E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > What the fvck is wrong with Bostonians!?!

10-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #67
holson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
WTF!!!??? I just got my excise tax bill for the 335 - it is almost $1000!!!!!! What the hell is the reason for the excise tax??
I paid sales tax already!
I paid for registration!
I paid for custom plates, so I need to pay for plates every year!
There is already tolls on the roads and gas tax!

What do I get in return for all these taxes? The highest and worst auto insurance in the country. Otherwise, I am still trying to figure out how this state is any better than the ones I just left, for all these taxes.
To pay the town execs big bucks j/k

Seriously, sometimes I wanna leave this place too (Boston) after a long day - but until I find something else, I just try to enjoy it! There are definitely worse places to live... (much worse)

We should just do BMW meets and forget about everything else

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:08 AM   #68
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

This thread is about 5-6 months old, just as a headsup..

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #69
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostondub View Post
i think everyone should shut up. and be happy where they are. your making ur life worst by complaining. when complaining will get you no where.
and dont dis where i live. i would rather be here then another higher crime written city. so CRAM it HOMOS.
What are you 12? You cant take criticism? Especially when its not directed to you. First learn how to spell and what not atleast somewhat well.

And secondly, I love Boston but there are plenty of other areas that are better. That is what a citizen is suppose to do. Complain and get things changed and make the city better.

Also higher crime rate in other places? haha didn't someone get shot in the middle of the day last week near Boston?

Get a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
This thread is about 5-6 months old, just as a headsup..
Yea, atleast people are actually posting in this section I guess.
      10-04-2007, 03:49 PM   #70
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
are you 12? AND YES THIS IS TOWARDS ME CUZ I LIVE HERE. think before you write.

"That is what a citizen is suppose to do. Complain and get things changed and make the city better." WELL he is going to get anything done on here buddy.

LOOK AT THE DEMOGRAPHICS buddy boston is one of the safest city in AMERICA! so yes i have a clue.
Boston is not the safest. It is most likely within the Top 40 or something. And I agree Boston overall is a pretty safe city. But truthfully cities like NYC are fairly safe aswell. That is if you compare the population ratio which is much higher than Boston's.

Also I read the paper all the time and it is common knowledge that crime keeps rising. So Boston may be considerably safe right now but may keep declining.
      10-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #71
E90Boy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F33

I must say that most ppl down south and the west coast including the popos, yes the atorwities is also very laid back compared to high strung ppl here.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 04:09 PM   #72
Spazdoc
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 C63S, 2001 S4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
are you 12? AND YES THIS IS TOWARDS ME CUZ I LIVE HERE. think before you write.

"That is what a citizen is suppose to do. Complain and get things changed and make the city better." WELL he is going to get anything done on here buddy.

LOOK AT THE DEMOGRAPHICS buddy boston is one of the safest city in AMERICA! so yes i have a clue.
I have written a few letters, about some basic things (next one is about the idiotic pedestrian walk signals on the roads).

Also, could you please show me where Boston ranks as one of the safest cities in the US? It is not even listed in the top percentage (ie top 25 of 350 cities in one list, or even to 50 on another), etc. You can even see the warning of hitting chinatown in here: Virtual Tourist
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #73
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
I have to agree that its common knowledge chinatown isnt a great city.

Also if by combat zone you mean the gangs fighting that no longer is a huge issue. Like it once was especially when the italians and chinese did not get along.

Also Chinatown has a soup kitchen I believe. Not sure exactly what it is. I dont mean to stereotype at all but there are many shady people who stand outside this building.

Shoot my friend almost bought shrooms from this guy in chinatown. Its just a thing that happens in the city.

Just dont be there at night.

But as stated Boston may feel safe and is safe to an extent. But at the end of the day the Mayor sucks and the city is going downhill in many cases.

I still love Boston, but I find it amusing that the city and State wonder why all the college kids leave after graduating.
      10-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #74
Spazdoc
Major
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
PUhaha.. thats from a GUY. not even an offical. yeah we ALL know that chinatown"combat zone" is a place not to go at night. and im one of those ppl late at night who go and drink. yeah there are some fights. but those fights are not gangsters or pimps or crack heads. and the combat zone doesnt exist anymore. so get your facts straight AND YES BOSTON IS A SAFE CITY. or your just a pussy.
Nope, but I have lived in New Jersey and Chicago, and I felt safer out there. And I have lived in the 'bad' areas, too.

Listing of 344 metropolitan areas, Boston not in the safest 25 (from a publishing and research company): http://www.morganquitno.com/safecity.htm

City-data.com, listing Boston as well above the US average Crime index (scroll down) http://www.city-data.com/city/Boston-Massachusetts.html

Now, would you like to pull some of your data and have a legit discussion, or do you want to continue slinging BS?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #75
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
hahahaha. dude i bet Dorchesters bad parts compared to chicagos or NJs bad parts are FARRR more safter then you think. im WHITE and i walk around dorchester roxbury at night... no problem at all... so i dont know where u grow up in the burbs or something...
what are you turning tricks over there or what?

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2007, 10:41 PM   #76
Curious Joel
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Montego/Saddle

Move up to NH. It's the same thing, with more trees and better drivers ..
I love Boston, but I could never imagine living there. After even the best day in Boston, there's nothing like a relaxing drive back north. I enjoy driving in Mass. It's an adventure... Throw all traffic laws and right-of-way rules out the window! I could never deal with it on a daily basis though.
Sport/Steptronic/Paddles/Premium/CA
PDC/Nav/6FL/etc.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #77
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
what are you turning tricks over there or what?
haha. Either that or he is trying to act hard and is just saying that. Because truthfully, who the hell would go in those areas for no reason other than sex or drugs? Even for those I'd go else where.

Way to be many hardcore gangstas for me there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Joel View Post
Move up to NH. It's the same thing, with more trees and better drivers ..
I love Boston, but I could never imagine living there. After even the best day in Boston, there's nothing like a relaxing drive back north. I enjoy driving in Mass. It's an adventure... Throw all traffic laws and right-of-way rules out the window! I could never deal with it on a daily basis though.
Yea, NH can be very calming. Great picture in your avatar. Have yet to see your car bet it looks amazing with that color.
      10-05-2007, 08:58 AM   #78
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
no acting here. i just get out and expericence the WORLD. you should try it.
When I was younger I lived in Lawrence. The most poverished city/town in all of Mass. So I have been in other areas especially ghetto areas. That wasn't by choice though and it obviously was better years ago. But point is there is nothing that is offered in those type of areas. So trying it is pointless.
      10-05-2007, 10:14 AM   #79
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
so you're telling me that by you going out at night naked to roxbury and dorchester, thats equivalent to experiencing the WORLD.

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 12:00 PM   #80
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i give up.
dont give up, we're not fighting so theres nothing to give up. actually since you started to come around, this section is much more fun.

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 01:22 PM   #81
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
hehe aight.. then lets start a NEW topic to debate about..
its friday and i only will be at work for another hour. lets skip the debate till next week and just have a good three day weekend. aight.

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 01:24 PM   #82
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Sounds good. I'm taking off early to go put my summer wheels back on.. (Had to get two new front tires)

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #83
Spazdoc
Major
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry, but Dorchester is not my idea of experiencing the world. Perhaps Champs-Elysees.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 11:10 AM   #84
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_1001 View Post
Ummmm.... Can you clue us in just a bit...?

I hate it here too... But it's home. I moved out of state 4 times and kept coming back...

My big gripe is inconsiterate people both on and off the road...
hey you live in franklin??? my fam lives there I was raised there lol
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #85
chris_1001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
hey you live in franklin??? my fam lives there I was raised there lol
Yeah, on and off as an adult over the years, two houses and two apartments. Nice place. I used to hang in Medway, Millis and Milford (but I did not grow up in the area) so when it was time to buy, Franklin seemed like the place to go (as i was familiar with it and it had the most to offer).
      07-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #86
LuisBoston
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i, '23 iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [10.00]
2013 BMW 128i  [9.50]
2007 328xi  [10.00]
I find Bostonians just need to complain and be bitter about something. For instance, Sox fans complained about pink (and other) colored baseball hats. I mean, you finally won the pennant (twice) so be happy and shut the f&(* up already. STOP WHINING. I know Boston has an inferiority complex to New York, but still.

When I first moved to Boston in 2001 I was miserable. It's a town full of transients who are flaky and indecisive. People are rude (no one says thank you when you hold a door open for them) and are very insular. I moved away in 2003 and missed it dearly. It's a great town to walk around in, and driving can be fun outside of rush hour (through the tunnels and around sharp curves on Storrow Drive). I came back in 2005 with a different perspective. It certainly takes some time to get used to it.

What have I learned? 1. When someone doesn't say "thank you" for holding a door, say "You're Welcome" really loud so they know you've acknowledged their rudeness. Yes, it's mass-holey but they deserve it. 2. drive like a Bostonian and all will be well. Take your left turn and inch into traffic until it stops. Treat driving like you would a video game. 3. Don't flip off anyone in a Magnum or 300 with tinted windows (don't ask). 4. Go lay on the beach and spend as MUCH time as possible in the summer outdoors. You'll appreciate it in the winter. 5. Stay away from college kids - they move away anyway so why bother. And finally, 6. Appreciate the brutal honesty of people. It's much better than out west where people put on a fake smile or down south where they are nice to you to your face and talk about you behind your back. At least here they just don't talk to you. If they don't like you, you know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
What are you 12? You cant take criticism? Especially when its not directed to you. First learn how to spell and what not atleast somewhat well.

And secondly, I love Boston but there are plenty of other areas that are better. That is what a citizen is suppose to do. Complain and get things changed and make the city better.

Also higher crime rate in other places? haha didn't someone get shot in the middle of the day last week near Boston?

Get a clue.

Yea, atleast people are actually posting in this section I guess.
[url]http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897862

Last edited by LuisBoston; 07-28-2008 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 11:20 AM   #87
LuisBoston
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 128i, '23 iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [10.00]
2013 BMW 128i  [9.50]
2007 328xi  [10.00]
Oh. And I am so frickin tired of people complaining about taxes here. MA ranks 28th, YES TWENTY-EIGHTH for combined local and state tax burdens.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/news/show/335.html

28th!

http://www.boston.com/news/globe/cit..._taxachus.html

28th.
[url]http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=897862
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #88
Spazdoc
Major
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lem144 View Post
And finally, 6. Appreciate the brutal honesty of people. It's much better than out west where people put on a fake smile or down south where they are nice to you to your face and talk about you behind your back. At least here they just don't talk to you. If they don't like you, you know it.
But the problem here is that they are not honest and act polite, but passive aggressive. At least the North Shore types.
Appreciate 0