E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LED angel eye

05-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
kavadarci
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

LED angel eye

My appologies if this has been asked before but:
i have no name led angel eyes upgrade and the inner circle is nice and bright but the outter circle is barely noticable and the rings on a sunny days you can't even see them.

my questions are:
Is this because my led ring light is too weak and would lux h8 lid both rings fully and be visible day time?
i have 09 335 sedan.

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
rollinstone157
Brotographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavadarci View Post
My appologies if this has been asked before but:
i have no name led angel eyes upgrade and the inner circle is nice and bright but the outter circle is barely noticable and the rings on a sunny days you can't even see them.

my questions are:
Is this because my led ring light is too weak and would lux h8 lid both rings fully and be visible day time?
i have 09 335 sedan.

Thank you.
Will the LUXs be better than what you have no in terms of evenness and brightness? Answer: Yes
Will the LUX's be as good as the E92 LCI/new LED BMW angel eye rings? Answer: No
Will the LUX's be visible in the day time? From certain angles it will look washed out, but from the perspective of most other drivers, they will be even and visible.

If you want something equal to or greater than the E92 LCI's in terms of brightness, and evenness, you're going to need full-LED rings, from OSS, ONEighty, or BavX LS3. Alternatively, you can buy Umnitza rings (what OSS uses) or the ONEighty ORB rings (what ONEighty uses) and try to install them yourself. And even more DIY-r then that, you can buy individual tiny leds, glue them to your rings, solder them all up, and go.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post
Will the LUXs be better than what you have no in terms of evenness and brightness? Answer: Yes
Will the LUX's be as good as the E92 LCI/new LED BMW angel eye rings? Answer: No
Will the LUX's be visible in the day time? From certain angles it will look washed out, but from the perspective of most other drivers, they will be even and visible.

If you want something equal to or greater than the E92 LCI's in terms of brightness, and evenness, you're going to need full-LED rings, from OSS, ONEighty, or BavX LS3. Alternatively, you can buy Umnitza rings (what OSS uses) or the ONEighty ORB rings (what ONEighty uses) and try to install them yourself. And even more DIY-r then that, you can buy individual tiny leds, glue them to your rings, solder them all up, and go.

+1
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
e90postlogin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone157 View Post

go with OSS - no other rings are brighter, they look brighter than the originals
OSS even told me they are working on an OEM system that could dim the angel eyes at night just like stock angel eyes
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
kavadarci
Lieutenant
Rep

I have 2009 335xi sedan, doesn't take make it LCI?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
I have 2009 335xi sedan, doesn't take make it LCI?
yeah but if you have halogen headlights, the angel eyes on those are weaksauce.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
kavadarci
Lieutenant
Rep

i have HID for the main lights but the angel eyes are halogen.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #8
edirtaynine
Major General
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
i have HID for the main lights but the angel eyes are halogen.
oh i think BMW switched to LED angel eyes in 2011? dont remember exactly. but even if you have an LCI, the sedan didnt get it til later i think. the e92 lci got it, but the e92 lci also came out after the e90 lci.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
kavadarci
Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 09:18 PM   #10
E90Company
Major General
No_Country