E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Looking for suggestions for a vacation to LA

07-16-2014, 06:30 AM   #45
tmdals0213
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashimarho View Post
How is driving around the city? Parking?

Thanks again
downtown LA/koreatown/hollywood is a bit more crowded for obvious reasons - a lot of ppl work and live there. but burbank/pasadena/glendale ain't too bad.

in the busier cities if you dont want to deal with finding street parking i would just look for public parking and just use those places if you can, just because you are out here on vacation and why run into the chance of you getting a parking ticket out here or something of that sort.

Idk what the driving laws in Michigan are like but in Cali you cant be on your phone texting so just dont get caught. Inner city los angeles we have bike patrol cops who sneak up on you on the streets and theyre really good about catching ppl on their phones. just a heads up haha.

Some freeway enterances/exits might be confusing so just go slow and screw the ppl behind you
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #46
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdals0213 View Post
downtown LA/koreatown/hollywood is a bit more crowded for obvious reasons - a lot of ppl work and live there. but burbank/pasadena/glendale ain't too bad.

in the busier cities if you dont want to deal with finding street parking i would just look for public parking and just use those places if you can, just because you are out here on vacation and why run into the chance of you getting a parking ticket out here or something of that sort.

Idk what the driving laws in Michigan are like but in Cali you cant be on your phone texting so just dont get caught. Inner city los angeles we have bike patrol cops who sneak up on you on the streets and theyre really good about catching ppl on their phones. just a heads up haha.

Some freeway enterances/exits might be confusing so just go slow and screw the ppl behind you
Thanks for that info. Michigan is SO subtle and conservative. Makes me nervous.
      07-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #47
MDecals
United_States
Rep

Drives: Slow

If I were you, I would stay in LA and commute to disneyland rather than the opposite. LA has much much more to do than anaheim. Not sure why it was even suggested.

There are a TON of hotels to stay in. If you want a hotel with alot of character in the middle of the nightlife scene, I would recommend the Roosevelt hotel or the W.

There are just so many bars/venues in LA that its impossible for anyone to suggest anything. If you have some specific things you want to do, feel free to PM me and I can suggest specific places (types of food/events/types of shows or things to do at night)

I'm 23 and in LA so our interests shouldn't be tooo different

Your Source For All Things Vinyl!

Official Decals: Bimmerpost | E90post| M3post | F30post

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:25 AM   #48
Spensaur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

Garage List
I didn't read through the pages so sorry if i repeated a couple things but here are some suggestions:

- I would go through airbnb and book a nice apartment in santa monica. This way, you can get an affordable place, close to the beach, shopping area nearby, and not too far from downtown LA
- I would visit Griffith observatory, Santa Monica Pier, 3rd street promenade, Disneyland/California Adventure (just to say you've done it), Venice Beach, Hollywood walk of fame, universal studios/university city walk, etc....
- Definitely need a car to get around without a doubt. Try to avoid driving into the city around 8-10am and going east around 5-7pm just because of rush hour traffic. (my commute to downtown LA in the morning is about 50 minutes for 16 miles)
- Other than that, there are a lot of bars and lounges in DTLA and beach areas (huntington beach, newport beach).

Enjoy your trip!
2007 E93 328i | Space Gray Coral Red | M-Tech Front Bumper w/ Carbon Fiber Splitters | BMW Performance Rear Bumper | BMW Performance Exhaust w/ Secondary Cat Delete | Injen Intake | HID Angel Eyes | M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 08:28 AM   #49
mashimarho
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDecals View Post
If I were you, I would stay in LA and commute to disneyland rather than the opposite. LA has much much more to do than anaheim. Not sure why it was even suggested.

There are a TON of hotels to stay in. If you want a hotel with alot of character in the middle of the nightlife scene, I would recommend the Roosevelt hotel or the W.

There are just so many bars/venues in LA that its impossible for anyone to suggest anything. If you have some specific things you want to do, feel free to PM me and I can suggest specific places (types of food/events/types of shows or things to do at night)

I'm 23 and in LA so our interests shouldn't be tooo different
Perfect plan thank you. I will stay away from Anaheim then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
I didn't read through the pages so sorry if i repeated a couple things but here are some suggestions:

- I would go through airbnb and book a nice apartment in santa monica. This way, you can get an affordable place, close to the beach, shopping area nearby, and not too far from downtown LA
- I would visit Griffith observatory, Santa Monica Pier, 3rd street promenade, Disneyland/California Adventure (just to say you've done it), Venice Beach, Hollywood walk of fame, universal studios/university city walk, etc....
- Definitely need a car to get around without a doubt. Try to avoid driving into the city around 8-10am and going east around 5-7pm just because of rush hour traffic. (my commute to downtown LA in the morning is about 50 minutes for 16 miles)
- Other than that, there are a lot of bars and lounges in DTLA and beach areas (huntington beach, newport beach).

Enjoy your trip!
Thank you!