than that yea

DP's/exhaust - make sure you listen to catless vs. catted. Google 335is cobb DP review and you can hear my cobb catted, but sounds like vrsf is the way you're gonna go. Exhaust: don't waste your money, our iS mufflers are free flowing enough that you're not getting any power from a new one.

CF emblem - same as M1Curious said, JBspeed. Where I plan on purchasing my next set, $50 set comes with hood trunk and wheel. The cheaper ones out there either yellow or are stickers and suck. There are CF patterned blue and white roundels out there too so maybe you'd like those..
Thank you sir very helpful, now this is my daily driver, so just one if the stage 1 tunes MHD offers would be good enough right? Looking at their stuff it seems likes it's used on performance track cars more than DD's.
Thanks for the help! Can't wait to get this mini build started
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #5081
Issa335is
Aspiring car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Horns! View Post
If you want 19s it is tough to beat the stock 313s. But if you want something different, Apex Wheels has their 19" wheels on sale right now. Can get a new set for $800-$1,000

https://www.apexraceparts.com/wheels...eel_diameter=6

You probably will not find a better ratio of price, quality, performance, and reputation than Apex. Their wheels are lighter than most companies.
Will look into them now thanks for the feed back, do you know if the stock 19's could fit 265's in the back instead of 255??
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #5082
Issa335is
Aspiring car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMB335IS View Post
Good choice. First, good and cheap in this platform is usually mutually exclusive.

Tune- MHD w/ a custom tune, especially if you have a DCT.
Intake- aFe enclosed intake. DCI's look like ass, don't perform better but are cheap
CP- Some are better than others. I prefer ER
DPs- VRSF great price and fit
Exhaust- waste of money other than dropping lbs.
Diffuser- good ones aren't cheap and cheap ones are garbage
Wheel- stock 19' 313 are perfect for a DD. 17' Apex for the dragstrip
Front lip- R W carbon.com (no spaces)
Perfect thank you, now by custom tune do you mean one other than the ones included in the stage 1-2 packs they offer?
Appreciate 0