E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Warranty questions

03-03-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
kjohnson949
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Warranty questions

To start off im the proud new owner of an 08 335 e92. I'd been looking for a year or so. When I came across my car. It had fairly good miles on it 45 k and some change. So I pulled the trigger. I've only had it a couple weeks and the moding bug already bit me. So i went to the guys at Eas to start the build if my new baby. Went with Bms dci and Macht Schnell dp's. Over the weekend my service soon light comes on. Checked everything and all systems are good so looks like just routine service. Question is will the added mods be an issues with my warranty. The car has an extended warranty to 100k so don't wanna viod it already. Im a novice mechanically so removal might be an issue for me. Bought the car at carmax. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll post some pics of her soon as I can. Thanks agian guys!
      03-04-2014, 06:53 PM   #2
Stance321
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: meow

Your down pipes void warranty...is this a serious question?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 10:13 PM   #3
Northbay
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Some BMW dealers won't touch modded cars, but they won't automatically void your warranty for mods unless you try to get them to fix a problem with your car that the mods are causing.

Also if this is a concern for you, stop putting parts on your car. Don't be one of those guys that blows their shit up then tries to pass it off as BMW's problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2014, 10:36 AM   #4
XM_Rocks
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 GTI, sold my E90 N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjohnson949 View Post
Question is will the added mods be an issues with my warranty. The car has an extended warranty to 100k so don't wanna viod it already.
Two choices...

Understand contract law exsists and read the warranty document or print the below and hand to the service adviser or warranty company...

I XM_Rocks authorize/demand ___________ warranty company to honor all future claims on KJohnson949's vehicle regardless of modification. We will strike all language regarding "modification" post agreement that was agreed when purchasing said warranty. If you or your attorneys have any questions about this legally binding decree please IM me on E90Post.com.
Appreciate 0